What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    right now I am really liking whipped butter.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,309 Member

Try the one with honey..
  • pancakerunner
    lx1x wrote: »

Try the one with honey..

yes, also v good. and I like maple whipped!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Iron skillet cornbread with maple butter. (I should put that in the "if it didn't have cals" thread, mmm.)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Orange creamiscle bars. Fortunately, the brand I have is not crazy on the calorie side.
  • pancakerunner
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Iron skillet cornbread with maple butter. (I should put that in the "if it didn't have cals" thread, mmm.)

myfavorite!!!!!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    For some reason I am currently obsessed with Triscuits. With cheese, with chocolate, with butter, or just plain.
  • pancakerunner
    kimny72 wrote: »
    For some reason I am currently obsessed with Triscuits. With cheese, with chocolate, with butter, or just plain.

this reminds me... trsicuits + chive cream cheese
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

this reminds me... trsicuits + chive cream cheese

Yes, please.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Tis the season... Reese’s trees. My husband wants a mixing bowl-full for over Christmas :D
  • pancakerunner
    Tis the season... Reese’s trees. My husband wants a mixing bowl-full for over Christmas :D

dadvyudcay5k.png
    i love the snowbells!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

dadvyudcay5k.png
    i love the snowbells!

Yesss, I love the snowbells too! They are full of nostalgia for me.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,412 Member
    Well if you’re going there, Cadbury’s Christmas balls. Immediately followed after Xmas by the crispy eggs. That’s what got me here in the first place. A two bag a day habit for weeks and weeks upon months, sometimes three or four bags a day. I used to be so relieved after Easter when they’d finally disappear til the cycle started over again after Halloween. Won’t lie, I loved, adored, obsessed over them, hid them from family, salivated over if there’d be any half price bags after the holidays, connived where and when to buy them without embarrassing myself in front of cashiers.

I promised myself both last year and this that I’d get a bag and blow the calories for a day, but I can’t bring myself to do it. At 200 calories for 16 pieces I can find a lot more filling stuff to eat.

qv7orjv0td0b.jpeg

• pancakerunner
    Well if you’re going there, Cadbury’s Christmas balls. Immediately followed after Xmas by the crispy eggs. That’s what got me here in the first place. A two bag a day habit for weeks and weeks upon months, sometimes three or four bags a day. I used to be so relieved after Easter when they’d finally disappear til the cycle started over again after Halloween. Won’t lie, I loved, adored, obsessed over them, hid them from family, salivated over if there’d be any half price bags after the holidays, connived where and when to buy them without embarrassing myself in front of cashiers.

I promised myself both last year and this that I’d get a bag and blow the calories for a day, but I can’t bring myself to do it. At 200 calories for 16 pieces I can find a lot more filling stuff to eat.

qv7orjv0td0b.jpeg

ooooh these look good
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    🎶 It's the most wonderful time of the year! 🎶

img
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    🎶 It's the most wonderful time of the year! 🎶

img

I always see these on sale for pennies after christmas but never got them because I assumed they would be dry and not very good. But since you like them so much, I may get one to try this year. Are they soft and moist?
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    edited December 2020

I always see these on sale for pennies after christmas but never got them because I assumed they would be dry and not very good. But since you like them so much, I may get one to try this year. Are they soft and moist?

For what it’s worth (I’ve never had one because raisins are the most vile food on this earth) my family has always done various things to panettone because, yes, it is naturally a little dry. My uncle dunks his in coffee or cocoa. My mom will toast hers in the oven and put some butter on it. I want to make one myself one year that doesn’t have raisins as an experiment.
    I bet it would make some killer French toast!
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    For what it’s worth (I’ve never had one because raisins are the most vile food on this earth) my family has always done various things to panettone because, yes, it is naturally a little dry. My uncle dunks his in coffee or cocoa. My mom will toast hers in the oven and put some butter on it. I want to make one myself one year that doesn’t have raisins as an experiment.

Leftover Panettone makes the best bread pudding - or bread and butter pudding. Either way it is utterly delicious. :)

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited December 2020

For what it’s worth (I’ve never had one **because raisins are the most vile food on this earth my family has always done various things to panettone because, yes, it is naturally a little dry. My uncle dunks his in coffee or cocoa. My mom will toast hers in the oven and put some butter on it. I want to make one myself one year that doesn’t have raisins as an experiment.

**This is true😆