Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Calling all runners...

fat_bearded_runnerfat_bearded_runner Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
For all runners. No matter what age, what level. Surround yourself here with other runners. Feel free to comment, introduce urself and add each other for endless inspiration. I'm new to running at 37 years old and I have no idea how this is going to pan out, but I have heard that runners are like one big family so lets support each other.
«13456710

Replies

  • KarenSmith2018KarenSmith2018 Member, Premium Posts: 287 Member Member, Premium Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome. Its been a journey but I'm totally in love!
  • fat_bearded_runnerfat_bearded_runner Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    Yiara, I think we're in the same club. I did feel a great sense of achievement though after my run today.
  • heytimslaheytimsla Member Posts: 378 Member Member Posts: 378 Member
  • fat_bearded_runnerfat_bearded_runner Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    Hey there ! :)
  • fat_bearded_runnerfat_bearded_runner Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    RunWithBees, hi there. I have just bought some new Karrimor trainers (for road/tarmac). I'd like to eventually do some full on trail running. What footwear do u use?
  • LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 3,150 Member Member Posts: 3,150 Member
    Runner here and I started a little later too, mid thirties! Running is my addiction. Feel free to add me!

    Adding: I ran my first Marathon this year, Austin Marathon in February, and I was training for 2021 until it was cancelled/date changed and downgraded to Half. I deferred it and now I'm looking forward to Texas Trail Running Festival Marathon 2021!
    edited December 2020
  • heytimslaheytimsla Member Posts: 378 Member Member Posts: 378 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Runner here and I started a little later too, mid thirties! Running is my addiction. Feel free to add me!

    Adding: I ran my first Marathon this year, Austin Marathon in February, and I was training for 2021 until it was cancelled/date changed and downgraded to Half. I deferred it and now I'm looking forward to Texas Trail Running Festival Marathon 2021!

    Don't forget about tejas trails they're still doing races too !
  • LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 3,150 Member Member Posts: 3,150 Member
    heytimsla wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Runner here and I started a little later too, mid thirties! Running is my addiction. Feel free to add me!

    Adding: I ran my first Marathon this year, Austin Marathon in February, and I was training for 2021 until it was cancelled/date changed and downgraded to Half. I deferred it and now I'm looking forward to Texas Trail Running Festival Marathon 2021!

    Don't forget about tejas trails they're still doing races too !

    Loving it, they are! They're running at least one every month. That's who's putting on the festival!

    I see that you're a trail runner!
    edited December 2020
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Member Posts: 188 Member Member Posts: 188 Member
    I like to think of myself as a runner - more thinking than doing a lot of the time though! When I get into it I love it, but I get out of the habit easily and then I have to start again, I must have done C25K at least 6 times.... I’m back at it again this year now the temperature has cooled down in South Florida.Hoping this will be the time it sticks!
  • yirarayirara Member Posts: 6,588 Member Member Posts: 6,588 Member
    Yiara, I think we're in the same club. I did feel a great sense of achievement though after my run today.

    Fantastic! Btw, I do love you username!

  • LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 3,150 Member Member Posts: 3,150 Member
    dewd2 wrote: »
    heytimsla wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Runner here and I started a little later too, mid thirties! Running is my addiction. Feel free to add me!

    Adding: I ran my first Marathon this year, Austin Marathon in February, and I was training for 2021 until it was cancelled/date changed and downgraded to Half. I deferred it and now I'm looking forward to Texas Trail Running Festival Marathon 2021!

    Don't forget about tejas trails they're still doing races too !

    I'll be running Bandera 100k on Jan 9th. I think there's still a few spots open :D

    One day I'll run it, that's a dream of mine...
Sign In or Register to comment.