NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@theslightedgeforever, thanks for the book links. I will check them out.

@TrishasTime, I hope you are feeling better today! <3

@Trooworld, owning what you have and haven't been doing is key. You know what to do and you just have to purpose in your heart to do what is best for you! Yesterday, I read this little quote and added it to my collection. It says...Consistency + Results = Motivation. So, simple but so full of truth, huh?

@cbabie, So sorry for the drama going on in your house but yayyy for sticking to your no sugar goals. I'm working on mine too. I've never done something for Lent and I'm thinking about a cold turkey no sugar at all fast. Scary!! :#

Well, I'm on day 8 of IF and so far so good! I lost 1.4 lbs yesterday and ya'll know that is huge for me! My longest fast was 18 hrs. and 26 minutes. The hunger comes and goes but it's really very manageable. It's kind of fun and empowering (stealing your word trooworld!) to not give into the hunger and wait for it to pass. I'm sitting here drinking a cup of black coffee with a little salt and cinnamon. Not too bad! ;) The funniest thing was yesterday at my meeting because the topic was on the importance of eating three meals a day with 2 snacks. My leader kept talking about how we can't let ourselves get hungry because we will have brain fog and low energy. I was sitting there in my 15th hour of fasting and felt great and full of energy. NOT ever being hungry is what made me fat to begin with. :p

Tomorrow, I go see Gone With The Wind!! I'm super excited, except my hubby isn't feeling well today. I'm praying that whatever is going on will leave so we can enjoy the movie. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @gemwolf110 There will always be some tweaking to be done. Otherwise we would perfect which we’re not. Only God is. You’ll figure this out. Didn’t I see something that you lost weight. Congrats. Hiking is fun. I just need to be in better shape.

@trooworld The fact that you started tracking is promising. You’re turning the ship around.

@cbabie You could have done a lot worse than mini rice cakes. So now your turn for your journal. I choose not to track because.......

@TeresaW1020 Good for you for losing. This plan is working for you.
    Soon you’ll be enjoying GWTW. Hopefully your DH will get better in time. Good idea on motivation.

I stayed within my food boundaries Did 58 min of exercise. Water goal met. Big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry you are experiencing drama. That can definitely affect weight loss efforts! I hope things calm down soon.

@TeresaW1020 Oh that is gooooood! Thanks for that! So simple. You know what, a little hunger won't kill us right? Yeah, I have an officemate that eats all the time...like she eats something every hour to every two hours. I think that is excessive. But I guess everyone has their own journey, I should "stay in my lane" lol. I hope you enjoy today's screening of Gone With The Wind. Are you bringing snacks???

@theslightedgeforever Yes! Ship is slow to turn around, it's like one of those big cruise ships that take forever to turn around. ;) Great job!

Hello all. This week has been so nice, having all the food made for the week. It's been a, dare I say? PERFECT week? I needed a perfect week. I hope this next week can be just as good. For the past two weeks, I've ordered grocery delivery and I have to say I love it: it saves me time and energy and that energy part is very important. Since I have that long commute, my energy is very limited on the weekends. All I have to do is go to the produce store to get my produce, and that is right down the street from my house. EMPOWERED.

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @gemwolf110 You did exceptionally well this week. Another good habit to learn is be easy on yourself and realize you’re just a student. Student of healthy habits for your body. A student learns best if she is not being shamed or criticized. Learns best with practice practice practice. You got this! Funny thing tonight at bookclub. I was telling the ladies I always wanted to be Catholic.

@trooworld Exactly how I see myself. Cruise ship. Lots of fun activities on board. Stay in my lane. Lol. Should have told myself this. All the women but one in my bookclub group who were there is doing keto. It was a Lebanese restaurant and I have 60 day weigh in tomorrow so I ordered hummus, pita bread and grape leaves (dolmas). They also served an eggplant dip plus a beetroot dip with pita bread that I didn’t want so I offered it to them. They were all we don’t eat bread. I just laughed and said that’s why I like my eating plan. Eat what I want and still lose weight. Stay in my lane. I say keep having your food delivered. If that gives you extra time and energy to have all your food ready.

Stayed within food boundaries. Rest day for exercise but got in my minimum 15 min walk and my steps. Did not get my water in so only a little sticker for me. 👎🏻 Didn’t journal either so I will catch that up tomorrow. Fingers crossed for 60 day weigh in. At this point I’m hoping for a maintain. But the fact that I’ve stuck this out two months is amazing and impressive. Probably a record too. Oh no wait. I want to change my statement. I didn’t stick this out. That sounds negative. The fact that I’ve chosen to work my plan consistently for two months is amazing and impressive. 💪🏻

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

restarted 100 days today.

@gemwolf110 - Congrats on your loss

@teresaW2010 - Woohoo - nice one - do you think you have found "your plan"??

@cbabie - Sorry to hear that you have dramas. Hope peace comes soon.

@theslightedgeforever - fingers crossed for your WI - 60 days that is fantastic :)

@trooworld - I have my shopping delivered every week. I think I have mentioned before how much I hate shopping

Take Care

trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I like your eating plan, too! :) I love Lebanese food. I love all food. LOL Good for you for being consistent for 60 days! You are learning to be consistent. Impressive and amazing indeed!

@TrishasTime how's your head? Shopping takes a lot out of me. I think I'd rather pay the fee.

Hi all. I'm so glad it is Friday. Yesterday at work, I just ran out of steam and had to get a cup of coffee to function in the afternoon. I need this weekend!

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey all

I've been knocked out by a cold. Unfortunately for me when I get sick I still somehow have a roaring appetite. But it's like being hungry while also being slightly nauseated by everything lol. I'm a crazy person.

Anyway still tracking but not worrying too much about calories. Just trying to feed the beast with healthy food.

Unfortunately hard to get much rest due to work. Hopefully tomorrow.

Will check in when I'm back on track!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all,
    I am still in the no sugar world. When I say no sugar, it just means i am not having sweets...I am focusing on one thing for now, then I will move to the next.

@its_cleo sorry you have been sick, but yes better to feed and get well than starve and stay sick.

@trooworld I am a picky eater, bland is my game..LOL I am glad you had a great week!!

@theslightedgeforever You are doing great! I am proud of you.

@trishastime thanks, I am believing peace as well. I would love to have things delivered, but I feel I can't make myself do that. LOL

@gemwolf110 great job on the loss!!!

@teresaw1020 I am a cold turkey kind of girl..LOL congrats on your loss!!!!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    @trooworld – Thanks for asking – my head is still attached (LOL), I feel flat and with no energy, but at least I can see things now. I agree with you – the only thing I really do not like is that I do like to pick my meats and fruit/veges. The fact all the heavy things comes is good and the bonus is that you do not not make snap purchases. How are you feeling today?

@its_cleo – Check in whether you are on track or not – we are here to support you through the good and bad days

@cbabie – Well done on the sweets. Do you guys have sugar free lollies over there. W do here (what you consider that cheating?) As part of the 100 day plan, it says I used to so that but now I….. I always eats sweet things when I am stressed. So that is the one thing I am concentrating on

Good day yesterday, only a medium sticker as I did not hit my step goal, but food and calories where good

Take care

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Quick check in. 60 day weigh in. Down 1.5 lbs 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 I had a WHOOSH.

Stayed within food boundaries. Only burned 99 exercise calories so no big sticker today. I went out with family and just didn’t do the rest when I got home. Water goal met. Journal done

That’s two days of little stickers. Little stickers will not help me continue losing weight.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    morning: Still no sugar, but I am at the place where I really wanted a bowl of Ice Cream last night..ugh...did not have it, but REALLY wanted it.

@thesightedgeforever great job!!! I need to print that finally got ink in my printer... I will go back and find the sheet.

@trishastime You got this..you are doing well. Yes sweets is always my go to...so it is the ONE THING I am focusing on right now..but I really do have to start working on the others..like walking..LOL

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! <3

@cbabie, you are doing soooo good with no sugar and you just gotta be strong and resist the temptation to give in. I've had a rough couple of days staying away from things that I shouldn't be eating and last night I had a good talking to myself. I watched this video where the woman was talking about how we have to make some things non-negotiables. That is what I have to do with junk that doesn't belong in my mouth!! ;)

@theslightedgeforever, WOOT for a Whoosh!! B) I lost 0.5 these last 10 days. Not the whoosh I was hoping for but I also have only myself to blame. Yes, little stickers will not get you to where you want to be. Neither will me being lax and lazy some days of the week. :/

@its_Cleo, I hope you are feeling better soon! <3

@trooworld, I have friends here that love the grocery delivery service. I can totally see the appeal when you are super busy or have kids. I love grocery shopping and wandering around looking at stuff, so I don't see myself doing it. I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend! :)

@TrishasTime, a medium sticker is better than no sticker! Glad you are feeling better. :)

@gemwolf110, my husband was raised Catholic too and at 70 he started going with me to a small church down the road. He loved the music, the friendliness of the people, and most important the pastor and his messages. This church has now become our family and consumes most of our days. I never stop marveling at what God does in our lives. :)

Today is my birthday and I'm 53 years old! :o How did that happen? I already had my present on Thursday when hubby took me to see Gone With The Wind. I still LOVE that movie and my husband even enjoyed it much more than I was expecting him too. I did manage to eat like 3 cups of trail mix so my weight wasn't happy with me. :# I'm back at it today and plan to fast for at least 18 hours. I'm finding my hardest thing is when I break the fast I still want to eat all afternoon. I have to stop the need to munch on things or the IF isn't going to be very worthwhile for me. :/
  • trooworld
    Options
    @its_cleo I'm the same way! I'm sorry you've been sick. I hope you feel better soon!

@cbabie Great job with the no sugar! :D Oh, I don't know about a great week, as far as food goes yes, but I was grouchy because my coworkers got on my nerves lol. I'm glad you didn't have that ice cream. ;)

@TrishasTime I'm glad you still have an attached head lol. I hope you feel better soon. Yes, no last-minute grabs of chips! I walked about a mile and back yesterday to get coffee with my hubby and so my foot is not very happy today. It's not as bad as the last time we went. I'm walking a 5K on the Saturday of St Patrick's Day weekend, so that should irritate it pretty well. Thanks for asking. Congrats on a good day.

@theslightedgeforever Woo hoo on the 1.5 lbs!

@TeresaW1020 Non-negotiables for me are Doritos. If I give in to those, I'm all in. Yeah, if I didn't have that long commute, I'd totally love grocery shopping but I do have the commute and treasure the precious little free time the weekend affords me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!!! Woo hoo! I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. It's good you are evaluating IF without rose colored glasses like some people have on about it.

Hi all! It's Saturday and since I only have to go to the produce store today, I'm going to do some reading. I do have to get the tires rotated some time today, but other than that, I'm FREEEEEE!

EMPOWERED.

jrkdc0ekosm9.jpg
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hiya

@theslightedgeforever – Happy Dance - Congratulations on your marvellous loss – it seems you are smashing and you know which path will lead you to your final goal.

@cbabie – I bet you are doing a lot of incidental walking with the baby and that might be enough until the sugar habit is well and truly broken. Well done on your resistance with the ice cream.

@TeresaW1020 – A Loss is a loss – it shows you did something different. Happy birthday to you, I am glad you had a day celebrating it. As long as you are back to it then it is shows that you are stronger than you think.

@trooworld – Make sure you use the arch support and put an anti inflammatory cream before you walk in St Patricks Day, when you get home heat pad on your foot and should be good to go 😊

Looking for a healthy muffin mix (anyone??/)

Yesterday was a medium sticker – did not get sufficient steps in , but I recorded everything in my diary and went out to find a set of stops to climb. My calories were slightly over as we had pizza, but I only had 2 small slices instead of the 5 or 6 I normally have, so that for me is a win

Day 3 of 100 today

Trish

• TrishasTime
    Options
    @prisoner2food - You snuck in whilst I was typing. Glad to see you still with us. Hope things are getting better for you
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @trishastime Hooray for restarting 100 day challenge. You can do this. Good for you for hitting 2/3 of your goals. Always focusing on what you did versus what you didn't do . Did you do a Pinterest search for healthy muffins? They'll have loads.

@trooworld Did you get to rest this weekend? The walk with hubby sounded nice. We do that sometimes instead of taking the car.

@its_cleo Hang in there. This too shall pass. Then you'll come roaring back like a lion.

@cbabie All you have to do is get through TODAY and don't eat sugar. Focus on one day at a time. That's where you keep a stash of SF ice cream at home or you drive to your closest Baskin Robbin. That's a better option because it's automatically portioned control and you eat a small scoop of their SF flavors in a cup.

@teresaw1020 Remember a loss is a loss. You get 10 more days to work towards that 1 lb goal.
    Happy Birthday. Were you a queen for the day? What boundaries have you set for your eating hours? Is it basically a free for all during that time? Are you still tracking your points/calories/whatever? Most plans need tweaking. So you have the foundation for your plan, now what do you need to do to reach that 1 lb in 10 day goal?

@prisoner2food Come in and tell us about some of your healthy choices this past week.

I stayed within my food boundaries. I went to a baby shower and got to eat 1/4 piece of cake. I chose well during the day to leave enough calories for dinner and dessert. I did not exercise due to the fact that I fell going up the stairs at breakfast. My kneecap hit the edge of the stairs. Dh was in front of me so he didn't see me, all he knew that I was just standing there and he kept saying what are you doing, come on. lol As I glare at him, I'm saying, I fell and I'm taking a moment to catch my breath from the pain but thank you for your concern. :| Good news was I didn't break my sunglasses. lol Hopefully my knee is just bruised and the pain of going up and down stairs goes away by tomorrow. Water goal met. But no journaling So lots to catch up on.

16946213.png

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support all. My cold is getting better, but I'm still feeling pretty low, no energy. I really took it easy yesterday and will try again today to just relax. My guilty pleasure is watching old soaps on Youtube. I never really watched them growing up, but I get hooked now. I've been eating okay, over my calorie goal for weight loss, but under maintenance cals, so hopefully it is ok.

@theslightedgeforever hope your knee gets better.

@TrishasTime I’m also looking for a healthy muffin mix. I haven’t found anything I liked. Thinking about trying this one > https://allrecipes.com/recipe/244987/apple-cinnamon-oatmeal-muffins/

Did I mention I tried those Leslie Sansone videos and I love them? When I’m working at home it’s great, I can get up and do 10 mins for a break.

@trooworld enjoy your free day!

@TeresaW1020 Happy Birthday!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime I have the arch supports in my sneakers, so that's not a worry. I hadn't thought about a heating pad...that's a good idea. Congrats on only 2 small slices of pizza, that is indeed a victory!!!

@theslightedgeforever I rested yesterday, I didn't read (I am taking a course related to work and I worked on that for about an hour), but I did listen to an audiobook with the husband. Watched a little tv. It was nice. Now, this morning, I have to drink some coffee and then get in the kitchen and cook. I hope your knee is okay, that sounds really painful.

@its_cleo I'm glad your cold is getting better I hope you continue to feel better and that your energy improves. I love those Leslie Sansone videos too! Thank you, I will enjoy my 2nd free day.

Hello all. I stayed up too late last night and now I am tired but I must carry on. This is what I am making this week:

Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops + roasted potatoes
    Vegan West African Peanut Stew
    Chicken Shawarma + steamed broccoli
    Chicken, Feta Cheese, and Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever – How is your knee today? I lose on the step count but I am over 8K step s- just need to get to 10K

@its_cleo – I am glad your cold is getting better. Well done on the eating, I find when I am sick I wanted comfort food. Now, I will do something else instead like have a soak in the bath.

@trooworld – Where do you find these interesting receipts, do you search on line or do you have marvellous cookbooks to hand?

Today is 39C – well over the 100. I need to walk to the chemist and then do my stairs before it starts to swelter and then at 11am – the shops will open (it is a public holiday here) and I can buzz off to do the shopping. Rest of the day will be easier, but I just read Leslie walking video – I may do that in the a/c to get my steps up.

Take care