Replies

• chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    A Hotmail email address containing more than 4 numbers
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    If, even after a thorough explanation and a long slow fade, he still wants closure.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely. ^
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    jruch23 wrote: »
    Yes, definitely. ^

Hey, I just read further upthread and I hope what I wrote doesn’t seem like it was directed at you. I’m sorry for being insensitive.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    insensitivity
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    insensitivity
    Shhh. Nobody likes a mouthy happi.
  • Frodobaggins29
    Frodobaggins29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When they don’t have Facebook 😳 who doesn’t have Facebook???? 😱
  • Frodobaggins29
    Options
    moijo2013 wrote: »

That would be me 😔😒😁

EXACTLY!!! 🚩
  • Frodobaggins29
    Options
    moijo2013 wrote: »

That would be me 😔😒😁

And me 😂

🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩 🤯
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    insensitivity
    Shhh. Nobody likes a mouthy happi.

tenor.gif
  • TequilaExpress
    TequilaExpress Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    LGS_RFS wrote: »
    It was going well. I need an explanation. But that's what I plan to do- give her all the space she wants and let her initiate. I just hope there's a good outcome from this temporary "break".

I feel you. *kitten* sucks. Especially when you feel that everything is/was going well or the relationship has been going on for awhile. Not much you can do except let them be and keep doing you. Hardest part of it all is not thinking about the situation until she’s ready to talk.

Right off the bat - sounds like commitment issues. Or she's not entirely sure if you're the one she wants to be with / possibly wants to break it off and let you down easy. Sucks. Sorry, dude.
  • TequilaExpress
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Dating someone for almost a year and then they say they don't feel like we are compatible anymore. How do you guys feel when a girl or guy asks for space all of a sudden?

From what I’ve seen from the people around me, asking for space usually means “I found someone else, getting to know them, but keeping you on the back burner just incase it doesn’t workout”. Don’t wait on anyone who is asking for space.

It’s just mind games. keeping you holding on but they’re already checked out.

Or this. Don't ever allow yourself the disgrace of being anyone's benchwarmer. A person who is genuinely interested will talk to you every day, and make efforts to spend time with you.
  • TequilaExpress
    Options
    Dating someone for almost a year and then they say they don't feel like we are compatible anymore. How do you guys feel when a girl or guy asks for space all of a sudden?

I just went back a page and saw this first message on your situation. Bru, it's over. It sucks, but the sooner you accept that reality the sooner can start the process of moving forward. Sometimes relationships start great, but as time goes on one or both of you may realize you're on different pages on what you want out of life with a partner. Or a million other reasons. It's cliche but there really are so many other women out there. One day you'll run into one who's crazy about you and wants to talk every day, spend time..... all.you can do is be patient in the meantime
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks for all your input guys. So far I haven't heard from her. Last time we texted was just told each other Happy New Year. We also go to the same church so tomorrow will be interesting....
  • TequilaExpress
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Thanks for all your input guys. So far I haven't heard from her. Last time we texted was just told each other Happy New Year. We also go to the same church so tomorrow will be interesting....

Dress nice. Smile a lot, not necessarily at her. Leave before she does and don’t approach her, but if you do make eye contact, give a polite head nod and that’s it.

I concur