What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    My 3pm latte-ish drink. A shot of espresso, a cup of almond or moo milk heated up and frothed and 2tbsp of Skinny Syrup. I'm currently enjoyed a gingerbread one but am trying salted caramel for the first time today (very yummy). It takes the edge off hunger and satisfies my sweet tooth for about 40 cals. Plus it's really delicious.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I am on a pickle kick...
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited December 2020
    1i6s5t5105fr.jpg Frozen yogurt 'bites' to go on top.
    Not that I'm 'obsessed'...but have been making these a few times per week. Whole pan for 40 calories too...(Marshmallows) y85zc24lwcsa.jpg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    edited December 2020
    Whole pan of which for forty calories and share the recipe!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
    Yasso greek yogurt bars
  • pancakerunner
    8tqd9d9a76xd.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited December 2020

This makes one 8x8 inch pan for 40 calories - (I put it in a 9 X11 pan in picture) i like to make a few & snack on them throughout the day.

-measure 1/2 cup cold water & place in a mixing bowl

-evenly sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over water (wait a few mins for it to bloom, then mix it up)

-in the meantime, boil 1/2 cup of water, 1-2 teaspoons of cake batter or vanilla extract if you have, and sweetener of choice.
    -Once the water is bubbling, immediately pour into the mixing bowl over the gelatin, and start mixing with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for about 10-12 minutes. (add food coloring to make them pretty 😋)

-You could use cocoa powder too for a chocolate one

-Immediately transfer to an 8x8 in pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal

-Store it in the fridge for about 2 hours or until set - You might wish to cover them in fridge, but I actually like how they become 'dense'

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    PGKY wrote: »
    Chocolate covered coffee beans, I've only just tried them for the first time but I can see an obsession forming quickly. Maybe I'll try to make my own. These have milk chocolate, but I'd rather have dark.

When I lived in Utah, there was a coffee shop up the street that would give you one of these with your drink by default. LOVE chocolate coffee beans!
  • pancakerunner
    PGKY wrote: »
    Chocolate covered coffee beans, I've only just tried them for the first time but I can see an obsession forming quickly. Maybe I'll try to make my own. These have milk chocolate, but I'd rather have dark.

When I lived in Utah, there was a coffee shop up the street that would give you one of these with your drink by default. LOVE chocolate coffee beans!

I don't like chocolate covered beans... but there is a place that makes dark chocolate bark with sea salt and espresso beans that is so good!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

This makes one 8x8 inch pan for 40 calories - (I put it in a 9 X11 pan in picture) i like to make a few & snack on them throughout the day.

-evenly sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over water (wait a few mins for it to bloom, then mix it up)

-in the meantime, boil 1/2 cup of water, 1-2 teaspoons of cake batter or vanilla extract if you have, and sweetener of choice.
    -Once the water is bubbling, immediately pour into the mixing bowl over the gelatin, and start mixing with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for about 10-12 minutes. (add food coloring to make them pretty 😋)

-Immediately transfer to an 8x8 in pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal

-Store it in the fridge for about 2 hours or until set - You might wish to cover them in fridge, but I actually like how they become 'dense'

By cake batter do you mean just dry cake mix?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

By cake batter do you mean just dry cake mix?

No, I was meaning 'cake batter' flavored extract (which I don't have, so have used vanilla extract instead)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Alyssa's Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Bites, Buckwheat groats and hot chocolate made with cacao, protein powder and almond milk.

Those bites are sooo good! I get them when they are on sale at Whole Foods.

Try them with a smear of peanut butter😋
  • Our family is currently obsessed with Trader Joe’s bagels. They’re really good and have 9 grams of protein. We eat them for breakfast every day. Well, my husband and I don’t eat breakfast, so we eat them for lunch. I have mine with butter and peanut butter and feel full most of the day in a good way. Often, I don’t need a snack until supper. High carb is really the way to go for me. And I have lost 22lbs so far, and don’t feel deprived at all.
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Crumpets and peanut butter!
  • pancakerunner
    Crumpets and peanut butter!

Now I want an english muffin
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Banana bread😁
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    @gracegettingittogether TJs makes VERY good gluten free bagels, so I fully support this post lol! What you said about butter and peanut butter intrigues me. That honestly sounds delicious
  • pancakerunner
    Banana bread😁

I WANT
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    edited December 2020
    Nilla wafers
  • pancakerunner
    lx1x wrote: »
    Nilla wafers