Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    fpj6mj209gww.png

7g0g62fjhxgt.png

2jl2ajsgs1xc.png

Looking forward to a nice quiet Christmas. :)

gdfe76dud4q7.png

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Our tree ...
    th5o9glba062.png

Yard decorations ...
    caxrnsaekof5.png

Patio lights ...
    0aamvlsnl563.png

And just a couple of the stars ...
    q4k0bt83ssvb.png

Find the sign for Christmas 2020, and the photos after it are from this year. :)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157625463574879/page4

M in Oz
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures ladies!! 😊😊
    Debby in Va
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Flea, when I walk without dogs, I figure about 100 steps per minute. The rate is slower with dogs because they stop and sniff a lot. I walk for 15 minutes with dogs before breakfast, 90 minutes with dogs and my friend after breakfast, and 15-30 minutes in the afternoon with dogs. I didn't start out with 10,000 steps. I just made my walks a little longer each day.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Oo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    We managed to get out for a blowy 5k along the seafront. Sunny at first, then threatened to rain, but just held off until we got home.
    Son's courier hasn't arrived yet. :s

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS - thanks for all the uplifting pics. <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Thanks for posting all the festive photos. I am in the least festive mood possible, but I enjoy the lights and trees. I don't think I'm alone. Usually, when I look across our canyon, the houses are covered in lights. This year, there is almost nothing lit up.

Sharon - Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Hang in there.

Dr Katie - I hope you find your "finger." I'm betting it's around the bed somewhere.

Heather - Great holiday wear. Sorry your family is feeling sick. I hope it's not COVID.

Kate - So sad about your DD's dog.

Debbie, Napa - You are very generous. I’m sure everyone loves the treats.

Machka - It will take time to figure out what is worth “cutting” and can be cut to make time for relaxing. You can’t cut out doc appts. and things of that nature, but you can let the dust sit for a while. It’ll be back a few minutes after you clean it anyway. It took me years to figure it out. Relaxing doesn’t necessarily mean doing nothing either. Working in the garden is relaxing to some. To me, it’s a chore. Refinishing furniture does the same for others. Some find relaxation in vacuuming. You will figure it out.

I also lose interest in movies and even TV shows, very quickly. I haven’t seen a really good movie in a very long time.

SuziQ - That is unfortunate what your cousin posted on a public forum. My sisters and I have scolded a different sister for “over sharing” on FB. Since we did that, she has been a lot better. She still puts too much up there for my taste, but it’s far better than before.

Busy day today. The plumber is coming to install a new garbage disposal and a contractor is coming to measure the space in the bathroom for a new cabinet. I also have to make sure to schedule yet another doc appt. Always easy during the holidays....ugh. I need to get an EKG to make sure my shortness of breath is not bronchial. I am sure it's due to anemia and complicated by allergies.

I went to the doc yesterday about my procedure coming up right after the new year. He mentioned the possibility of amenorrhea. I cannot for the life of me determine why that is bad for someone about to go through menopause anyway. There really is nothing on the internet about why it's a negative for someone my age. Do any of you have a clue? I have to decide if I want an ablation and that's where he cautioned me about the amenorrhea. Why is it bad?

Have a great day.

Tina in CA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Flea, when I walk without dogs, I figure about 100 steps per minute. The rate is slower with dogs because they stop and sniff a lot. I walk for 15 minutes with dogs before breakfast, 90 minutes with dogs and my friend after breakfast, and 15-30 minutes in the afternoon with dogs. I didn't start out with 10,000 steps. I just made my walks a little longer each day.

<3 Barbie

Thanks! I do remember how much slower I walked when I had my dog -- especially since he was sick. I think I also walk about 100 steps a minute. Too bad we can't be walking buddies!!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I just experienced a computer system failure for the first time in memory. Luckily, DH was able to help me through it. I had some comments when the system failed, and they are lost. Starting again from here:

Kate UK: I am so sorry that your daughter has had so many losses & also so sorry about the loss of her dog. Pets are important members of a family. :heart: :broken_heart:

Heather: This pandemic is the worst health disaster I’ve ever experienced, and it doesn’t seem to be getting easier. We are on our doctor’s list for vaccinations when they are available and it cannot be too soon. Sending good wishes to you and your whole family. I love the photo of you and your brother. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Debbie in VA: Nice tree! :smiley:

Karen: Beautiful photos. Thanks! :star:

We are looking out of our window this morning into fog. The island a short distance way from us is currently invisible. On the plus side, I feel warm and comfortable inside our home.

Katla in foggy NW Oregon

December 2020 Resolutions

1.Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly.
    6. Abstain from alcohol
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,943 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s

Ladies with diabetic husbands (Katla? KJ? ??) Joe's pre-diabetes is getting scary close. I want to start preparing/cooking things for him (currently we cook and eat at different times and different things). Any suggestions for healthy dishes your husbands really like? I'm hoping that he chooses to bid the doughnuts "Farewell!" and accept brown rice instead of white, but when I suggested that, he grimaced.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh: 22, steps>5505=6126 vits=22 log=22 CI<CO=21 CI<250<CO=15 Tumble & Shadow 5=18 mfp=22 outside=12 up hill=12
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=3.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0 bonus: AF=14 play=0 sew=0

My husband is diabetic(takes Metformin) and half Japanese- like your husband, did NOT like the idea of brown rice. He only likes Japanese sticky rice and large amounts of it. He is trying to cut back. I have started making his fried rice with 1/2 Chinese rice(because that is better for this recipe) and 1/2 riced cauliflower- Both son and husband love it and don't even know it isn't just rice. I have also added brown rice to the fried rice, again, they can't tell. I have made a few things with brown rice and he has agreed that it was a better choice than his Japanese rice.
    He is not the veggie eater that I am- I would be happy with just veggies many meals. If I ask him if he wants a salad to go with it, he will usually say no but if I make one and just serve it with his meal, he will eat and enjoy it.
    His numbers are creeping up some so he is starting to watch it a little closer but for him stress is a bigger problem than the food he is eating- if he could learn to handle the stress better it would be great, but he doesn't- never lets things go either. (I am talking years and years and he won't let it go).

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA