What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings are gross and pointless. Especially the kind with sauce.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    White pizza is way better than regular pizza
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings are gross and pointless. Especially the kind with sauce.

This is a fact. Why are there entire restaurants dedicated to chicken wings? I don't get it...they are mostly skin and bones. Just a delivery vehicle for some gross sauce, I guess.
  • SuzySunshine99
    edited December 2020
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    White pizza is way better than regular pizza

I've never had a white pizza, but the tomato sauce is my favorite part of pizza, so I'm guessing it would make me cry. I'd rather have it cheeseless than sauceless.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

On that note, I actually LIKE papa john's even though it is usually ranked one of the worst

I like Papa John's. It helps that they were one of the few places that really worked with me in making sure I could safely order when I was on a strict elimination diet for IC. They were able to answer all my questions and made suggestions... and never messed up the order.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »

On that note, I actually LIKE papa john's even though it is usually ranked one of the worst

I like Papa John's. It helps that they were one of the few places that really worked with me in making sure I could safely order when I was on a strict elimination diet for IC. They were able to answer all my questions and made suggestions... and never messed up the order.

I find different chains are good in different areas. On Long Island the Papa John's were awful and Dominoes was good. Here in VA it's the opposite.

As a NY pizza snob, IMHO chain pizza is never good pizza :naughty: , but it can be good (even great) fast food. A legit pizzeria will almost always make better pizza than a chain, but if you want yummy fast food delivered to your door, a chain pizza place can take care of that.

I will add, Papa John's brownies are really good :smile:
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    I had a phase as a teen where, after loving chocolate for years, the thought of it made me deathly nauseous. Happily - or tragically - I got over that.

After working in the chocolate biz, I have become such a chocolate snob haha
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I had a phase as a teen where, after loving chocolate for years, the thought of it made me deathly nauseous. Happily - or tragically - I got over that.

Curious - what do you deem 'good' chocolate?
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Curious - what do you deem 'good' chocolate?

I mean, that is pretty subjective... but I like Belgian and Swiss. Depends on the cocoa used and milk % too
  • SuzySunshine99
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I think this is unpopular...
    It grosses me out to dunk anything into a beverage. Doughnuts in coffee, cookies in milk, etc...even the thought of it turns my stomach. I don't like soggy things...I don't even put milk on my cereal because it makes it soggy. Why is a wet cookie appealing? Bleh.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It grosses me out to dunk anything into a beverage. Doughnuts in coffee, cookies in milk, etc...even the thought of it turns my stomach. I don't like soggy things...I don't even put milk on my cereal because it makes it soggy. Why is a wet cookie appealing? Bleh.

I disagree with you on the cereal, but I also am grossed out by dunking. For me though it's because I don't like the idea of drinking a beverage that probably now has stuff floating in it lol. I mean, I don't like soggy stuff either, I eat my cereal while it's still crunchy. And I don't like soggy bread, it grosses me out when a dish that involves gravy or dressing or grease on bread sits for long enough that the bread gets soggy. Eww :lol:
  • pancakerunner
    Options

totally depends on the food for me.

there are also some foods that should NEVER touch
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    Speaking of moist bread....
    Bread pudding is the WORST dessert ever.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Speaking of moist bread....
    Bread pudding is the WORST dessert ever.

nope! I disagree. I like soggy bread! Milk toast is one of my favorite things
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I like dunking, specifically bread in things. I would never be tempted to eat bread but for the possibility to dip it in soup or curry or pasta sauce, etc.

Cookies are only to be dunked if they are too hard on their own. (Plus I don't really like milk and certainly not crummy milk, so mainly talking about dunking in coffee.)

Bread pudding is a great dessert.

I rarely like gravy, however -- I think most dishes are better without it -- and of course cereal is terrible but dry cereal is even worse than cereal with milk. It's one food people love that I completely cannot understand. (I like oatmeal well enough, but because it is warm, and only steel cut has a decent texture.)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    But have you tasted Fritos in milk?
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    On the topic of chocolate, I don't like white chocolate and don't see the point in it.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    On the topic of chocolate, I don't like white chocolate and don't see the point in it.
    White chocolate is an oxymoron.
    It has no cocoa, only cocoa butter, and usually not even that! :D

I like peanut butter and potato chip sandwiches.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome. A favorite childhood breakfast of mine was my dad's concoction of peanut butter and blue cheese on an English muffin.

What a great idea! I like blue cheese on burgers and salads, never tried it with peanut butter. But I have had peanut butter sandwiches with: Nutella, potato chips, tortilla chips, banana, or jam (of course).