NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @trooworld I tried watching Marie Kondo but because of her heavy accent I was having to really concentrate. I like to watch shows like that where I don’t have to follow a plot line while I’m cleaning. It did not spark joy for me. 😜 I need it though. I liked Hoarders better. Maybe I should watch that. How were your food choices yesterday.

@gemwolf110 sled racing sounds fun. Your exercise plan sounds like a good one.

@cbabie. Because you are an all or nothing person your mind is telling you no carbs probably. That’s almost impossible to do. If you are eating 200 gms of carbs a day could you eat 185 gms. If you ease into it you never miss it. But tracking daily is important. It only takes less than a minute to track your food here on MFP. On the other hand is it easier for you to say no to a specific kind of carbs. Which carbs are you having problems with overeating.

Stayed within my food boundaries. But I had pizza so I’ll show a gain on the scale because of the sodium. Thank God it’s not 70 day weigh in. I’m still up a bit from 60 day. But that seems to be how it goes with me. The overall trend since Jan is down. That’s what I’m looking at. I’m making good habits. Exercise was 54 minutes. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day.
  • stormysmom4
    stormysmom4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys (gals), I'm new here. I'm new to WW also. So I started WW a month ago, then realized I could track food here, about a week ago. Here's my issue. I reach all my points on WW, but when I track here, I'm not getting enough calories. Anyone else have that issue? I'm trying to lose weight, but more days than not, I'm forcing myself to eat all my points. I lost 10 pounds during the first 2 weeks. Now I'm bouncing back and forth between another pound or two.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,924 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime I missed your reply sorry. Yes, we are excited. No, unfortunately, anything closer to work is too expensive. We will probably stay in our area. At least my commute won't be worse. My headache had dissipated but I've had a lot of anxiety. I love your boots!!!

@theslightedgeforever I missed your reply, too. Geez Louise! I just popped on here yesterday and missed a bunch. I don't know what would make tracking easier, I already pretrack and that is easiest of all. Don't congratulate me until I buy the condo...we haven't bought anything yet. ;) My grandma was fun. I miss her dearly. She would always take my side. That's too bad that the Marie Kondo show didn't spark joy for you lol. Her accent is pretty heavy. She's so tiny and cute. My food choices were good yesterday: African peanut stew for lunch and a chicken wrap for dinner...breakfast sandwich in pita for breakfast. The day before was terrible...pizza all day.

@gemwolf110 Yeah, it's called "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo". Don't be thrown off by the subtitles...it's mostly in English, she has a translator for most of it, she only speaks Japanese with subtitles for a small part of it.

@cbabie headache is gone! Woo hoo!

@stormysmom4 Hi there! I am not on WW anymore, I used to be, but maybe one of the gals that is still on it can address your question. Welcome! I'm glad you are here.

Hi all. I had an attack of anxiety at work yesterday, it was awful. I just wanted to run out of the building screaming. I'm glad it is Friday.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@TrishasTime, I hurt my knee from abusing it on the treadmill with too much incline and I’m pretty sure because I like to run in place to get my extra steps in for the day. I am wayyy to much of a girl to be putting that kind of pressure on my knees and I have to stop. My sweet husband spent half the day yesterday researching knee pain and finding articles that I would actually read. God love the man!! I plan to try to stick to my diet and not overeat since I don’t have the activity points right now to lean on. Love the boots!! <3

@theslightedgeforever, I will be eating pizza on Sunday at a lunch for our nursery workers at the church and I’m already dreading the sodium boost on my weight. Of course, I could just say no to the pizza. ;)

@trooworld, Oh my having an anxiety attack is no joke! Is that common for you? My daughter used to have terrible panic attacks, so I know how scary they can feel. What are your weekend plans to take care of yourself and get some rest? <3

@cbabie, Our Awana Grand Prix was a huge success. The best we have had yet! We had about 150 people show up for dinner on the grill and to cheer the kids on. Of course, there is no rest for us church people because next on the agenda is the Easter egg hunt!! :o

@stormysmom4, welcome to our group! I double track points and calories and it can be tricky to balance the two. I mostly concentrate on my calories and use the WW points as a guide for healthy eating. I’m also not afraid to use my weekly points. That is why there are there. :)

This week has been crazy busy with work. It feels like every time I scratch something off my to-do-list I add three more things to it! I'm also teaching this Sunday in children's church and I haven't even thought about my lesson, so I will be cramming that in all day tomorrow. My intermittent fasting is going pretty good. I'm still not embracing the black coffee thing in the morning and I'm putting just a touch of heavy cream. No sweeteners at all so that is a win for me. OK, I'm going to head to work and get this day started. :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Morning! I am still not looking at sweets...but today I stared looking at carbs I am eating...

@theslightedgeforever yes I know I have to eat carbs....just not always. Lol

@trooworld I am sorry for the anxiety attack..those are horrible. But glad the headache is gone.

@TeresaW1020 congrats on a successful time with the kids...yes we are planning Easter, then Mother’s Day..LOL

@stormysmom4 Welcome!!!! Yes we have all tried WW or are still doing it. I lost to lifetime status, but realized I need to lose a little more and want health not weight loss only. We all struggle to find outer sweet spot, but when you do. AHHHH😄

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Well I feel really behind on posts. Partly work, but also I thought my cold was getting better, then mid week I got hit hard again. Today is the first day I feel ok. I’m hoping to get back on my exercise schedule starting Sunday. I also have brunch with one of my uncles on Sunday, so that will be a treat.

I checked my weight and Jan 1- Mar 1 I’ve lost 3 lbs. So that isn’t very much, but I know it’s because there were a lot of days I really indulged. So at least it is trending down, however slow.

@stormysmom4 I had that exact issue. I started ww in January and consistently found I would be over points but under calories. I finally have moved to just tracking in MFP. But I will give ww credit, it helped me in the right direction and really helped me with portion control to start with.

@cbabie I don’t know how you could cut out all sugar/sweets! Kudos to you, it’s an ambitious goal and you do so well to just keep at it. I’ve given up a lot of fast food and salty food ie chips, bacon. But sweets remain my downfall.

@TeresaW1020 running can be really hard on a lot of people’s knees. Do you have your own treadmill? I like to run but I get injuries also off and on. I also joined a hiking a club, and walking can be great low impact exercise.

@trooworld , sorry to hear you’re struggling with anxiety. I’ve struggled with anxiety all my life so I know what it’s like. I used to have anxiety attacks at work, and I would have to step outside and tell myself I was not going to get hurt/die. I've been on medication, and also have learned over time how to deal with it. Is it unusual for you?

@theslightedgeforever that’s great your trend is down! That’s what matters. That’s what really shows it is habits changing and not just a crash diet imo. – as for the day that was over- yeah I find if I don’t track that is often a mistake lol. But any experience can be good as long as you can learn something from it. Hopefully that’s not too annoying!

Well Sunday I have brunch with my uncle which is kind of a special occasion, so I will get waffles and bacon at the restaurant. I really want to get back on track with exercising starting on Sunday now this cold is over. And spring is almost here! It’s supposed to be slightly above freezing next week lol. So that will see, like a miracle.

@gemwolf110 love your boots! How is your dog doing?
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @stormysmom4 welcome to the group. Congrats on losing 10 lbs. that’s an accomplishment. Your body might be processing the 10 lbs and if you stick to your healthy habits then one day you will see a WHOOSH. Think about are you hungry. Are you satisfied with your food choices. Both mentally and emotionally. Is it sustainable? You are choosing to do this for the rest of your life.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld. So if you are already pretracking then your score should be 7/7 days. How much does not getting 7/7 figure into your current weight versus your goal weight? Tracking is just one of many components of weight loss but is a different percent for different people. What percent would you give it?

I need to go. Dh needs something.

Stayed within food boundaries. Exercised 65 min Water goal met journal done. Big sticker day. Scale still up 👎🏻 3 days left to earn more stickers for a WHOOSH
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I have attacks of anxiety about once a month. To me, these are different than PANIC attacks, For those that don't know, these are when you feel like you are having a heart attack/dying and start hyperventilating and the world closes in on you. I've had a couple of panic attacks in my life, those are awful! Anxiety attacks to me are milder panic attacks: I feel an intense sense of overwhelmingness (is that a word???), tightness in my chest/pressure in my chest, urgent desire to escape the situation I am in, a sense of doom, feeling detached from reality, inability to calm down, feeling panicky, and I have a racing heart. The day that was really bad at work, I couldn't function really well so I took some medicine I had that I only take in case of emergency (it's prescription). "In case of emergency, break glass" lol. It helped a lot. This weekend, I'm going to work on decluttering my house a bit, which should help. Because my apartment is less than 600 square feet, probably around 500 square feet, it gets cluttered really easily and that adds to my anxiety. Thanks for asking. <3 Good luck with planning your Sunday school lesson. I know it will be a hit!

@cbabie You are doing awesome staying away from sweets. How are you going to reward yourself for your good work? Thanks...no the anxiety is terrible. I've had it since I was a kid. I remember when I was a kid, my parents on a dock getting ready to go fishing and I was crying, filled with anxiety because I thought they would never come back, I thought they would die on that trip. I was a weird kid. lol

@gemwolf110 Thank you! Congrats on potentially selling your couch and wedding dress! That's good that the pup is doing well...2 more weeks isn't too bad.

@its_cleo Hello! Congrats on the loss, that's great that you lost anything. When I'm sick, I usually gain. No, unfortunately, it's not unusual. I've dealt with anxiety all my life, it's been my constant companion. :( It comes and goes, I also have medication for it. I did take some that day that it was really bad and it helped. Thanks for asking. I hope you have fun with your uncle at brunch.

@theslightedgeforever Unfortunately I'm not pretracking every day. :( Not pretracking figures pretty darned high. I'd say 70%.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

I did do another post whilst I was away – but it seems to have gone into the ethernet somewhere. Well I am back now, having a relaxing day before heading off to work tomorrow.

@theslightedgeforever – I went over calories from the steak meal onwards, but tracked every single bite so that earnt me a small sticker on both days I am hoping that as it Day 10 today and I do WI that I have not gained as I worked so hard before then. Well done on going straight back to a big sticker day.

@cbabie – so proud of you for the no sugar streak – they say that is the hardest food thing to break.

@trooworld – I declutter all the time. My rule is if it has not been touched in 12 months, it gets hidden. After another 6 months, I toss it secretly. I think I got that from my mum.. How are you now after your anxiety attack? Do you know what at work caused it?? (politics, atmosphere, workload). Wow – square feet, I had to google to get a comparison that as we are in metres here.

@stormysmom – Hi there- welcome. The reason that that you were close to your points in WW is because they have so many free foods and everything else they tend to load up on points so it balance sit out. Her on MFP, they do not fiddle with anything and you actually see what the energy value of what you are eating as opposed to someone else’s formula. Hope that helps.

@teresaW2010 - Pizza (Grrrr - kryptonite) Perhaps you could have a meal beforehand and have just one slice of pizza, or go back to the first 10 pages of the 10 page and read the section on that particular topic Congrasts on the no sweetener – how long did it take before the coffee tasted just right again?

@gemwolf110 – why are you selling your wedding dress when you still getting married, I know you postposed the wedding date. Hope the 2 weks for the puppy flies by

Day 10
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Too bad on the couch. God willing another buyer will show up. Sorry on the wedding dress.

@TrishasTime That’s good that you tracked all your food despite going over. How was the Day 10 weigh in. Monday will be my D-Day. I’m still up as of today. I suppose this means my plan needs tweaking. I haven’t decided what yet. Less carbs, more veggies, more intense exercise. Lots to choose from. I know it will be a small change though. Those seem to work out better for me.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I understand completely about the anxiety attacks. I suffer myself sometimes. The older I get the more they appear. We all have our weird childhood memories. So back to the tracking. What would make pre-tracking easier for you to get that number to 60%? I know you don’t like the same meal more than once so that makes things just a bit tougher. Still doable though. Choose your hard. But what about breakfasts and lunches. Even if you had different meals during the week you could still use the “Copy to” function on the diary and whatever you ate last Monday for breakfast you are eating this Monday. You just copy it over in one click. Takes no time at all. Do the same with lunch. It takes away the frustration of what sounds good to eat. If it’s a healthy choice, then you’ve just made making a healthy choice easier the second time. Healthy choices=weight loss and good health. I had a pizza meal the other day. I usually take one slice and cut it into 2 pieces. Then put fruit or something else on my plate. This time I ate straight out of the box 3 pieces. Still stayed within calories but it did not help my weight loss this week. I can’t even tell you why I strayed from my normal routine.

@TeresaW1020 obviously I didn’t say no to the pizza either. Which I wouldn’t anyway but I could have made a better choice in habits. My old habit popped up. Evidently the correct pizza habit is not on auto pilot yet. I’ll get there. Let’s talk about weekly WW points. Yes they are there for you but your body may not process all of them into weight loss. Watching other WW members I’ve learned that everyone has their special number for weekly points. Some may not need any depending on how much is eaten everyday. You can still eat a lot of calories in zero point foods. That’s why it’s good you’re tracking calories also. You’ll figure out your formula.
  • trooworld
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @TrishasTime That's a good rule about decluttering. I am better. I hope this next week is better. Nothing major caused the anxiety attack, just a lot of little things: workload, boss was micromanaging me because I get in too early, officemate is trying to control me (she pushes things on me all the time: she tried to force me to borrow an audiobook of hers), I accidentally deleted a file that multiple people use off the network and couldn't get it back for about 20 minutes but then I was able to...maybe more but those are the big standouts. Yeah our apartment is tiny and if I told you how much we paid you wouldn't be very impressed--- rents in SoCal are very, very high and only getting higher!

@theslightedgeforever I'm sorry to hear you struggle with anxiety too. Even breakfasts are different but I do repeat breakfasts every couple of months. That makes it easier because I don't have to create the recipe (I have to import a recipe every time I track the meal the first time). Lunch is always leftovers from the night before so it's easy. I just need to do it. I like the way you do pizza. I might try to do that the next time.

Hi all. I made chicken mole last night and it turned out really well. It was NOT healthy, but it was certainly lighter than if I had ordered it at a restaurant. I had a reasonable portion of it + about 1/4 cup of homemade refried beans, I will include a picture for you to drool over lol. I am glad to say I have pretracked my food for the day all but breakfast. I don't know what I am having yet, but I will track it when I decide.

EMPOWERED.

pz07ieoadv2f.jpg
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @trooworld that sucks about the anxiety. I am usually fine at work, but when I come home it hits me. I last job- I liked it, I was a manager and on track to be promoted to director, but it was high stress, and on top of my usual anxiety it was killing me. I finally decided to take my current job, which is like more of a consulting role. The salary was a bit less, and it is boring, but my anxiety is at a more manageable level.

That looks like a great dinner!

I'm trying to declutter too, I just am very slow at it. I have a few things I will put on kijiji in the spring. Curtains, a window air conditioner.

@TrishasTime that's a good declutter rule! I don't think I could do it though, lol. Maybe if I don't touch something for 3-5 years I get rid of it. But I only keep stuff I have paid for, so I don't hoard things.

@theslightedgeforever good luck on Monday. I do think small changes are best. Sometimes I do weekly goals and that helps- sometimes!

I had brunch with my uncle and it was a big meal, so I am overstuffed lol. But because it's occasional I do it. I finally bought my own scale, but I haven't tried it. I expect there will be a difference in my scale versus the gym one. But I will use my own for regular weigh ins from now on.

My goals this week- get back to exercising- gym x 3, and then some cardio, not sure what yet. Stay within points.

Have a good week everyone.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    Congrats on the sale! Good luck with the rest of your stuff.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @gemwolf. I hope you make lots of money off the stuff you are selling. Kayaking is fun but kills my arms. Did you get in any exercise today?

@trooworld yaaay for pretracking. I assume dinner has the most calories so that should always go in first followed by next biggest meal. I like a bigger breakfast but smaller lunch. What do you like? Your dinner really looked good.

@its_cleo your weekly goals sound like good ones. Now time to execute. Sometimes boredom is a good exchange for piece of mind.

I stayed within food boundaries. I was really low on calories today because I’m trying to have a good weigh in tomorrow. Granny Flo came to visit me today so I’m hoping that’s part of my weight gain this week. Exercise was 55 min walking. Did not meet my water goal. Journal done. Little sticker day.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

It is late in the afternoon here, the day slipped away from me.

@gemwolf110 – Did you end up selling the dress? Are you selling everything to buy something else or is it just a declutter?

@theslightedgeforever - The WI day was a loss 1.1 pounds – could have been more if I was more diligent. Do you think that our bodies get used to a certain energy intake and we will continually have to shake it up. Hope all goes well with you

@trooworld – On the pre-tracking bandwagon. This week (like you) I planned my meals and as I determined what they were, I added them instantly to MFP> I have all my meals loaded and they are all different every day. It took about 30 min of my time, the bulk load receipt is fantastic. > I am looking at rents in Santee California around the same size as yours $1475 pm (which is 2092 AUD). I look ed ours for the same range $1638 and those apartments are in the centre of Perth and furnished with a communal gym and pool . Here is the link. Your dinner looks lovely

https://www.domain.com.au/804-237-adelaide-terrace-perth-wa-6000-12800664

its_cleo. A way to check on the 2 scales is to weigh yourself at home and then immediately go the gym and weigh yourself there (or vice versa) – then you know what the difference is if you forget and have to use the Gym one.

Back to work after 10 peaceful days – walked into where 4 people were off and so everyone wanted something done and who did they come to?

Off to make dinner

Take care

Trish
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :)

@trooworld, how are you feeling? Did your get the decluttering done in our apartment? Before we got our house, we had moved into a very small one bedroom apartment that was about 600 sq. feet, so I know how fast it can get out of control. My house is only 1500 sq. feet but it felt like a mansion when we moved into it. I know you are looking forward to the day you move into your house, but be warned that with more space come more stuff so I still have to continually declutter. :D That chicken mole looked GOOD!!!

@Trishastime, I should have read that page because I ended up with two slices of pizza and a slice of cheesecake! That’s what I get for going to the luncheon so hungry. It didn’t take long at all for me to like my coffee without sweetener, which really surprised me. The next hurdle is to give up the cream. Hubby bought a lighter roast of coffee so I’m waiting for him to open it and then I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and learn to love it. :#

@theslightedgeforever, I’m working on figuring out my formula for sure! Since starting IF, I eat much fewer weeklies than I used to. Right now I’m mostly concentrating on counting calories. I’m trying to find that sweet spot that will let me eat enough food but also let me lose more weight. ;)

So, like I wrote above, I ate two much pizza and a piece of cheesecake yesterday at the luncheon for our nursery workers. I hadn't had that many simple carbs in over two weeks and I felt like crap the rest of the day. Back to my IF this morning and hoping that I can get the pound off that I gained over night off before weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure it's mostly sodium weight. :/ I did do some decluttering of my own yesterday and cleaned out my refrigerator and food shelves. Now it's clean, organized and the expired stuff is in the trash.

Off to work! Have a great day! <3
  • trooworld
    Options
    @its_cleo Maybe it's the build-up of the day that it hits you when you get home? I'm glad you found a job that allows you to manage your anxiety. My job isn't normally a stressful job, but sometimes it can be due to the people. Thanks, dinner was great! Decluttering...I managed to do one dresser drawer lol. I guess that is better than nothing! That's good you bought your own scale so you can weigh yourself. You have good goals this week, good luck!

@theslightedgeforever Lunch is always leftovers from dinner so it doesn't matter what I like. :) (It's a matter of convenience) I didn't have mole for lunch yesterday, I had a homemade chorizo burrito my husband made for breakfast which was filling enough to hold me until dinner. ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for weigh in tomorrow!

@TrishasTime Congrats on the loss! Santee is a cheaper area of east county San Diego, I live in North Park which is a more expensive area of the central city, this is the area I live in: https://www.apartments.com/north-park-san-diego-ca/1-bedrooms-1-bathrooms/ I don't think I understand what you are saying, is the apartment $1475 US? and in Australia, it is $1638? Dinner was really good. I'm glad you had 10 peaceful days off, that is really nice.

The time just changed here in CA (Daylight Savings Time began). I hate it. We lost an hour. I don't know why we have to do it. It's stupid. It makes you tired. I didn't sleep well. Now, I'm going to be cranky at work.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone 

@TeresaW2010 – I find the same when I do a carb load after eating simply, I actually feel like I have a hangover – sluggish, headachy – so I feel for you.

@trooworld – Fingers crossed for you for WI  1475 US is equal to 20?? AUD. The apartment that I linked you to is 1638 AUD with the common facilities of the gym and pool in the centre of city. Rents only get lower as you go out. I will check the link when I get home tonight as I am barred at work .

@gemwolf – love your thinking, I hate clutter around me.

@thelsightedgeforever – how did your WI go?

Hello to @cbabie – hope the no sugar is still going okay

Day 12