Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    I live in the American south so i get some pretty funny ones: "s*** boy you gon dry up and blow away" "you're wastin away on us brother" and my favorite: "where's the other half of ya!?"

Never hear those in the North. Oh my gosh.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Kaitie9399 wrote: »
    My MIL sucks. She’s a nasty piece of work and has absolutely no clue that what she just said to me was utterly hurtful and offensive. The stupid *kitten* had the nerve to say “You know, you should start doing face exercises so that you don’t look so gaunt”. The *kitten* nerve!!!! This coming from the morbidly obese women who hasn’t been able to conquer her food addiction has the bloody gall to say anything about anyone else!

I’m pissed.

My gosh. Ugh. I would be mad, too!!! I used to have a nasty one, too. Always trying to give me bigger sizes in clothing than I was. When I asked if I could exchange something or something like that, "Oh it's good you can wear THAT SIZE (the size I said I wanted)".
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    My mother told me over Thanksgiving that I look a lot happier and as though I'm enjoying life more. Being in less pain and having more energy will do that.

Yes! I love this! Important to focus on the good 😊
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    And my favorite..." Since you lost weight your head looks smaller." lol

😂😂😂
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!