Barbara - Have you looked on Amazon?
    Is this kind any use?
    hfsgjbmv10u5.jpg

Kate UK - if I like a pic I screenshot it then edit to trim the edges. :D

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,031 Member
    Options
    A burst of nature would be good, but it seems untimely.

Friends of mine, a couple who live in Paris, did something rather sweet on Christmas Day.

They've gone to the Beynes Forest where they found a nice pine tree, decorated it, had a picnic beside it and opened their presents. When they were finished, they tidied everything up, and took down the decorations.

They are cyclists so they've likely cycled to the forest and back.

Are you able to take public transportation somewhere for a day trip somewhere?

Or if you're not able to travel out of Paris, are you able to visit the parks?

Take a camera or if you paint, take painting supplies and have a bit of fun. :)

BTW - those friends also live in a tiny apartment, or did the last time my husband and I were in Paris in 2012. It was 2 rooms with a tiny kitchen and bathroom in the corner of one room. Plus a tiny balcony.

It had quite high ceilings so if it had been me, I would have made more use of vertical storage than they did then, but perhaps they've changed things.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know how to make lamb stew? I have two pounds of leftover lamb!

Roughly Chop a load if veg including potatoes, and the lamb, put into a pot, cover with water, add lamb stick or stick cube and either cook slowly on the stove top or in the oven for about 40 minutes. Check that the veg are cooked. Do a bit longer if they are not. You can also do it in a slow cooker.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day to those who celebrate.

Yesterday was a quiet day. Binged “The Christmas Story”. Well, not really, it was on while I was puttering around the house. The neighbors brought me brunch. They are a lovely couple. They always check in to make sure I have a holiday meal and do a mental check. They have never said so, but Robert asked me how I was doing three times during our conversation. Yes, fences make for good neighbors – yet they are one pair of neighbors I would not mind sharing a yard.

Heather – The two of you look so happy. I shiver thinking the people in the background of your picture are getting ready for their Christmas swim.

Kate – Love the pattern of the Spain cloth. It looks really nice on your table.

Beth – I laughed over the carrot – nature can be both healing and humorous.

Bananas – I think many of us are feeling the same way. I had to pull myself out of the holiday/extended sheltering funk a few times this year. I have turned my thinking around – I keep telling myself this too shall pass and I do not want to be my old unhealthy self when we are finally able to move a little more freely with less stress. I have gained back 10 pounds, ☹. I got rid of all of my big clothes so I have not choice but to reign myself in and get back on track because I am not buying bigger clothes.

Loving all of the pictures and Christmas updates. I am happy most of us had a good day and have found ways to be with our families and friends.

Today my goal is to do a little more puzzling, put away some of the Christmas decorations (I will leave the Nativity scene and lights up until the Epiphany), give the orchids some attention, some light cleaning, and work on my 2021 goals.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    SuziQ - My son had promised to go in for a swim on Christmas Day! :o:p He couldn't do that with the possible covid. It would have been hilarious watching him, but he was intending to cheat and wear a wetsuit. :noway:
    It seems to be a strange British ritual of self torture, usually reported in the news each year.

DH spoke to his sister today by WhatsApp video call. I just waved and said hello. Nice to see them.

Going to row this pm for my bonus calories. I will catch up on a couple of programmes DH doesn't like.
    Had a lovely long bath this morning. Fabulous. New bath stuff and hand cream.

Yesterday I reached a 400 day streak on Duolingo. :D
    DH bought me a dual language short story book for one of my Santa presents.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate UK: Happy Boxing Day! :star:

SuziQ: Our way of being with family far away included a zoom call with DD and family, and a facetime call with our son’s family. I got to be “Grammy,” and was a welcome caller. :bigsmile:

Heather: How is wearing a wetsuit to swim in the ocean in December “cheating”? I am beyond impressed with your 400 days streak on Duolingo. WOW!!!

Yesterday I had two calls with my adult children. The call to DD was a Zoom call, and I got passed around to grandkids as well as talking to DD. They were having dinner guests. I am still not sure what to think about inviting another family as dinner guests in this time of Covid worries. The second call was to my son and DDIL via the magic of iphones. We had a good, long visit and enjoyed every minute.

I’m on my second cup of coffee and will be keeping DH company upstairs. It is 7 am and still dark outside.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🖤💙❤️💜💚🤍🤎🧡
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    :#
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Was 21* F when we got up this AM. Now it is 30* F. at 10:30. Everyone stay warm! I know so many are living through a blizzard and my heart goes out to you.

Son, DnL, and two grands came for Christmas brunch and we had so so much food! Ham steaks, sausage links, bacon, eggs, grits and biscuits. As can be imagined, that was the big meal for the day! After brunch they went to her mom's house where her brother (the chef) prepared Beef Wellington. Yum!

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    Such a weird season. We're all so happy to be together and so scared to be together. Next year will be better.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the lamb advice! I will try it as soon as my Dad is done fixing the disposal.
    My parents don't do spices, so just a basic stew will suit best. Today I learned that roast lamb has twice the calories of my usual boiled chicken. It tastes great, but I can't afford to eat it all.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate UK: I love kitties Boxing Day. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :star:

Heather: I’m happy to hear that your DH was able to connect with his sister. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I hope your transition home goes well. :heart:

Flea: I’m so sorry for the need for you to worry about your mom’s possible exposure to CoVid. I hope it turns out well and she doesn’t get sick. :star:

I was just watching a humming bird as it visited the blossoms of our Christmas Camelia bush. I like the plant for its red flowers and golden center, and because it blooms in winter. I am thinking about buying a second plant this coming spring. I’ll find a place to tuck it in if I can find the right plant.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 53min 48sec, 3.10ap, 82ahr, 106mhr, 6.01mi= 585c
    Strava app = 728c
    Zwift bike trainer- 31.04min, 20.3amph, 440elev, 138ahr, 163mhr, 10.50mi= 341c
    Strava app = 301c

Total cal 926