WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

It has been a few days and I have a ton of reading and catching up to do. I cannot believe how quickly December has flown by. Before we know it we will be wishing each other Happy New Year!! I am remaining present and am not wishing my final 2020 days away. I still remember at the end of 2019 thinking, “I cannot wait for this year to be over.”. And look what I (we) got. If 2020 has taught me anything it is to remain present. As a natural planner it is easier said than done.

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL

I know what you mean. I feel like I put my head down to do some stuff and I'm looking up again to find that it's Christmas!

The weather here hasn't been great (La Nina) but we did get out for a walk to the beach this afternoon.

e99o3igyi59k.png

Tomorrow it's back to work but I've only got 3.5 days next week ... we close down about midday on the 24th. :) There are a few things I need to wrap up. There is always work to do but for now, I just want to get to a point where I can stop and then pick it up when I return to work again in the new year.

Meanwhile ...

I got a new phone! We bought our old phones, my first ever mobile phone, at Easter in 2016 so it's getting on for 5 years old. I've been struggling with it because the battery isn't holding power as well as it used to - in fact one day last week I watched as the battery went from about 40% to 0 in about 30 seconds. And I can only have a few apps before I run out of room.

So I've gone from a phone with 8G to a phone with 128G!! What a difference! But I'm still setting it up so I'm using both for the moment, and I do want to continue to use both, but my old one will be a backup phone.

Today we zipped out for a moment to pick up a case for the new phone. Looks nice!

On our walk, my husband and I discussed something he's been wanting to do for a long time ... beekeeping! I've been putting it off until I finished my course so I could focus on it and today I agreed to sign us both up for a beekeeping course. It's one day in Feb (9:30 - 4:30) to learn all about the bees and beekeeping.

I still feel a little bit hesitant about it, but I'll give it a go with him because he's enthusiastic.

So there are things to look forward to in 2021! We'll see how it goes. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    ejauxp6qchjg.png

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL

What is the bottle of simple sugar?

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    Lanette- it’s funny u you oh address the very reasons I no longer post here except to say hey occasionally.I’ve had the disagree button hit on my posts about life situations and been completely ignored on others.It’s ok.
    I really wanted to pop in and wish Everyone a blessed Christmas and happy new year.This one has been different and challenging in a couple of ways.My oldest daughter has been contemplating suicide and my youngest daughter has been diagnosed with cancer.I can’t be with our oldest in Colorado but can be beside our youngest.I know they will both fight.
    Debby in Va

Debbie - a big bunch of overdue hugs heading your way. Please keep us posted when you have time. <3

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    On finding out which posts got the “disagree”. To be honest, I don’t have the time or the desire. I don’t think anyone on here would purposely do something like hitting the “disagree” button. And you people are the people who matter to me.

Went to Food Lion to get the potatoes I forgot. Anyway, there was a lady outside telling me how she hurt, how she’s going to quit because she can’t stand the cold. I don’t know if she really is or not, but I told her to do it inside that that’s what the gal on Friday did. Who knows if she took my words to heart or not. Anyway, it seems she’s also diabetic and she asked me if I had a quarter so she could get a candy bar (she was a quarter short) so I gave it to her and also a mint. I know that’s not much, but it’s the type that’s not hard.

Well, I had all the food for tonight out of the freezer defrosted, started cooking (opened the cans for soup, got the corn in the pot, peeled the potatoes) and Jess and Colby decided to cancel their trip and have Christmas Thursday. So back in the freezer things go and I guess I’ll take them out again Tuesday. Talk about changing plans at the last minute! Now I don’t know what to have for dinner!!! Plus…I had things planned so that I cleaned out the freezer, now I don’t know what to have next week. I know what I was going to have for Vince and I…but now. Well…we’ll get things figured out.

Pip – do you have room for another medal????? This one is so cute!

Jess and Colby went to Five Guys to bring something back. They have a veggie sandwich which I’d like to try. When they come back, I’m going to ask Jess to help plan the menu and that I really want to know what we’re going to have so that I can buy the ingredients and not have to go to the store multiple times

I’ve asked Jess and Colby what they’d like for next week. Colby said “crepes would be good for breakfast” so I asked him if he would make them. I got a “yea, I guess so” – almost like he expected me to do it. They changed their plans, I feel they should help with the cooking. At least help. I told Jess that I want to try to minimize how often I need to go to the store

Tried this different recipe for fudge. We shall see how it goes. Also making yogurt. I told Jess that I like to make it for two reasons. Because you can regulate how tart it is and also because it’s much less expensive. She’d probably rather pay for the convenience of having it already made. Not me. Not sure what their plans are for after this week, but I guess we shall see.

My whisk just broke so I'll probably buy another one to give Vince to give me.

Michele NC

Always room for more medals 🎖
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ejauxp6qchjg.png

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL

What is the bottle of simple sugar?

Simple sugar is used in cocktail making.

Tina
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Pip
    I can see Yogi is saying "Where's Mine?" :)

Suzi Q
    Someone must have hit the disagree button by mistake and then corrected it. There's no disagree in your post as far as I can see.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Pip

Suzi Q
    Someone must have hit the disagree button by mistake and then corrected it. There's no disagree in your post as far as I can see.

Carol in GA

If I could have run with him I would have. He off leash runs with us
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Pip

I was referring to your breakfast that Kirby prepared for you. I am sorry you are feeling depressed. Have a feeling that due to the isolation caused by the virus and losses you still mourn plus the season that is to be expected. thanks for sharing your feelings here.

Carol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Sue: I am not sure whether horse time fixes my sanity, but it sure fixes my need to enjoy life. It has been a long time since I’ve been out of the house to do anything other than essential shopping. :ohwell:

Sue and Lanette: Your reference to Lipizzaners lit up a good memory for me. I got to see them perform at the Coloseum in Portland years and years ago, along with my daughter. We had ringside seats. It was a delight. :heart:

SuziQ: Your orchids are beautiful! :star:

(((Debbie in VA))) :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: I like the sayings, too. Cheri: Thank you for posting them again. :star:

(((Pip))) I suspect Yogi is a lifeline when old memories are painful. Dogs have the gift of living in the present and sharing undemanding & loving companionship. :heart:

I plan to bring our Christmas tree in today and decorating with lights and favorite ornaments. The bright lights improve my feelings of happiness and contentment. They manage to chase away the dark in the short days of winter.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon