30 Day Shred Group- September

Options

Replies

• eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Started L2 today! I needed to mop the floor after as there were actual puddles of sweat on the floor! Will be wearing my sweat bands tomorrow! Feel great though and looking forwards to tomorrow to get better at the new routine.

Good luck everyone :)
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done. Man I still REALLY struggle with the anterior raises. I usually use 5 or 8lb dumbbells for everything, but with those I use 2 cans of pork 'n' beans. hehe! I must be lacking some critical muscle that I need for that movement. Today I tried to do half with the 5lbs and whoa I was hurting!

@KatiaR: I actually am not even able to kick my *kitten* during butt-kicks on either side! I couldn't believe it, figured my rear was sticking out enough that it wouldn't be a problem. hehe!

Two more days ladies and then to Level 2!!! WooHoo!

Well that sounds like good news if your butt isn't sticking out that much that you can't even kick it! I must have a weird butt since my right side sticks out more, either that or my left leg doesn't work as well as my right one. Never gave it much thought before but I think I may have a bigger butt complex than I previously thought!

Enjoy D9 :)
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done! One more at this level. I'm getting so bored with this level, :yawn: likely because this is my second round. I'm already dreaming of doing Ripped in 30 in October. Wish everyone well!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Done with Day 9, Level 1 (I am doing back to back 30DS, August and September) and I added in Level 1 Lower of the Butt Bible when I got done. Looking forward to the fun planks in Level 2 of 30DS. : )
  • shannonevan
    shannonevan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    D3L1.. it's getting easier everyday!:happy:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I was so tired form work yesterday that I missed my work out....but I plan on started Level 2 on Monday so whether I reach 1o days at level 1 or not...

I was thinking of doing the work out twice on Saturday and Sunday to catch up on the 2 days I missed, what do you guys think?
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Day 9 done! One more at this level. I'm getting so bored with this level, :yawn: likely because this is my second round. I'm already dreaming of doing Ripped in 30 in October. Wish everyone well!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:

I plan on doing Ripped in 30 in October too and then Insanity afterwards :tongue:
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing the work out twice on Saturday and Sunday to catch up on the 2 days I missed, what do you guys think?

I think a few other members have done that in this group to stay on track ...so should n't be a problem!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Day 9, Level 1 Complete, 1 more day! still a workout nonetheless. I'm happy to hear more people are thinking about doing Ripped in October, I just received "Ripped in 30" the other day from ebay:happy: So I'm looking forward to starting it October too!

Quick question, I noticed that others also do other workouts in addition, to 30 day Shred, if you do, what else are you doing?
  • prolinkeqp
    Options
    Level 1 - Day 1 completed....at 5:30 am! Since I am NOT a morning person that is a HUGE feat!!! But I have realized that's the only way to get this done. I know I am starting later than every one else but if I commit to logging in and writing down that I have completed the work out every day....that should help keep me on track this time!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options

I think a few other members have done that in this group to stay on track ...so should n't be a problem!

OK I'll try that then....cause I'm starting Rip in October for sure..

I also do Zumba a couple times a week if I can fit it in
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    D5L1 done! First time with real weights (2lbs) and definitely harder!
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done. Woo hoo!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Day 9, Level 1 Complete, 1 more day! still a workout nonetheless. I'm happy to hear more people are thinking about doing Ripped in October, I just received "Ripped in 30" the other day from ebay:happy: So I'm looking forward to starting it October too!

Quick question, I noticed that others also do other workouts in addition, to 30 day Shred, if you do, what else are you doing?

Well, what else do I do? Mondays, Wednesday and Saturday's I run 35 min on M, 45 on Wed, 75 on Sat. Tues and Thurs I lift pretty heavy and then ride a stationary bike for 15-20 min Fridays are fun day, usually I cybex (like an elliptical on steroids) I didn't want to lose my endurance so I kept running. I didn't want to lose my strength so I wasn't willing to give up lifting...
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done. I noticed yesterday that I was sore and not feeling great so I just walked my dogs and took the day off 30DS. I do not plan on making that day up unless I do L1 an extra day. We'll see. Doing five lb weights on most of the exercises!
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started today! Day 1 level 1 used 5 pound weights! It was GREAT! I think I'm going to have to keep up with my running too though because I just don't feel like I've done enough with just 20 minutes hehehe :-) but I feel GREAT! I am looking forward to tomorrow!!!
  • damonbrodie
    Options
    I have been losing about 1.5lbs per week on average for the past 3 months. 1 week on the 30DS and I've lost 4 lbs this week alone - without any other changes. Its tough but worth it!
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr!! I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Jillian! LOL.

I started the challenge a few days late so I've been doing L1 twice per day w/5 lb weights and amazingly it is getting easier. I've been afraid to weigh in because I've been doing A LOT of other exerices too, and worry about some water retention but I'm thinking I should take some measurements to see whats happening! :-)
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    jumping in here! i just finished day 4! its getting easier, but i am still glistening with sweat at the end of it!
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    Just finished D10L1 and looking forward to moving on again. Although, I just remembered that L2 kicked my rear last time......oh well. It will be nice to have some new moves again. I use 5 pound weights on all the exercises now, except for the anterior raises - still need 3 pounders for those!