Replies

• libbyralls
    libbyralls Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sorry, I accidentally made another post and it won’t delete🤦‍♀️😂
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Great run @SummerSkier !

Thanks @TheMrWobbly ! Love the starting point!

Great running @libbyralls ! Yeah, you can't delete a post here, so you just have to delete the words and have an empty post. It happens to us all.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    Beautiful pictures @katharmonic!

Love the starting point @TheMrWobbly!

Great day of firsts @libbyralls!

I think those are excellent goals @quilteryoyo.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    I had a hard time coming up with very many specific goals for the year with all the unknowns. I don't want to be obsessed with miles or anything I have to do every single day after the experience of the past year. My job is going to have some significant changes in July which brings a lot more responsibilities and likely time commitment, so I worry that I will not have or not make time for training and the things I have really enjoyed doing, like hiking and climbing. So here's what I've come up with so far:

2021 GOALS
    1. Complete the 2021 Half Marathon Monthly Challenge - run HM distance once a month (including in-person races if possible)
    2. Finish hiking the Adirondack 46 High Peaks (21 peaks remaining)
    3. Complete Goggins 48 miles in 48 hours challenge for second year
    4. Complete Spartan trifecta (if possible)
    5. Run new places (once a month?)
    6. Set and achieve a new strength/training goal each month
    7. Continue consistent training, running, and hiking even when job changes in July
    8. Declutter and minimize at home and office (for less stress)

January strength/training goal: return to regular pull-up practice (at least 3x week) and work on hero pose (2x week)

The first 4 goals are going to be a big commitment but are doable with planning. I have 3 friends doing the HM challenge so that will be a big help to keep on top of that, and will get me to not slack off on my long run. The biggest challenge will be balancing the dates of those runs with the hiking and possibly Spartan races. For the 21 peaks for the ADK 46er challenge, I figured out yesterday that I need 10 hikes to complete them, as several are paired or grouped in one (long) hike. That seems achievable if I do one hike a month for the winter, and then more when things warm up and dry out in late spring and summer. I'm pretty skeptical that the Spartan races are going to be held at least before summer/fall, but I'm theoretically signed up for 5 races that I deferred from cancelled ones this year. The first is scheduled for April and I may be in serious trouble if that one actually happens both in terms of training and time management.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @TheMrWobbly that would be an intriguing area atm given all the changes etc with the virus.

No run for me today, rest day. I'm actually following the play! Haha. Did some yoga and now enjoying doing nothing
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    @rheddmobile hugs. I know how you feel, and the goal of just surviving is more than enough! I was just saying to my husband last night that I can't understand how there are races running in the US. So sick of idiots, and dreading the result of the xmas madness. I was also horrified to hear that after my grandparents in the UK were given their 1st dose of vaccine on Friday they were told they won't get the 2nd for at least 12 weeks.