SO MUCH TO GAIN

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Strength, muscle and functional mobility. I don't care about the number on the scale and weight loss isn't my goal but being active and strong...those are important to me. It is looking like another year without Highland Games so I will take this year as an opportunity to train and condition. Going to the gym (as long as it is open) to work with my trainer continues. When the weather improves, I will work with my throw coach again. I also include a daily yoga practice to end my day.
  • kaycoes
    kaycoes Posts: 54 Member
    Elephant in the room: Confidence

All other satellite stuff: weight loss, better eating habits, self control, new skills. Did I mention confidence?

Oh, and confidence.

THIS. So hard. Self confidence is what I need to gain. Also, improved mental health. Clear out the gloom and cobwebs and make more room for joy.

Yes!
  • miallbena8190
    miallbena8190 Posts: 29 Member
    I am looking to gain strength, fitness and confidence in my body. I have tried to focus on fitness in the past and had mixed results. This time it is for the long term and I finally have the time and drive in my life to do it.
  • Gain: More discipline to do more of the things I know will drive long term health. And perspective that i have made gains - just have more of a journey still to go....
  • gladz2014
    gladz2014 Posts: 28 Member
    jerrys96 wrote: »
    Hopefully this year i will gain a bit more acceptance of my self-image and my flaws and eating weaknesses.
    Hopefully this year i will stop criticising myself so hard.
    Hopefully this year i will make my first steps towards establishing a life-long diet that is sustainable, that i enjoy ,that fits me.
    Lastly, hopefully this year the goals i set for my body and my diet are more well defined and feasible ,therefore more approachable.
    I owe this to my best friend, whom i meet everytime i look into the mirror or i put on my clothes. Whom i have lately been letting down and torturing with guilt, with large weight fluctuations throughout my life.
    My best friend's mental health deserves the world and no matter if i keep my promise or not, i won't give up on him and i will keep fighting my demons until the end.
    For i must believe in the process and for i have no other choice but to keep on fighting.

You got this. Rooting for you and your best friend to come out of this year moving toward your goal. Patience and love for ourselves at any stage of the journey is so important. Keep fighting and as someone told me, its a journey and less of a destination.
  • bjtamkin
    bjtamkin Posts: 1 Member
    Health, confidence, and strength!
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    A healthier, fitter body
  • SarahsBestLife
    SarahsBestLife Posts: 10 Member
    Energy, Confidence, Self-Love, and a body that feels good.
  • bfgjb
    bfgjb Posts: 1 Member
    I want to improve my overall health. I fight several autoimmune conditions and I'm sure less weight to carry around would help me continue my active lifestyle (when Covid lets us!). I'm a sugar addict so since I joined MFP in late December I've been trying to reduce my sugar intake by trying to eatfewer carbs. I'm 69 years old with 50 pounds to lose. Would like to have several friends to share/exchange ideas.
  • SmorganA28
    SmorganA28 Posts: 31 Member
    A better and healthier me and friends. I dont know how to add people. But add or message me if anyone wants to🖤🖤💪
  • chappletiffany
    chappletiffany Posts: 2 Member
    I gave birth In October. I want to gain health and strength to take care of myself and my baby girl. I also want to have the energy to get through the day when I return to work, and still have enough to spend time with my baby and husband when I get home.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    GAIN & KEEP: A changed mindset. To always choose to do what is best, and healthiest for my current and future self.

Being a 10 year member of MFP has taught me that its never too late to start or begin again and to trust the process.
  • GoNatGo2016
    GoNatGo2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Looking to gain a better future and healthy habits.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    I want to gain the freedom to wear anything from any store that I so choose. I want to be light enough that I won't worry that I'd throw out the backs of health care providers who may have to lift me ( I go in for surgery quite often due to disability). I want to gain a world that's bigger. Now I know losing weight won't cure the disability I was born with, but it will make movement easier and make more places I could go into if I could walk better. Not all spaces are wheelchair accessible. Mostly though I just want to gain confidence in my body and it's strengths, and find ways to work around it's limitations so I can have a fuller life