WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    I tried fasting, but it wasn’t for me. I like my 3 square meals and morning/afternoon coffee, when I either have fruit or a biscuit.

Breakfast (around 10.30 am) muesli, fruit, yoghurt
    Lunch: soup or salad, bread, chicken/turkey, hummus, cheese
    Dinner: meat/fish/poultry/venison, copious veg, occasional potatoes/pasta/rice
    Daily: Apple, banana, small orange, soft fruit, dark chocolate, occasional crackers/nuts

It seems to work for me.

🫂 🫂 🫂 to all.

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    J
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Tomorrow soup kitchen.

Really busy, so just skimming today. Thinking of everyone

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    HeatherWhat?! Shortage of fresh ginger?!!! I blame all of my facebook posts touting the wonderfullness of that powerful root! I use a lot of ginger. I wonder if I could grow it? Hmmmm... by the way...I saw the most hilariously satirical video (by channel 4 comedy)
    about a woman (somewhere in the UK) can't exactly remember where she was from; who upcycles s e x toys that she finds in the woods, washed up on river banks, in parks, etc.. She turns them into usable things. lol So funny! Like twisted Pinterest projects. Oh well, if you need a laugh, just google skit upcycling s e x toys and it will probably turn up! Really made me laugh. At first I didn't know it was satire; I was wondering what was going on in the UK...

That's all for tonight. I have a zoom meeting beginning! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

ginger is very easy to grow and is a nice looking plant- I haven't checked to see if it actually produced anything from the ones I planted- need to go dig them up. Keep forgetting to.
    I just made candied ginger this week for the first time(store bought ginger-with all the Asian markets there is no shortage that I have seen)- I eat a lot of the ginger for my stomach(ate a whole lot today!)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Rained all night. I came upstairs, as my garlic fuelled dinner (!) made me a poisonous bed fellow. :D I quite like the sound of the rain on the skylight. Then I put my ear plugs in.

Don't know what to do about tomorrow's possible meeting with my old friend. Weather projected dull, very chilly, with possible rain. We are not allowed to meet up indoors, and I wouldn't anyway, but a walk and talk and eat doesn't sound appealing. She would have a train journey to get to me. I'm inclined to cancel but I know she is lonely and struggling a bit. I'll contact her today. Perhaps a personal Zoom would work for her. I did see her on the group Zoom on Wednesday. She knitted through the whole thing. She has quite a bit of ADD, which makes lockdown hard for her and she lives alone. She had covid back in March so is more daring about public transport, restaurants etc than I am. She has even booked for the theatre next week, but I think London may lockdown again.
    I meet no one indoors.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: took BP, Cal-Or roster update and letter to VP, deleted draft email that began with “sorry to nudge” if sorry to do something, then don’t! Let nature take its course.
    Bonus: almond crescent batter, salted caramel adult fudge
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call CD, call R, minutes, call State Fire Marshall’s office re: reporting, Copy CPFA folder and deliver to Chief, Analyze CPFA folder, email population and area info to grantwriter, watch STAS Day 18 (go sniff), submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next Thursday at BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Do Good December
    10: Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging: Friday call C or R and really listen.

Please, God, don’t let my adult salted caramel fudge taste like the fish sticks Joe just put in the oven. ;{

A friend texted me about the Central Fl dog show on AKC.TV. Brought goodie production to a screeching halt. Had to grab wine, cheese and dip the Kalamata sourdough, that D brought from Gold Beach yesterday, in olive oil and balsamic. Dogs, red wine, good eats, how content am I!

Karen in VA, saw the Coton de Tulear at the Central Florida KC show on AKC.com and thought of you. Miss you.
    Rant:
    What is it with those judges and pekes? Pudgy, waddling, ill-tempered, halitosic, fluffballs. SMH. .
    Lanette, thanks for the social media alternatives (Parler (replacing Twitter), MeWe (replacing Facebook) and Rumble (replacing Youtube.) No ads and no censorship!) I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google for most searches.
    Evelyn sorry about your stove conking out on Thanksgiving. Tried to fire up my turntable for Christmas music (yes on vinyl) during goodie production. Powers up but fails to spin. Pfui. Cable’s Music Choice:Sounds of the Seasons just doesn’t play the traditional carols I’m wanting.
    Lisa :love: Egg in the middle of a quilt. She knows she’s the star.
    Allie hurrah for the shower! Hurrah!!!
    Katla glad to hear your DH is “thinking about” the trip next year. Fingers X’d.

Choosing not to check e-mail tonight as expect board meeting communication would not be conducive to sweet sleep.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 8, weigh: 10, steps>5505=1909 candy making and cookie baking don’t tally many steps ;{ vits=10 log=10 CI<CO=10 CI<250<CO=9 Tumble & Shadow 5=9 mfp=10 outside=8 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx= dance= clean 30 mins=1.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=6 play=0 sew=0
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Well here is the dilemma..
    My SIL is up in NH.and they are discharging me so fast ..before 11am that she is fighting with the Hospital,she wants me at there house because it is handicap excible with commodes etc....thats where they agreed to let me go.but now she went away for the weekend and cant control things from there.
    So this is turning into a sh-t show..
    I will be going home with a walker,i have a walk in shower with a seat. And my friend is picking me up..so we shall see how this all works out.

I wish you had better carers for you!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Day off work.

Up very very early.
    2 medical appts for my husband.
    Haircut for me.

M in Oz
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Barbara AHEM AHEM! Adult salted caramel fudge? >:) I too would hope it doesn't taste like Joe's juvenile fish sticks. :D
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Edie's individual Zoom is in half an hour. <3
    She has been off school for two weeks, for the second time, poor thing. So we've been banned from seeing them, even outside.
    Johnny's quiz - Roman Sanitation. :D

I had a mini trip out to the local shops, really to find someone to talk to as I haven't been outside for a couple of days.
    I ordered lots of stuff at the butchers, then went over to the flower shop, run by two gay guys. They are always up for a chat! I bought birthday cards to put in the drawer.
    Then I went to the deli and found nice things and milk.
    Then I went back to the butcher to pick up all my stuff, including pigs cheeks. I found a long queue had developed, so I asked those at the head of it if I could go first to pick up my order. They were very happy to let me in. Turned out they were two older gay guys, putting in their Christmas turkey order, so we had a great chat while we were waiting, in true Hove style. This is the friendliest place I have ever lived. I told them about the beach event on Christmas Day.

Now we are very excited to see Edie!

Allie - hope you can get something sorted so you have someone with you for a few days. <3

Kim - Hope things are ok with you. I know your lockdown is strict. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Karen - thank you. When the choir began again, it made me break down and cry. I wasn't that sure I could cry anymore, honestly. Too many tears over the course of this year to believe I had any more to give.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA
    BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    K
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I love those flash mob things. Thank you Karen! <3 Wonderful!

There was a very moving one on 'Soul Music' this week, for the song Lean On Me. A town in the UK had had a lot of shop robberies, so someone organised a flash mob, starting in the supermarket, to sing the song, and they gradually moved down to the newsagents who had been brutally robbed. Very, very touching. It's available on BBC Sounds App. I did pipe my eye as I was rowing.

Well, it turned out Max was off school with a bad tummy, so we had him first with his quiz on Tudor music, followed by Edie with hers. I told her lots more fascinating facts about Roman toilet habits. :p She wants her next quiz to be on 'Granny'. :o:D She is fascinated by my trick of waggling my ears. Plus I can juggle three balls.

Now off to row for half an hour before I roll out our pizza.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx