Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coronavirus prep

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/world/coronavirus-vaccine-dry-ice-intl/index.html

Besides keeping it from spoiling there has been 7 holidays over 2 weeks and with some states reporting 40-60% of medical staff are passing on the vaccine at this time may mean some will have to be returned to storage and reshipped.

Clearly the rush job to get the vaccine out did not get the arms in line to receive it. It is going to take a while to get people lined out. Lot of people do not under how the Hurry Up and Wait policy of Uncle Sam works.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    God bless our transit workers.

Went to our county's website to register for a Covid test. The testing site is at a facility on the outskirts of the city and there is no public transportation to the site. I did notice there was a shuttle running from the closest public transit stop (about a mile away) to the testing site. Feel bad for the person driving the shuttle for 8 hours a day when every passenger getting on either has or thinks they have Covid.

That's not great.

My nearest testing place is a short walk from my house. My sister and I were talking about this recently when she thought her SO might have been exposed (he works in a hospital, was tested and was negative), and she also was in walking distance (closer even than the one near my place, even though she and I are in walking distance of each other) -- she was worrying about how to get to a test as she usually relies on her SO or me to drive her, and wouldn't have wanted to expose herself if he were positive or me, nor anyone on transit, of course (transit would be available for lots of testing sites here but as noted poses a problem).