WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    clowe1028 wrote: »
    @SuziQ I would take my own food and drink, and extra food to share or choose not to eat while there. If I needed to use the restroom, that would be the time to go home.

Cathy in Arlington, TX

That would be my exact answer! We are super careful and the important thing is not the food or drink, it's being able to see people you care about - 6 ft away, outdoors and masked!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Debbie – Wow, over the candy-making marathon. Hope there is nothing seriously wrong with your car.

It’s off to a shower and my long commute to work (10 steps)!

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

Thanks-
    Getting all the candy packaged up to either ship out or deliver.
    I weighed on kind of fudge- I think it was the Almond Joy(either that or the Mocha Almond Fudge)- weighed in at 2.23lbs!! Most didn't weigh that much- depends on what was added to it. The peanut butter fudge was the lightest as I only added PB2 to it.
    Taking my car into the shop tomorrow for them to check it. I had hoped it was just because of it being so cold but the check engine light still on.

Love your long commute!!!! Mine is less than that.(My daycare girl walks right in, I don't even have to go to the door)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Katla I am gluten free and found away to bake without gluten or sugar. My DH and 23 yo friend can’t tell the difference! But, has been my downfall as far as my weight is going! Lol

RvRita

I am not gluten free but love gluten free baked goods. They have a much nicer texture. When I order desserts in restaurants, I will usually choose to order the gluten free option because it will likely be nicer than the other options. :)

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday ladies!
    Today we got a phonecall from eldest son in San Diego. He's only been gone a week, but it feels longer. He's such a thoughtful and considerate son. I am forever thankful and grateful we decided to be room mates with him. <3

Still snacking on the roast I made monday! Yesterday I made the best roast beef sandwich ever! Do you find that you make food OH SO better than anything you could go out and buy? I am happy I choose me as the restaurant!

Today I sent out my 25 Christmas cards to my Christmas Card Exchange group. I still have 12 more cards to buy, and 7 of them are international stamps to buy. So far I have sent 30 family and friends cards, 20 pen pal cards, and now 25. Total will be 87! Now next week I need to buy up all the Dollar Store cards I find, for next year. :-)

My meal today was 3 slices of hearty grain bread toasted, 3 perfectly poached eggs, hollandaise sauce, and 3 slices of bacon. Everything was arranged perfectly and it was a good meal. Sipping coffee satisfied!

Hugs,
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Machka9
    Options
    I've always been a bit of a germaphobe. For decades, I've hated the casual approach people have taken to cleanliness and hygiene, especially when it comes to cold and flus and other things.

My reason? While others seem to be able to catch mild 24-hour flus or small cases of the sniffles, I end up spending days lying on the floor of my bathroom so I can be that close to the toilet or weeks with the cold that turned into bronchitis and a raging sinus infection.

And it has been increasingly worse in recent years.

But even when I was my fittest colds and flus would knock me around badly and I've been that way since I was a child. I have to guess that my immune system isn't as strong as others.

So I've been very pleased with the emphasis on cleanliness, hygiene, distancing, sanitiser, staying home when sick and other measures this year! This year has shown that a few simple measures can reduce the impact of a lot of illness. Long may they continue!

2020 has been one of my healthiest years ever! :):)

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,207 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Ok ladies, please vote on your favorite. Not #1 the original! They didn’t have my original hair color. But picture in white.

1ondw26dnab4.jpeg

RvRita

I like the first one in the bottom row
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Iii
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,358 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Will work tomorrow.

M – REALLY? I never knew that. Thanks for telling me. I play American Mahjongg. We use the app Real Mahjongg Online. You never have to worry about there being someone online. There always is. OR if you want to you play against their computer. In American Mahjongg you have a mahjongg card with hands that you have to match (your hand has to be like the hand on the card). I like that it’s stimulating.

Heather – I’m like you, I don’t like leaving things go to the last minute. It really annoys me that Vince does, especially if it affects me. In a way I’m glad that we’re having our Christmas this weekend. Usually I’m running around like a head without a chicken the week before Christmas. I also feel somewhat calmer because we can’t have the large crowd we usually have, no Christmas parties that I need to make something for/go to, make less food

SuziQ – I’d do like Heather says and enjoy yourself

RV Rita – get better fast. I do hope they find the answer real fast for you

Allie – PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE do not try to do too much too fast. Let your body heal. If you don’t, it’ll take that much longer before you will get back to normal. And stay away from Jean!!!!

Fae – I almost never use those “hug” “disagree” and whatever else there is buttons. Mainly because you can’t see who sent you a “hug” or a “like”. I’m so sorry this happened. Maybe it was a mistake???

Michele NC
    Who wants to go watch Great Christmas Light Fight now
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today. Will work tomorrow.

M – REALLY? I never knew that. Thanks for telling me. I play American Mahjongg. We use the app Real Mahjongg Online. You never have to worry about there being someone online. There always is. OR if you want to you play against their computer. In American Mahjongg you have a mahjongg card with hands that you have to match (your hand has to be like the hand on the card). I like that it’s stimulating.

Michele NC
    Who wants to go watch Great Christmas Light Fight now

I've only ever played the solitaire version.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited December 2020
    Options
    So here I thought maybe things would become less busy after I finished uni! :lol:

My grad is tomorrow, so I spent last week running around getting all the stuff for the outfit ... dress, nail polish, jewellery, makeup, hair stuff, etc. etc. I opted to do my own nails. They might not be quite as nice as professionally done ones but it's a lot less expensive ($20 vs $60) and my nails are short like I want them.

I've got to walk 3 km to the university to get my gown etc. later this afternoon which will mean I won't get home until after 7 pm. And it's raining!

My husband has had a set of medical appointments (5 of them!) in the past 2 weeks, one in particular I had to prepare for and drop off documentation. Plus I had one appointment for my right elbow.

We hosted one of the biggest cycling events of the year on Dec 6 which required preparation and then some work after to process the documentation and all. And there was a National Committee meeting. Plus I needed to do up a quick newsletter, which I did last night. I've got to post it on the website tonight.

Then we spent Monday evening at our son and daughter-in-law's place which was lovely. :)

And I've been working on my stars ... almost done!! I will try to get a photo of them and our tree at some point.

Plus work! We've got our usual end of year submissions ... and one of our team left because his contract was up ... and then another organisation suddenly wanted data even though they know December isn't good ... and there are a number of other things to wrap up before Christmas.

I've actually not had time to sit down and enjoy Christmas yet!

I'll be glad when the Christmas break starts about midday on the 24th. 11 days with no work and very few other things to do. :)

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: I’m happy for your choice to become your son’s roommates. You all seem to be having a good life together. :star:

M in OZ: I am tickles that you’re having Crhistmas Break at about the same tme we arel the differenc is that kids in our area who can afford it go skiing. Those in your area might be inclined to surfing --just a wild guess. :wink:

I have a trip to the dentist tomorrow. Wish me luck! I have a tooth that needs a crown. I do my best to take good care of my teeth. Hoping it is all good tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    M in OZ: I am tickles that you’re having Crhistmas Break at about the same tme we arel the differenc is that kids in our area who can afford it go skiing. Those in your area might be inclined to surfing --just a wild guess. :wink:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Christmas is at about the same time wherever Christmas is celebrated ... December/January.
    https://www.whychristmas.com/cultures/

Australia's Christmas traditions are quite British with an Australian twist because it is summer here.

This article talks about Christmas in Australia:
    https://medium.com/@do_suri/how-do-people-in-australia-celebrate-summer-christmas-6ab9eec5eef3

We usually close up shop about midday on the 24th so people can get home to celebrate Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day is the big dinner ... often with seafood, which I am not fond of so you won't see seafood in my Christmas Dinner.

Then Boxing Day is a holiday too. This year it falls on a Saturday so we have Monday 28 off instead.

I have booked the next three days off and then, of course there's New Year's and a weekend, and I booked Monday 4 Jan off. So I booked 4 days off and I get 11 days in a row. :)

Surfing is, perhaps, more popular on the mainland. There are a few place people surf here but it's often a bit chilly here in December! However, if it is nice, people do try to get outside to their backyards and/or the beach.

M in Oz
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,130 Member
    Options
    Fae I highly doubt that someone purposely hit the disagree button for your response. Your response was fabulous by the way. <3 From experience of always using my phone I know that I have hit buttons accidentally while scrolling through the posts. Especially with my new Android I find the response buttons are very sensitive. I have been on this site for over 7 years and I can honestly say that you couldn't find a more caring, supportive group of women.

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Machka9
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    Oh, how lovely! I get a disagree right away! What do you disagree with?

Any wonder why so many have left this thread?

Regarding leaving the thread: People leave this thread for a number of reasons. They may have lost the weight and they're finished. Many people leave once they have reached their goal. They may have become too busy to post. Their lives may have taken them in a different direction. People come and go on My Fitness Pal all the time.

Regarding the disagree: Someone who regularly participates in this thread may have hit it for one reason or another. Someone who participates elsewhere on MFP may have chosen to disagree. Someone who lurks on MFP and/or this thread may have disagreed.

This is a thread within a subforum (Motivation & Support) within the MyFitnessPal forums which is part of the overall MFP site. There are thousands of people somewhere within MFP who could have opted to select disagree.

And this is a public thread in a public forum. It can be read by anyone, anywhere in the world who has access to a computer. Any one of those people could have become a member for the purpose of clicking disagree now and then. You can Google a phrase from any one of your paragraphs, and your post will show up. There could be people Googling themes like yours and disagreeing.

If I post anything about Community Guidelines: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines ... I usually get a disagree. I think it's funny! There could be someone with absolutely no life Googling MFP Community Guidelines for the sole purpose of disagreeing! :lol:

Or as others have mentioned, someone could have hit the disagree button while scrolling on the phone and not even realised it. It is in a kind of awkward place.

Regarding following the COVID guidelines: I do it out of respect and a desire to remain as healthy as I can for my and my husband's sake ... rather than fear. I also like most of the guidelines.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've got to walk 3 km to the university to get my gown etc. later this afternoon which will mean I won't get home until after 7 pm. And it's raining!

And I've been working on my stars ... almost done!! I will try to get a photo of them and our tree at some point.

M in Oz

I have my gown, hood and cap! :)

And I've made more progress on my stars.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,207 Member
    Options
    Machka: 👍🏻 Thanks for the timely reminder about how public some forums are. This is why it’s a good idea to take care that you do not post specific personal info.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Congratulations! You have your gown, cap & hood!!! You have earned your degree!!!! 👩🏻‍🎓👩🏻‍🎓👩🏻‍🎓👩🏻‍🎓