NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo I love Leslie Sansone videos too. The I don’t have time to exercise excuse just doesn’t fly with access to her on YouTube. Which soaps are you watching?

@trooworld I’ll come for dinner when you make chicken shawarmas lol. I’m glad you got your rest and now you can hit this next week hard so you can lose some weight.

@TrishasTime That’s good you thought up an alternative for comfort food. That was one of the exercises in the 100 day journal recently.

Stayed within food boundaries. My knee is better and I was able to walk for 55 min. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Still no sugar, well except we had a women’s prayer breakfast and after it was all over I was so hungry, I popped a mini muffin in my mouth before I even thought about it...but still no ice cream etc....

@theslightedgeforever sorry about your knee.....I can see you and DH when you fell..made ma laugh, sorry!! I never thought of SF ice cream....better still to stay away

@TrishasTime congrats on your day 3, good job on the pizza. Yes I probably do more walking than I think I am getting with Rehmiyah.

@trooworld glad you enjoyed your walk.. your menus sounds yummy

@its_cleo I should be doing more Leslie videos...they are good.

Cbabie

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@theslightedgeforever, So sorry you hurt your knee but glad to read that it’s better and you were able to do your workout. My knee started acting up yesterday on the treadmill and I had to stop working out. So annoying!! I suppose I was queen for the day because I did exactly what I wanted to do. I cleaned house, worked on church stuff, cooked a very tasty dinner, and watched my favorite shows on TV while finishing a bottle of red and eating dark chocolate. 😊 I am working on the boundaries for when I eat. Right now I’m still tracking points and calories and tweaking as I go. I do have a plan to reach that 1 lb. goal in 10 days and will talk about it below.

@its_cleo, what soaps do you watch? I love them!! The only one I still watch is General Hospital. I record and watch while working out. Glad to hear that your cold is getting better. :)

@TrishasTime, how much longer will you have to put up with the heat? I’m so ready for spring but that means summer will be here before we know it. Georgia gets very hot and humid. I always complain that that fall and spring never last long enough and we are always dealing with the extremes of weather. I used to do Leslie Sansone videos. She will give you a great workout! ;)

@cbabie, isn’t it crazy how fast we can pop something in our mouth before we realize it? Great job on staying away from ice cream. I can’t allow it to be anywhere around me or I will eat it! :#

Well, it’s Monday and my weight is up a little after my overindulging at the movie and on my birthday. I gotta be on point today if I have any hope of losing for tomorrow. I've been thinking and praying about Lent and what I can do. I always just thought of it as a Catholic thing and never gave it any thought but I've since changed my mind and I'm really wanting to do something sacrificial that will honor my God and set me free from a real struggle. You all know that my tendency to binge eat on things I'm not supposed to have has been a thorn in my side!! So, for Lent (and I'm starting today) is to track every single morning my entire day and to NOT go off the plan. That means no sneaking food that isn't tracked. I am going to also do some scripture reading that I've been wanting to do and keep putting off because I spend to much time on social media. I need a little fasting and obedience in many areas of my life. :)

Right now I have to get to work so I will talk to you girls later!! <3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime I find them online and I have a subscription to America's Test Kitchen's website, which gives me access to ATK, Cook's Country and Cook's Illustrated which are all pay sites by ATK. I kind of hoard recipes. ;) I have over 5,000 of them. If I had room in my apartment, I'd have a marvelous collection of cookbooks, but I have a small apartment so no cookbooks. I hope you get your shopping done and can enjoy the holiday.

@theslightedgeforever Yum, right? I just need to make some hummus to go with it. I'm glad your knee is better and you were able to walk. I went for a walk, too, with my friend.

@cbabie No sugar/no ice cream is great. You are doing great!

@TeresaW1020 watching tv, drinking wine and eating chocolate sounds marvelous. :) I'm ready for spring and summer too...it's been raining a lot here in SoCal and cold too. Sounds like you have a good plan for Lent.

Hi all. I lost 2.8 lbs this week, which makes me happy. What doesn't make me happy is that I see that all my weight history before February 4th of this year is erased from my FitBit scale. :( I'll have to find out what is going on with that. Anyway, have a great day.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever – So glad you knee is okay and you were able to keep on your plan.

@cbabie – We are all going to do something without thinking, but you stopped when you realised what you done. That is a definite shift of behaviour too – good for you

@TeresaW2010 – What a wonderful lent idea 😊. Win both ways. At the schools they ask the kids to give up something and GD always chose some sort of food that she loved. When she was young, she told me she was going to give up her chores for lent ..mmm..

@trooworld – Congrats on the loss (doing a happy dance for you). What changes did you make to get the result you wanted. Is a fitbit scale like a WW scale where they sync to one another?

Yesterday reached 41C and today is only forecast for 38C – 38C is still above the 100 degree F. It is hot and sticky – we had to run out air conditioner overnight and I am about to go and wash sheets as they are damp with sweat. I did the Leslie Sansone video for 1.5 miles yesterday and reached well over my 10K step goal – so it was a big sticker day for me. I was surprised at my feelings when I put the sticker on – it was like when I was back when I was at school and got an award. The weather will be like this for at least another 6 weeks (sigh)

Day 5

Trish
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Soaps- I've been watching General Hospital, but old clips from the 80s. I don't really like the current version. I also watch Santa Barbara, which only ran 5 yrs. And sometimes I watch old clips from Guiding Light. I find soaps very relaxing, when I'm sick or stressed, and there's a million clips on Youtube.

My cold is getting better. Today I did two 15-20 minute walks, so I'm starting to get my energy back. Trying tomorrow to get back on to the reduced calories.

@TrishasTime that weather sounds awful. Is it normal for it to be that hot? We usually hit 30c here, and if it goes above that I find it pretty rough.

@trooworld I always find it hard to find good recipes. I'm constantly bored and looking for things. I was going to take a cooking class this winter but the location didn't work for me. I might try again another time. I make meals on the weekends too, I just usually freeze some and can then pull it out for a given day. Thanks for sharing yours, they always sound good.

@teresaw2010 that sounds like a good plan for Lent. Yeah I like GH too. I don't like the current day version. I like to pretend all the Quartermaine's are still alive and Luke never married Tracey. I've been watching clips all the way from 1970s, I'm watching 1981 now.

@theslightedgeforever how's your knee?

@cbabie there should be a rule if it's eaten in 5 seconds it doesn't count :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie. Personally I wouldn’t count a muffin as sugar. Unless it was a choc one

@TeresaW1020 Tracking is so important I think. Better is tracking as you eat. Not waiting til the end of the day and realize you’ve gone over. Even better than that is pretracking your day. Choose your foods in advance. Know about how many calories you want to eat for meals and snacks. For some reason I’m not eating in between meals anymore. I didn’t plan it that way it just sort of happened. Maybe when I quit trying to deny myself food I quit craving it. At some point I will answer the question Is this food good for me versus do I have the calories for it. But my numbers are going down both in sugar and weight so plan A is working right now.

@trooworld Woohoo on your WHOOSH. That’s something to celebrate.

@TrishasTime That’s great on your big sticker day. Aren’t they fun. While I dont want hot yucky summer to come I’d really appreciate spring. My asthma flares up in the cold and I’m so tired of it.

@its_cleo I used to be a soaps freak. I was an ABC gal. All my children, one life to live, and General Hospital. I don’t like the newer GH either. That’s good that your energy is coming back and you were able to exercise. Just little tweaks here and there.

I stayed within my food boundaries albeit a carb heavy day. 1/2 muffin, cheese bread, and pasta. Exercised for 46 min. Water goal met. Journal done. It was about removing triggers. Instead of trying to get more willpower to say no. Big sticker day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime I think I just ate healthier foods and less snacks and I tracked 1 1/2 out of the 7 days. The FitBit scale syncs to MFP and the FitBit app. I like it overall, but I've had it for about 4 years and it's starting to have problems because it is older. I know what you mean about the stickers--- you wouldn't expect that you would enjoy getting them so much, but they really are enjoyable. Congratulations on your big sticker!

@its_cleo I used to watch soaps with my mother after school. Young and the Restless was what she liked to watch. I am constantly trying new recipes, that's why I have so many. Maybe one recipe a week is a recipe we've had some time in the past, but usually, the rest are new ones. That's a good idea to freeze meals. I wish I had room in the freezer to do that. I hope when we move next to have room to do that.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! I'm also tired of the cold. It's been cold and rainy a lot lately in SoCal, which is unusual for us. I'm ready for spring. Congrats on your big sticker. :D

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning!

@trooworld, Yayyyyy for the 2.8 lb weight loss!! That is fantastic! B)

@TrishasTime, giving up chores for Lent is my kind of sacrifice!! :D:D:D Yayyyy for bigger sticker day!! B)

@its_cleo, I always like when there are holidays and GH will play a "blast from the past" episode. You just don't realize how much these people age when you watch them every day. I miss writing of the earlier years. It's so stupid right now!! :s

@theslightedgeforever, as usual, your post to me is dead on right! My commitment is to pre-track my day or at the very least track as I go and not wait until afterward. I did that yesterday and my calories were the best they have been in a long time. I think giving up the snacks between meals is so important too. My husband has decided to give up his precious peanuts for Lent and was telling me that he needed something. I told him that he doesn't need to snack. It's become a habit and he can quit. He is going to give that some thought. :D

The sun is shining but it's cold here too! Sooooo ready for warmer weather. I have a ton to do today. Gotta go weigh in and face the music. I'm up at least one pound. Happy birthday to me!! :p I was perfectly on plan yesterday and plan to stay that way. I'm giving a baby shower April 6th for a sweet friend who is having a girl. Yayy!! My church has had 8 boys in three years and there is another boy on the way. So, this girl is going to get spoiled. I'm going to Hobby Lobby to get some decorations and invite cards. Then I have to go to Sams for supplies for a church BBQ we are having tomorrow night. Then study for Bible study and go to Bible study. I watched this video on block scheduling and think I might need to try that. There are just not enough hours in my day lately! :)

idfimcyyygr5.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie can’t check in today but she’s thinking of us. She’s doing well in her no sugar program and is working towards making it a habit.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

@its_cleo – Yes the weather is like that from end of January to end of April. Today however we are set for rain and the temperature is much lower. SO glad you are starting to feel better.

@theslightedgeforever – Yes I agree – preplanning and putting in the diary the night before, tells you how much freedom you have, this allows me to make more sensible choices.

@trooworld - Are you moving soon? I know you were saving up for your own home. Tracking 1.5 days is good – how is your tacking this week?

@TeresaW2010 – Your WI is just a line in the sand for you to step over. Tracking as you go seems to work for you too. It is good you are throwing the baby shower, then you can put some healthy foods on or pre-track hat you are going to eat, so yo know you can remain in your calorie limit.

@cbabie – Glad the sugar thing is still happening. Ilove your GGD name 😊 So unusual here in Aus.

Well today we are taking our caravan 4 hours south, so one of our dogs can compete in a sheep trial as part of a 2 day festival.. The other dog and I will be queens of the caravan. I have already google map the town where we are staying and found some stairs. I imagine I will be walking a lot ( I will be conscious of my goal each day). Today, I acknowledge that it will be hard as we travel for the 4 hours south. Here is a link to where we are going

http://www.woolorama.com.au/

Day 6
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @trooworld so there’s your formula. Healthier food and less snacks. When I was a teenager I would talk about my soaps with my Granny. She called them her stories. Never visit when her stories are on. My mom thought they were a waste a time. Lol. She would rather be in her sewing room.

@TeresaW1020 Snacking. There’s two kinds of experts out there. One group who says we must eat every 2-3 hours to keep your blood sugars stable. Keep the metabolism fires burning. Then the other group says don’t eat between meals and now intermittent fasting is all the rage if you aren’t doing keto. I always struggled with who was right. Then I learned I’m right. Whatever I do that works is right. I used to always figure in an afternoon snack and a 7 pm snack into my calories. But now I’m not having either. Although the calories are the same. Snacking was never my problem as was the meals. It’s about portion sizes for me now. I’m learning to get by on less. I think it’s a mindshift. I can only eat half this muffin (feeling deprived) versus I choose to eat 1/2 this muffin because I’ll get something else yummy later and I like feeling successful everyday. Loved the cartoon

@Trishastime That festival sounds fun. I went on YouTube and saw a video. It was from 2012. I did learn I was pronouncing Wagin wrong. Lol. Lots of exercise you’ll get Any day you get to be queen 👸 is a good day. What’s your food plan? I did see they try to promote healthy food choices there. Not like at American fairs and festivals. Everything is usually fried. They even have fried beer and fried butter. I see you are up to Day 6. Good for you.

Stayed within food boundaries. Exercised 73 min. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! Pre-tracking is the way to go...that's how I do it, too. If I don't pre-track, I usually don't end up tracking at all. :( That is nice that your hubby gave up his peanuts for Lent! ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for weigh in! That's a funny cartoon. :)

@cbabie Hello! Thinking of you, too.

@TrishasTime We plan on buying a condo by July. Tracking this week so far: 1 out of 3 days, but I will track today. It looks like there is a lot going on at that event you are going to. Thanks for sharing the link. That's good you will get some steps in while you are there.

@theslightedgeforever Haha that is cute about your grandma. My grandma couldn't be bothered when she was watching her "wrastling" (professional wrestling). Hulk Hogan was her favorite. She could tell you all about the wrestlers, and wrestling is kind of like a soap opera, too...lots of drama lol. I miss my grandma, she was a fun, funny old gal. My mom loved soaps.

Hello all. I had a bad day yesterday, was a grumpy pants at work (luckily to nobody, just internally) and came home with a headache. This morning, I still have that headache. I hope it goes away before work but I don't have high hopes.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Quick check in...battery at 8% and I think my GD has my charger....still no sugar, but eating is up...So now to find balance...

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TrishasTime, I hope you have a wonderful time! It looks like lots of fun. I went to a rodeo once and loved it. Good for you for finding some stairs to climb. :)

@theslightedgeforever, Yes the best plan that will work has to be the one that we create so that it will suit our lives and be sustainable for the long haul. I also have an issue with portion control and have been working on it. Even though I cook healthy I will still roast enough veggies to feed an army. :D

@trooworld, awe that sucks that you got a headache. That would make me grumpy too. I hope you are doing better today. <3

@cbabie, So you are doing great at having no sugar and now you can find balance in other parts of your diet. You are doing so great! :)

@gemwolf, so what have you decided to give up? Icecream will help your waistline and decluttering will help your sanity. I'm ready to do some spring decluttering myself. B)

I gained .8 at WW this yesterday and of course, I was down almost 2 lbs this morning. It always goes that way with me!! :# I've managed to hurt my knee again and have been grounded from workouts from my "medical advisor" hubby. He actually threated a real doctor!! :o So, I've spent the day at my computer doing church work and alternating ice and heat. Praying it gets better soon so I can resume my working out. We have a big church event tonight with our kids that will include yummy BBQ and cookies. As I said I would do for Lent, I have pre-tracked every bite I will have and I won't have one morsel more. I'm the event photographer so I luckily I will be busy and not just sitting and watching. :)
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

@theslightedge - we have our own caravan, so I have brought everything I want to eat. I prepacked my lunch for when we had a break . The group went to the pub last night and I had steak and salad - so though unexpected I made wise choices. The caravan has everything stove, microwave, fridge, freezer,washing machine etc, so it is like a little home except my dishwasher.
    Glad you are going great guns

@trooworld - a condo - how exciting :) I look forward to seeing pics when you get it. Will you move closer to your work? Hope your headache has disapated.

@cbabie - hi there - hope you find a charger soon.

@gemwolf110 - I always like decluttering. My view of the world is if it is not used in 12 months, it gets moved for another 6 months - after that it goes to charity / bin.

@teresaw2010 - how did you hurt your knee? What food plans do you have in mind as you probably not as active whilst your knee is injured.

Hello to its_cleo and @prisoner2food.

It is wet where we are so DH left out my Wellington boots for me. Mi figured if I have to wear Wellington boots, they might as well make a statement - so for your entertainment

vo59c1f9ip26.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @TrishasTime ok so I figured out a caravan is an RV in America. When you first mentioned caravan I was thinking you and a bunch of other vehicles were all traveling together in a group. My husbands dream is to own an RV and travel around the states when he is retired. Mine, not so much. I hate road trips but I told him you do all the driving I’ll be in the back reading my Kindle. Tell me when we get there. That’s great that you prepared your own food and then you did well with the steak and salad. I love your Wellingtons.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld what would make your tracking easier? Because if it was easier then you would do it more often. Congrats on the condo. Your grandma sounded fun

@gemwolf110 Decluttering is something that’s always on my list but yet I never get around to it. How is your furbaby? Are you back to regular exercise?

@cbabie the good news is that the no sugar thing is becoming a habit. Now to just add a new mini habit. Take smaller portions or whatever will help your eating to fall in line.

@TeresaW1020 I love rodeos too. So I’ve figured out a solution to your weigh in problem. Go to your meeting a day later 😜 sorry about your knee. I hate when things pop up to interrupt my exercise routine

I went over calories today. I was just noticing yesterday that I’ve had my longest streak ever on staying within calories. Two major mistakes. I went to a friends for brunch. Underestimated the calories in the quiche and cupcake. It was a small cupcake. Anyhoo...second mistake was I should have inputted right after I was done but was busy talking to her and the day took off from there. So I really thought I had enough calories left when I measured out 1 cup of spaghetti, 1 Airfried chicken nugget, 1 grape leaf. Nope. As I was finishing eating I thought maybe I could have another chicken nugget. Tracked my food and 🤬. Third mistake of the day saying to myself I’ve already gone over calories so Why not eat 1 more nugget. Then 1 more grape leaf Then I said Stop this is not helping. Exercise rest day but walked 32 minutes to get in my step goal. Water goal met. Journal done Little sticker day 👎🏻
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Hi! Have you been watching that Marie Kondo show on Netflix? :) I have been and it has been inspiring me...I want to declutter my house!!!

@cbabie Hello...good job staying strong against sugar. I know you will find your balance.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Actually the day I was grumpy I didn't have a headache lol. Yesterday, when the headache started, I was in a pretty good mood. Go figure! My head still hurts though. I'm glad you lost the .8 you gained but sorry your 2 lbs didn't show at the scale...that stinks! And what a bummer about your knee. Have fun at the church event!

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I still have been doing good saying no to sweets,etc. but noenInhabe to hit the carb button...my clothes are becoming snug,,LOL

@gemwolf110 Your dogs keep you busy..lol. I hope you get all you want don’t whikenyou are off, but also some relax is good.

@TrishasTime love the picture of the boots!!! I hope you enjoy your caravan time and just laugh a lot!

@theslightedgeforever Ok we could put my DH and your DH in the driver seat and we could enjoy some sis time with outer kindles....yea like I would ever leave home. LOL

@trooworld I hope you get rid of those headaches!!!

@TeresaW1020 oh my more knee trouble....knees are such tricky things...well listen to DH and get it well and let me know how the Children’s thing went. I am getting ready to promote our camp to the parents this week...we are changing what we have ALWAYS done..lol

Cbabie