Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,021 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for good recovery theoldguy.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    @Theoldguy1 Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Found out I have Corona. Got tested Monday and got results Wednesday. Had a 99.6 fever Saturday with some chills and sore throat that day. Only day with fever. Have been feeling tired and bit of sore throat but that's it so pretty mild. Hopefully stays that way.

I'm glad it's pretty mild, I hope that continues and you feel better soon.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Found out I have Corona. Got tested Monday and got results Wednesday. Had a 99.6 fever Saturday with some chills and sore throat that day. Only day with fever. Have been feeling tired and bit of sore throat but that's it so pretty mild. Hopefully stays that way.

I hope you feel better very soon and we will be thinking of you. Keep us up with how you're feeling please, if you're up to it.

Thanks to you and others for the kind words. So far so good. As I mentioned 99.6 fever for about half a day Saturday. Bit of fatigue. Have not been using any OTC pain relievers. We have an oximeter and readings have been 97-99 the whole time. Working 8-10 hours a day from home as have done since this started.

Not sure how I picked it up. We did travel over Christmas and saw our 2 children and our future DIL. We all avoided contact with others outside of normal shopping, etc (following the guidelines for our states) for the 2 weeks prior. We met up at an Air BnB cabin in the Ozarks for 4 days (cabin had not been rented since Thanksgiving). We all drove and just got out of the vehicles to run into gas station restrooms. My wife is getting tested today, she was feeling a bit sketchy earlier in the week but didn't feel good enough to go get tested with me which may have been a sign (headache mainly).

It might be better to take aspirin, both to reduce the fever and to break up blood clots that might form in the lungs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    RE: testing and positivity rates...

Since I've returned to work about a month ago, my company has been testing us twice a week, using a private lab. I imagine a lot of companies are doing the same. Im curious if they report the results, both positive and negative, to the local heath authorities. I just wonder if it's up to the private company if they want to report their numbers, or if they are required to.

The results from a private company, who is testing everyone, would actually give you a better idea of the community positivity rate. Most people who are getting tested at public sites are going because they have symptoms or have been exposed, which is going to skew the numbers.

The private labs are required to report results to the DOH here in NM. We have a lot of public testing sites run by the DOH, but also a lot of private testing sites like CVS Pharmacy who send their tests to a private lab...those labs are required to send results to DOH.

• LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    @Theoldguy1 Please take care! I'm glad you have a oximeter, keep monitoring your blood O2!!!

I am still trying to figure out when I'll get the vaccine. Spouse thinks he'll be getting in by Jan 21st, but since I'm 6 years younger I might get bumped into a Feb. date. I've messaged my doctor about scheduling but just get a canned vague response.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    My county health department has put out an app to "line people up" virtually for the vax, and they're estimating the over-65s (my subgroup, phase 1B) may start pretty soon now, yet in January even. The app was super simple to use (asked for contact info like name/address/email/phone and some basic age/employment/housing status info that's clearly intended to slot people into the groups). No super-sensitive data was requested (using my definition, i.e., no ID numbers, health insurance info, etc.). They say there will email follow-up for scheduling.

YayYayYay: This seems so hopeful. (Here, they're estimating younger people at risk (1C) will start getting vaccinated in early/mid February, any anyone over 16 (phase) in early April.

What state is this in? We are in the Central Valley area of California (Fresno to Merced area) and cannot find any news on any date or sign up. I know it varies state to state and sometimes even by city. We aren't being notified of anything
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    wmweeza wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    My county health department has put out an app to "line people up" virtually for the vax, and they're estimating the over-65s (my subgroup, phase 1B) may start pretty soon now, yet in January even. The app was super simple to use (asked for contact info like name/address/email/phone and some basic age/employment/housing status info that's clearly intended to slot people into the groups). No super-sensitive data was requested (using my definition, i.e., no ID numbers, health insurance info, etc.). They say there will email follow-up for scheduling.

YayYayYay: This seems so hopeful. (Here, they're estimating younger people at risk (1C) will start getting vaccinated in early/mid February, any anyone over 16 (phase) in early April.

What state is this in? We are in the Central Valley area of California (Fresno to Merced area) and cannot find any news on any date or sign up. I know it varies state to state and sometimes even by city. We aren't being notified of anything

Michigan.

Have you looked at your governmental health department's web site, Facebook page, Twitter feed, or whatever communication channels they run? I assume there's a health department at some governmental level(s)?

If anyone else cares, Michigan's state information is here, and will be adding vaccination locations to one of the sub-pages as the locations get organized to offer the vaccine.

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_103214---,00.html

It's just getting started here, with only a couple of counties/regions offering any local info. I just live in a lucky spot, I guess.

I wasn't notified by the county: One of my civic-minded friends shared the update on Facebook. (I think she was smart enough to follow the health department's page there, which I wasn't. 😐)

ETA: The link! 🙄