Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Good for you beej0127. Glad to have you on board :p
  • ladycopnh1
    Hey, I was just doing dishes and as we have to admit when we're doing our chores our minds tend to wander........
    I thought, being as how eminater is going to be the first to reach her ultimate goal ( I know you can do this girl ),
    We can all go to her house for a celebration !!! ( just kidding of course).

But I got to thinking about salads
    lets do an off the chart fun game.
    How many salads can you think off ? Pretend your at the ultimate buffet.
    ( doesn't have to be diet worthy )

1. toss salad
    2. corncob salad
    3. taco salad
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Starting Weight: 243.8

Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:

Total January loss:

Feb. 02:
    Feb. 09:
    Feb. 16:
    Feb. 23:

Total February loss:

Mar. 02:
    Mar. 09:
    Mar. 16:
    Mar. 23:
    Mar. 30:

Total March loss:

Apr. 06:
    Apr. 13:
    Apr. 20:
    Apr. 27:

Total April loss:
  • ladycopnh1
    Welcome rikwaynik, glad to have you with us.
    ( .....virtual hug.....)
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Thank you. :)
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Im sorry that ive been out of the group last yr. Im back and ready to loose again. Between a knee surgury june 2019 and starting my 2020 with a broken foot resulting in surgury. I went from 235.to 266. My goal is to loose the lbs I gained by the summer.
    Jan.1- 266.0
  • MarkChandra
    MarkChandra Posts: 22 Member
    Dammit, I'm in!

Broke 200 a year out of police academy. I was 190 when I got out but big in a good way. That fell away in no time.
    9 years later I'm 244. I got down to 207 two years ago on here. Divorce, child custody, and work stress have not been kind. Add in a typical cop diet and sitting in a car and it adds up quick.
    I started back one week ago as of today and motivated. Lost 6lbs this week, down to 238. Feeling good about it and myself. Goal is 190 though I'd be alright with 200 if I'm fit and lose that 44 on the end.

I'm currently 35, just had a baby and switched to dayshift. It's all been positive this year so far! My partner is also losing weight. She gained 10 during her pregnancy and has lost 30, helping each other out. Doing daily foot patrols and hitting that regular step goal too.

Feel free to add me if you wish as well.
  • ladycopnh1
    Stella ! welcome back. I'm so glad to hear from you !!

Mark - my brother in blue, I can SOOO relate to what happened to you. I weighed 170pds and that was "safe" for me cuz I was a Correctional Officer in a men's prison for just shy of 24yrs. I needed some muscle on me at the time. but then I retired and blew up to 253. I went from being on my feet 8-16hrs five days a week to sitting in a car 8hrs a day driving my dad back and forth from dialysis while my mom fought Lymphoma. I can relate to stress.

#1. pack a healthy lunch
    #2. Keep active whenever you can, like the academy, keep braking a sweat, get that heart rate up for at least
    30min. a day.

You'll be surprised at the results.
    Welcome back.
  • ladycopnh1
    Starting Weight: 256
    I weigh in on Tuesdays

Jan. 05: 249
    Jan. 12:
    Jan. 19:
    Jan. 26:

Total January loss:
  • r_jen
    r_jen Posts: 279 Member
    I am in! Since I am starting late I will weigh in tomorrow and use it as my starting weight.
    2020 like many took a toll on me and I put my health on the back burner. I have been stress eating and have gained 35 pounds this past year. I lost my mother unexpectedly at the beginning of Covid. I also work in health care so been stressed every day at work. But I will not let it defeat me and I am ready to get back on the wagon. My first goal is to be back under 200.
  • dascal
    dascal Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. My name is Fran. Finally, I found a group that I think could help me stay honest. I am best with accountability. I currently weigh 235 and would love to join this group. My weight loss is all over the place. Prior to kids I ran marathons, did a triatholon and was in great shape. With each child, I have 4, I would gain 30-50 lbs with each pregnancy and before you know it my weight ballooned to over 220. Trying to keep up with 4 kids should have kept me in shape but I think it gave me more of an excuse to eat. At one point the scale hit 275. I knew that was the wrong answer and made a determination to lose the weight. When I got to 245, I decided to start a Biggest Loser Group at work. It was amazing 20 of us worked our butts off and I dropped to 201....so close to that elusive 100 category. I kept it off for a year or so and then it started creeping back up. Last year I got up to 237 so starting in Jan.2020 I started my own thing since I had just retired. By June I was down to 220. Well guess what....I am back up to 235 and know I need accountability. Also, since I hit menopause, the weight does NOT come off like it used to, in fact it is extremely difficult to drop the weight. I feel like a hamster running on one of those round things and getting nowhere fast!
    I also have a future additional problem with weight loss. I am having knee replacement surgery in 2 weeks, but I'm committed to getting this done anyway. As a nurse, I know the extra weight is detrimental to rehabbing a knee, so I am actually hoping to get at least 5 off in the next 2 weeks.
    I would love to join this group. I need you all to keep me honest and in return I will be supportive and keep you honest on your weight loss journey
    I have 60 pages of catching up to do. Do you post daily intake/exercises or just do a weekly weigh in? I will go back and read.
    I am excited. Having done this before with a group, I know it can work! I really want to get below that 200 mark some time this year. I am looking forward to getting to know you!
  • ladycopnh1
    First off Welcome r_jen & dascal. You are more than welcome.

Look at it this way, if you only loose 1pd a week, you will loose an estimated amount of 53pds by Dec. 31st.
    Keep in mind your food intake to your exercise output.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    edited January 2021
    Weigh in - Thursday's

OSW - 257.7 lbs
    CSW - 213.8 lbs
    APRIL
    02/04/2020 - 211.8 lbs
    09/04/2020 - 209.2 lbs
    16/04/2020 - 206.8 lbs
    23/04/2020 - 207.0 lbs - I'll smash it next week, I'm sure!:wink::
    30/04/2020 - 203.2 lbs -:sweat_smile:SMASHED IT!
    April Loss: 8.6 lbs
    April goal - 20x.x ✅
    MAY
    07/05/2020 - 201.6 lbs
    14/05/2020 - 201.2 lbs
    21/05/2020 - 198.2 lbs
    28/05/2020 - 198.4 lbs
    May Loss-to-date: 4.8 lbs
    May goal - 19x.x ✅

JANUARY 2021 - I want to loose 60 lbs this year. Just because 2020 wasn't my year is no reason to give up.
    Dec 31, 2020 - 213.8 lbs
    Jan 6th, 2021 - 211.6 lbs

Many successes this week. I've been logging more consistently and I've stopped drinking that evening beer / wine. My food choices are a bit up and down still ... but getting better.

January 2021 goal - 20x.x
    March 2021 - 19x.x
    May 2021 goal - 18x.x
    Ultimate goal weight - under 150 lbs
  • r_jen
    r_jen Posts: 279 Member
    Starting Weight: 228

Jan. 08: 226
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:

Total January loss:
  • ladycopnh1
    Great job r_jen, you should be feeling alot better. Keep going.
  • ladycopnh1
    My ultimate weight lose will be: 116pds
    My short term goal is: 28pds
    My weight lose for January: 8 - 10pds
  • Weigh-in:
    SW:296
    LW (11/26) 244
    CW: 246

I'll feel better when I'm back down below where I was when I stopped, but I feel much better to be at 246 instead of 251, which is where I was at the beginning of the month.

I've also altered when I take my psych meds, so that I have my brain working still in the evening and I can actually do something besides sit around and read and eat. That was a persistent problem. If I move the second dose to 3 pm, I think I still get my brain till bedtime, but I also have the ability to go to sleep between ten and eleven at night.

When I'm on my meds, I have room between the "snack?!" impulse and the action to say, "No, you're just thirsty" or "No, you just ate, let it process," or "I'm going to bed in ten minutes I'm not eating now." When I'm not, I don't.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    1/1-266.0
    1/8-262.2
  • cmandevi
    cmandevi Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I would like to join. I was always a little over weight (20-30) lbs but since meeting my now husband I have gained 95 lbs. I just turned 50 in August and have an 11 year old daughter. I need to get this weight off and be healthy for her.

We have a trip planned to the Galapagos at the end of March that was postponed from last year. I was motivated to drop some weight for that already but the real trigger for me was skiing over New Years. I haven't skiied in 30 years and it was probably insane to try at my age, weight and fitness level but I did, I never fell and had an absolute blast. That day reminded me of just how much I love being outdoors and playing. My husband too. I don't want to waste anymore time on my couch playing games on my phone. And I need to make sure my daughter is learning healthy habits as well. She is fit as a fiddle and runs like a deer through the woods...I want her to keep that up!

I re-committed even more after skiing to lose 75 lbs by the end of Aug...my next Bday when I will be 51. I have another ski trip planned for Feb 19th and would love to drop a quick 15 before then. Galapagos is March 25 so 2 near term events to focus on.

The majority of my weight issues are due to sitting around too much and I love my wine. Usually when I get active I drop weight fairly quickly. My focus now is walking at least 5 miles/day with 4 days of elliptical and 2 days of strength training. I also force myself to eat at least 7 servings of fruits and veggies and drink 80oz of water/day.

I weigh all my food and account for every calorie. Since I am a littl late joining, I weighed 235.8 on January 1 and am down to 231.8 as of this morning Jan 8. (All water and bloat from the holidays!!)

I'm excited to do this with you all!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Would love to join if it's not too late.