2021šŸŒŸ30-Pound ChallengešŸŒŸ

Replies

• shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    Hello! My name is Shannon and I currently weigh 164.6 and have a goal of 134...give or take a couple of pounds! The 130's would be awesome! I'm 52 and have lost 10lbs since April when I joined WW but not finding the program motivating so switched back to MFP and so happy to be part of the challenge! My goals would be to lose 1-2lbs per week and walk my dog everyday for at least 30mins. Due to a medical condition I'm only allowed walking as my form of exercise so I'm ok with that...for me it's all about the eating habits!!!! My weigh-in day is Wednesday so will post an update then!!! Thanks and I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!!!
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Evening folks. I am Anjie and I am all in for this. I am 53, married and currently 225 lbs 5 foot 8 and not an eater. My struggle is consuming enough calories. I have been learning and have gone from 262 to 225 since June this year. Much more learning and losing to do! My forms of exercise at this time is walking, biking and dancing in my living room. Waiting for a friend to pick an online workout video to do together and I think these cat ones are perfect lol! I am a daily weigher but will pick a day to remain accountable here. Thanks for creating and encouraging.
  • TreshaA2
    TreshaA2 Posts: 10 Member
    Need some help gang. I do really well with logging and eating what I should be eating, and then all bets are off at about 11pm. Oh, that cookie looks good, or oh... we got an edible tray with chocolate covered graham crackers...I probably eat about 300-400 cal of junk, it's sweet.... my downfall. There are a ton of temptations in my house with my 23 and 19 year old sons and hubby-- thank goodness I don't care for chips. I welcome your tips and substitution ideas-- thanks!
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    TreshaA2 wrote: Ā»
    Need some help gang. I do really well with logging and eating what I should be eating, and then all bets are off at about 11pm. Oh, that cookie looks good, or oh... we got an edible tray with chocolate covered graham crackers...I probably eat about 300-400 cal of junk, it's sweet.... my downfall. There are a ton of temptations in my house with my 23 and 19 year old sons and hubby-- thank goodness I don't care for chips. I welcome your tips and substitution ideas-- thanks!

Its so easy to say things like " go to bed at 8pm" "don't keep temptations in the house" "tell family members to hide their goodies" "drink water instead" "do 20 jumping jacks first" or "have the treat, expecting it,and count it". But tragically all this fails when the cookie screams from the cupboard. Water has been my filler and at times my downfall. The sodastream with bubbles fills me so much that at times I fail my caloric intake. I have read about chewing gum as well but have no experience in its positive/negative effects. Time, brain train, .5 lb loss and you knowing you will be stronger then the screaming cookie one day will get you through.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,720 Member
    Hello Everyone, My name is Sofia and I would love to lose 30lbs in 2021. It would be great to try and lose 1-2lbs a week. I need motivation and accountability. I need this group. Do I post my status weekly here to track progress? Thank you

Hi Sofia!

Yes, Post here weekly to track your progress. Use whatever format you want... or you can copy mine from earlier.

Welcome to the team!
  • jm216
    Hey Everyone and thanks Jill for starting this group! Great job on losing and staying motivated!! My goal is to be fit, skinnier and healthier! A pound a week would be a reasonable goal. I have been sequestered due to being compromised during Covid... and it's time to stop making excuses and start working towards my goals. Accountability really works well for me. I hovered in the high 180's for about two years until Covid, and then packed it on with anxiety eating and becoming more sedentary.
    Starting weight: 202
    Height: 5'4"
    Goal Weight: 165
    Let's do this together!! Thank you! Tresha

Welcome to the team, Tresha!

So glad youā€™re here. My goal this year is to hit 180... anything lower is a bonus.

Jillā˜•ļø
  • jm216
    DFL94 wrote: Ā»
    Hello. My name is Coralette. I weigh 199.2 my goal weight is 150. I have kept 25 pounds off this year. I need to work on being more consistent and making healthy eating choices. I hope this group helps me stay on track for my goal weight in 2021. Just FYI Hana Milly has effective 10 minute workout routines on YouTube that are good.

Welcome to the team, Coralette. I love your name!!

Feel free to share videos that you like.

Jill
  • jm216
    This is my favorite Keoni Tamayo workout so far:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJJ3fopHjZ8

Iā€™ll have to try this one... thanks for sharing!
  • jm216
    I started this video this morning, and will finish it tonight after work. Itā€™s low impact and easy on the knees so far... as always... modify movements if itā€™s too hard... just walk in place. Have fun!

šŸŒŸJill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3TMBWd0ZUk
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Okay, gang. Every day I wake up and say today I am getting back on track. Every day I end up not doing what I need to do. I am committing today to working out at least 30 minutes.
  • M_on_a_Mission
    M_on_a_Mission Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you so much Jill for starting this and congrats on your 2020 successes!

30 lbs is a perfect goal for me. After a summer of sedentary nothing, I got off to a good start and lost 10 lbs in October/November but "fell off the wagon" with my eating and gained about 5 lbs back in December. Having a bit of support will be perfect to get me back on track. :)

As of this morning I was 184 with 155 being my target weight. At 50YO, that goal is achievable and not unrealistic. My biggest challenge will be taking time for physical activity. Getting my eating back on track shouldn't be too hard since I feel awful because I haven't been eating well.

Fridays will be my weigh in day. I am looking forward to a healthier 2021 and being part of this great group!

Melissa
  • jm216
    Thank you so much Jill for starting this and congrats on your 2020 successes!

30 lbs is a perfect goal for me. After a summer of sedentary nothing, I got off to a good start and lost 10 lbs in October/November but "fell off the wagon" with my eating and gained about 5 lbs back in December. Having a bit of support will be perfect to get me back on track. :)

As of this morning I was 184 with 155 being my target weight. At 50YO, that goal is achievable and not unrealistic. My biggest challenge will be taking time for physical activity. Getting my eating back on track shouldn't be too hard since I feel awful because I haven't been eating well.

Fridays will be my weigh in day. I am looking forward to a healthier 2021 and being part of this great group!

Melissa

Welcome to the team Melissa!
    Weā€™re here for each other and ready to lose weight, get fit, and cheer each other on!

Jill ā˜•ļø
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Iā€™d love to lose 30ish pounds and Iā€™d love to do it with the support of this group. Thanks for starting it. 4 years ago I turned the big 4-0 and since then my body hasnā€™t been quite as forgiving of my unbelievable sweet tooth as it once was. I have gained about 20 pounds in that length of time.

Iā€™m a long-time member of MFP (just received my 6-yr anniversary badge) but Iā€™ve never managed to use it consistently. Iā€™m usually good for a couple days, then eat something terrible and decide not to log it and fall off the logging/eating healthy wagon. I hope this group will help me build the habit of daily tracking.

My daily plan:
    Eat fresh, mostly plant-based foods
    Avoid refined sugar
    Meal plan and prep
    Log calorie intake
    Stay under calorie budget
    30+ min cardio
    10+ min strength

Current weight 160
    Goal 135

Cheryl
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Hello, everyone! I'm Lorna. I'm from the UK. I've gotten overweight which isn't healthy and don't like how I look or feel. I have a very sedentary job and I haven't been moving much. I'm also prone to blow outs on marshmallows and/or chocolate. I had just joined a gym and a learn to row course at a rowing club but both got shut down last weekend due to COVID rules and both will continue to be shut for at least 1.5 weeks more, probably longer.

As well as the scale, I bought a UK size 12 dress ostensibly for next Autumn's rowing club dinner which I can't get over my head properly yet. I plan on taking weekly photos of my progress (for myself) as far as the dress is concerned as well as weekly weigh-ins here.

Starting weight: 157
    Height: 5'3"
    Goal Weight: 127

I lost 10lbs a year or so ago just by following MFP, no exercise, in about 8 weeks so I'm hoping that October (10 months) should be plenty of time to crack 30 lbs with moderate exercise on top.
  • aj1034
    aj1034 Posts: 14 Member
    jm216 wrote: Ā»
    Hi! I have been hunting for a challenge to motivate me to get back on track. I have lost about 50 pounds this year, but I went off the rails after Thanksgiving and just can't seem to get back at it. I skipped weigh-in today but will weigh in next Saturday for an official starting weight.

Welcome to the team! Great loss this year!
    Hi! I have been hunting for a challenge to motivate me to get back on track. I have lost about 50 pounds this year, but I went off the rails after Thanksgiving and just can't seem to get back at it. I skipped weigh-in today but will weigh in next Saturday for an official starting weight.

• aj1034
    aj1034 Posts: 14 Member
    Hiya! I havenā€™t been super motivated to work out this past week. Will try to pick it up after Xmas. Iā€™m going to do Heather Robertsonā€™s 12 week challenge on YouTube. (Hopefully my 2 year old lets mešŸ˜Š.)
    Just read an article saying tracking workouts/meals as well as having accountability coaches can really help with weight loss. Please hold me accountable friendsšŸ˜
  • nique3187
    nique3187 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Ysa and Iā€™m joining this group because I really need accountability for sustained weight loss. I honestly never join groups or share much about my weight loss struggles but Iā€™ve reached my breaking point. Iā€™ve struggled with my weight for the past 12 years. I fluctuate between 255 lbs and 230 lbs year after year. I know what I need to do but Iā€™ve struggled with staying consistent. I am truly unhappy with my body and want to finally see myself through this goal in 2021. Iā€™m able to commit and excel in other areas of my life but when it comes to my weight loss goal, I seem to always waver.

Itā€™d mean so much to accomplish this for myself and my daughter. Iā€™m prayerful that having this support group will help me get there. My friends and family are mostly petite or at a healthy weight so Iā€™m almost ashamed to lean on them about this struggle because they donā€™t seem to understand this yoyo issue I have. Thank you all in advance for being supportive. Iā€™m speaking success into the universe to see the fruition of our goals!

Current weight: 257.5 lbs
    Weaknesses: Carbs and Late night snacking

Goals:
    Goal weight: 210 lbs by June 2021
    Workouts: 5+ per week
    Sleep: 7 - 8 hrs
    No snacking after 7:00pm

• TreshaA2
    TreshaA2 Posts: 10 Member

Its so easy to say things like " go to bed at 8pm" "don't keep temptations in the house" "tell family members to hide their goodies" "drink water instead" "do 20 jumping jacks first" or "have the treat, expecting it,and count it". But tragically all this fails when the cookie screams from the cupboard. Water has been my filler and at times my downfall. The sodastream with bubbles fills me so much that at times I fail my caloric intake. I have read about chewing gum as well but have no experience in its positive/negative effects. Time, brain train, .5 lb loss and you knowing you will be stronger then the screaming cookie one day will get you through.

Thanks Anjie-- I was actually thinking that I needed to increase my water intake to get me over that late night challenge -- I love a good hot cup of tea. I have forgotten about the soda stream-- that's a great idea! A new toy to play with! Thanks!
  • Zam33
    Zam33 Posts: 1 Member
    Iā€™m in. My name is Julie. I think/hope Iā€™m in the 160s but will weigh on the 1st. Looking to get into the 130s. I struggle with consistency. Cheryl,I could have written this post, itā€™s exactly where Iā€™m at too.

shnerb00 wrote: Ā»
    Iā€™d love to lose 30ish pounds and Iā€™d love to do it with the support of this group. Thanks for starting it. 4 years ago I turned the big 4-0 and since then my body hasnā€™t been quite as forgiving of my unbelievable sweet tooth as it once was. I have gained about 20 pounds in that length of time.

Iā€™m a long-time member of MFP (just received my 6-yr anniversary badge) but Iā€™ve never managed to use it consistently. Iā€™m usually good for a couple days, then eat something terrible and decide not to log it and fall off the logging/eating healthy wagon. I hope this group will help me build the habit of daily tracking.

My daily plan:
    Eat fresh, mostly plant-based foods
    Avoid refined sugar
    Meal plan and prep
    Log calorie intake
    Stay under calorie budget
    30+ min cardio
    10+ min strength

Current weight 160
    Goal 135

Cheryl

• Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Not the best of days to weigh-in being Boxing Day and having had a 2 day blow-out but Saturdays work best for me the rest of the year so I'm carrying on regardless.

SW: 157
    26th Dec/CW: 154
    GW: 127

I'm only a pound up on Christmas eve morning so I'm very happy with that.

Currently 6 days into a 30 day 5k run challenge as seen on YouTube to kickstart my fitness since my gym closed due to COVID laws the same day I signed up.

Merry Christmas to all who have been celebrating!