WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: I am delighted that you made it to here. I’ve been missing you. :star:

Heather: I haven’t seen any of my friends in a long time. We’ve been sequestered at home, other than grocery shopping. In the summer we were able to visit with neighbors outside on our deck, but not recently. :ohwell:

Barbara: I hope your salted caramel fudge was not “fishy.” I haven’t seen or heard of AKC TV. We see dog shows via our satellite TV provider. We live out of range of he on the air channels in Portland. I’d love to see the dogs. Our old dog had cancer surgery a few months ago and is now doing spectacularly well. :bigsmile: Schooner is a Keeshond and I’ve never seen one in the winner’s circle at an AKC show. :grumble:

Allie: Good news that you get to go home!!!! Three cheers!!! DH uses walkers everywhere. They are a blessing for him and will be for you while you recover. I hope your sister-in-law gets in touch soon. :heart:

Karen in VA: Thank you so much for Ode to Joy! I needed that this morning. :heart:

We have dark cloudy skies and a wet deck outside this morning. I have a bit of Christmas decorating to do. I plan to start transitioning our living tree to indoors. It will be in the garage for a day or so before we bring it into the house and decorate it.

The Annual Christmas Ships Parade is scheduled to visit our town tomorrow. I look forward to it. Boat owners put wonderful light displays on their boats and give everyone a great show. They typically parade in Portland nightly and visit here once a year. The city hosts a meal for them in ordinary years. I’m not sure whether that part of the tradition can be kept this time, but I hope so. Weather today is not encouraging. We will have a good view of the parade from our windows. We usually invite guests for dinner on Christmas Ships night, but not this year. :grumble: :ohwell:

Katla in Rainy NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    DrKatie I don't see a link.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Just checking in! Found out I have to wait until Monday for result from labs. Meanwhile still sick.

Laters Ladies

RvRita
  • Katla49
    Options
    (((Rita))) I hope you feel better soon, and the lab information is good news. 😘
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie- Found it! :D<3 Lovely to see and hear you! I had no idea you are such a southern gal. Where are you from? <3
    Did you know that it is a family tradition that one of our ancestors is a Wesley?! Must be Charles, I guess. Yesterday's In Our Time on BBC Radio 4 was about John.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Barbara... I want to be at your house when those adult confections come out of the oven... and I would happily be your taster. Caramel is my soft spot, otherwise I can leave sweets alone.

Katla... such a nice idea to think of traveling to see the family with the RV. I think the vaccine is giving hope for so many of us.

Allie... you're in my thoughts and prayers... good luck with a healthy eating plan. My husband has severe heart failure and really hasn't changed his diet significantly. I tried nagging but that made both of us miserable and it didn't change his eating habits. Wishing you well.

No luck on the kitchen range hunt yet. I have to make the opening for the stove a full 30" and then look again. The old stove was only 29 inches and the counter is tile... Yikes. Will be my weekend project.

Betsy in NW WA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Well i am here but Jean picking me up at 4 pm.. and i will be staying with them for at least a few days...
    And then home...
    I have to be very careful and stay on all meds and totally change my diet..
    My life literally depends on it..
    So onto the next and circle 4

I am happy you are being released. What kind of changes to your diet are they asking you to make?

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    stopping in quick before I hit the road- heading to my parents for the next few days of candy/treat making. Wasn't feeling good yesterday but some what better today- having my tea and see how I feel- just a stomach thing(I get it often, ginger helps a lot)
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will check back in when I get home Monday.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Betsy- i to have severe heart failure and am starting the evaluation for heart and kidney transplant..
    So tons of fruits and veggies no vitamin k ,but lean meats ,nothing artificial no sugars etc....
    I until they so will be wearing a defibrillator vest skin to skin only time ,heart dr was just here and he will keep me trucking..so all in all
    Im coming out of the light as Gloria Estefan says
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    We love you Allie! <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Karen: Thank you for the flashhmob music. We all need Ode to Joy. It is a favorite of mine. :star:

Allie: Time with Jean & her family is a nice transition on your way home. You won’t be left alone until you are ready. It is great that you have confidence in your heart doctor. :flowerforyou:

Betsy in WA: DH has some advice to share with you. He suggests that you ask the business you’re buying the stove from for recommendations for a reliable handy man to do the installation. Perhaps you already have that set up. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. :smiley:

Flea: We have been following the vaccine plans from Kate Brown, and they seem sensible to me. Medical people and first responders are first, elderly and high risk next, and then others. It appears to be instated over time. So far, I haven’t seen anything newer than that. DH & I are likely to be in the second group. Plans have a way of being changed when new information arrives, so I could be wrong about some of the details. What I read was a two-stage vaccine inoculation. You get the first and a few weeks later get a second. When? Not sure. I think it may start by mid-January. :star:

DH & I are planning an RV road trip across the country some time next year. We hope to take the dog and ourselves to see our adult kids and grandchildren after we’ve been vaccinated against the Covid Virus. I am hoping this can come true.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Keeping your heart with mine, Allie. Thinking about you.
  • Katla49
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Flea: I guess I'm past some levels of pride and don't really mind being referred to as elderly. I'm grateful to be able to go for vaccinations with DH who is at high risk. We're both over seventy. :ohwell: The planned road trip in our RV will be the biggest/longest for both of us. I hope we will be up to it next spring. :star:
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Flea: I guess I'm past some levels of pride and don't really mind being referred to as elderly. I'm grateful to be able to go for vaccinations with DH who is at high risk. We're both over seventy. :ohwell: The planned road trip in our RV will be the biggest/longest for both of us. I hope we will be up to it next spring. :star:

Agreed! I am hopeful my mother will be on a list somehow. She just turned 80, but I don't know if she would be considered high risk or not; I mean, by age, yes, but she doesn't really have any other documented issues.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family and to store- 1hr 28min 29sec, 3.0ap, 78ahr, 102mhr, 4.78mi= 480c
    Strava app = 579c
    Zwift bike trainer- 41.18min, 21.9amph, 394elev, 138ahr, 161mhr, 15.07mi= 426c
    Strava app = 432c

Total cal 906
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Had made dog treats to take to the owners of dogs that meet up every day at the park that we’ve gotten to know. 10 little packets