edited December 2020
    Options
    Leg day yesterday and upper push today
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday.
    Back done.
    ‘Bout to go shovel some snow...but the pup is sleeping on my lap. I was all like “get up”...and she was all like...not. I tried.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • _RunningWithScissors
    Options
    Hello everyone, I’m Kelly. I’ll be 44 in Feb. Looking for interactive friends to make the journey of losing lbs fun? Can it be fun? 😂 I have about 50 more to go 🤜🏻🤛🏻🤗
  • Kiernla
    Kiernla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Ki. I just turned 40 in Sep, and am managing high blood pressure and general deconditioning under physician supervision.

Since June 20, 2020:
    Weight (BMI): 188 (39) -> 167 (35)
    Next Goal: 159 (33)
    Ultimate Goal: 105 (22) - 115 (24)
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hey everyone--44 yo female. Mentally I don't feel that age, but there are definitely days when my body does (if not older!).

I recently reached my "wish" goal weight after maintaining a 35 +/- weight loss for 7 years. I lost very slowly and deliberately, and am now committed to eat this way for life (which, frankly, wasn't too different than how I was eating before). However, I've struggled with my weight most of my life, losing then slowly gaining it back, and really with my mindset about my body and weight loss/maintenance. I like the idea of helping others achieving a healthy lifestyle sustainably.
    I strength train 3 total body days week with the goal of getting stronger and really have some goals I want to reach (like finally being able to do a non-assisted pull-up). I love seeing and feeling the progress. I'd like to be able to go 5 days a week to the gym, but it's just not really possible with my schedule--plus, I've made great gains with this schedule (focus on glute strength). I also love dancing and take 3 dance classes a week-more for fun than exercise, but also dance "exercise" with YouTube and cardio at home.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders and Traps! DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders & Triceps! DONE!
  • misaksen
    misaksen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm 42 and really looking for the combo of foods/exercise that will get me to my goal and keep me there. A few things that contribute to difficulty in losing are stress and autoimmune problems (PCOS/Hashimotos). The stress comes from my 4 adopted teenagers and we also have 4 bio kids...the youngest are 1 year old twins. It's just hard. I'm trying to keep from fight or flighting most days. I would love to be part of the group.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Fractured my hand back in October. Laid out of the gym for a couple of months. Twas' a convenient excuse.

Kept up with hiking and walking the dog. I knew I would gain some weight without lifting, so I set a goal to stay under 200 pounds through year end. I'm back on a downward trend and I will see the New Year around 195.

Glad to see you all are staying on course. Mostly healed now, so time to get back under the bar. Looking forward to that good soreness from the first few lifting sessions.

I'm a member of an MFP group called "Lose 1 Pound a Week". Great support, different challenges every week and a weekly weigh-in. They are signing up new members right now. Join in if you like that sort of thing.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10818588/need-a-helpful-and-motivational-group-join-our-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021#latest
  • Espheni
    Espheni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, how do I join? :-)

I'm 42, used to be healthy and lean throughout my late 30's (I used to exercise up to three hours a day), then I changed jobs, countries, got married... everything changed. Not only routines, but also food and brands, countryside life to city life, etc.

I've been vegan for 10 years now, and lately I have developed IBS, which doesn't help as I have to further restrict my diet.

In the past 7 years I have gained 20 pounds, going up and down like a yo-yo. As I start to exercise and restrict my diet to 1200 calories a day, I lose 6-8 pounds, then weather/COVID/changes in my working schedule make it impossible to continue and I gain it all back with some extras. The struggle is real...

I'm now re-starting my strict calorie controlled diet and my goal for 2021 is to build a healthy schedule that allows me to make space for wellness and me-time again.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Legs and a long walk yesterday, upper push and glutes today, followed by step and strength. My legs are toast!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well.

It was a tough but necessary decision to change gyms. I'm back with my old trainer and got my butt handed to me for old time sakes. Haven't been this sore in ages.

Have a great evening everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    wow caramel

happy new year to all

BOOM!
  • rocktherun
    rocktherun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    47 and working to lose 30 pounds- my 2016 weight before injury and surgery. Injuries set me back both mentally and physically and the pandemic was the cherry on that sundae that truly did me in. Determined to turn the page in 2021.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back done on Wednesday...
    Arms and chest yesterday...
    Shoulders today!