What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2021
    @RelCanonical welcome back!!! I’ve missed you!

Have you tried the Progresso light Italian Wedding soup? That’s my go to for a light fast lunch or sooo dinner. It’s so good!

It’s about 160 for the whole can. Can see the side of your photo of the Campbell’s and looks like it is a bit higher?

That reminds me that I used to be obsessed with progresso light soups during my "soup phase" when I first started counting calories. I would eat 1-2 a day, lol. My favorite were the italian wedding, savory vegetable barley, zesty sana fe style chicken, and italian style meatball.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    alpine style cheese is swiss, gruyere, etc.

The more you know! I also love all of those. I haven’t had gruyere in ages... Must get some.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

The more you know! I also love all of those. I haven’t had gruyere in ages... Must get some.

yesterday I stress ate and entire brick of swiss cheese. sooo.... ya
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

:o
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

:'(
  • amberzahra6
    amberzahra6 Posts: 3 Member
    Surprisingly can't think of any obsession, which is a great surprise in itself. I guess I am eating different fruits because of this plan on MFP, do yeah good obsession. Mind you, it's only been a week since I am trying to build better habits.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member

You’re looking at this backwards. Cup half empty. What would you have eaten before? If you were like me, a family pack of Oreos, a couple bags of Pepperidge Farm, a loaf of bakery bread. Instead, you ate.......cheese. Nutritious, filling, non-sugar-laden, healthy fat providing cheese. See? Cup half full again!
  • pancakerunner

You’re looking at this backwards. Cup half empty. What would you have eaten before? If you were like me, a family pack of Oreos, a couple bags of Pepperidge Farm, a loaf of bakery bread. Instead, you ate.......cheese. Nutritious, filling, non-sugar-laden, healthy fat providing cheese. See? Cup half full again!

That's how i see it too!
  • springlering62
    Alright @Noreenmarie1234 apply your snack magic to this one. It’s on the very vergey edge of being something lovely:

Cooked rolled oats, then add:
    Peanut butter powder
    A tiny dash of cacao or cocoa powder
    A wee bit of sweetener

I’m thinking a pinch of salt to brighten the flavors?

Whatever, even the empty bowl smells like perfume.
  • pancakerunner

That's how i see it too!

For the most part I do low carb... so imo 800 calories of cheese is better than 800 calories of anything else. and I enjoyed it so w/e
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Salt. In the last week I have been dying for soy sauce, salted hardboiled eggs, cured meat, cheetos, popcorn with extra sea salt... I like salt don’t get me wrong, but this week I feel like I need a salt lick :p
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited January 2021
    This:

https://sabra.com/dips/guacamole/classic-guacamole.html
    (the version with lime is excellent as well)

Call me addicted...

(Sabra is not my favorite hummus brand, but the guac is out of this world, imo.)

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Alright @Noreenmarie1234 apply your snack magic to this one. It’s on the very vergey edge of being something lovely:

Cooked rolled oats, then add:
    Peanut butter powder
    A tiny dash of cacao or cocoa powder
    A wee bit of sweetener

I’m thinking a pinch of salt to brighten the flavors?

Whatever, even the empty bowl smells like perfume.

What kind of perfume do you buy!? I want perfume that smells like chocolate peanut butter 😂😋!!!

That sounds delicious! I’d make volume oats that way and add pinch of salt and some Jordan’s sugar free syrup. Maybe the cookie dough or peanut butter cup or sugar cookie. Or if I was feeling like the extra cals some chocolate chips! 5hnpc11yo1dv.jpeg
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

Have you tried the Progresso light Italian Wedding soup? That’s my go to for a light fast lunch or sooo dinner. It’s so good!

It’s about 160 for the whole can. Can see the side of your photo of the Campbell’s and looks like it is a bit higher?

Hmm, I love Italian wedding soup. For lunch when I always worked from my office a local place had a good decent cal Italian Wedding soup that I would sometimes get. I should try this and if I like it (as I expect) get it as a go-to on a lazy night.

As a kid/into my 20s I loved Progresso clam chowder and it would be an easy meal. Haven't had it forever, wonder how it is.
  • lemurcat2
    My Dijon and spicy mustard stash 😅.

Adore all dijon and spicy mustards. Again, I will promote the WI mustard museum. (I do hate sweet mustard blends like a honey mustard.)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited January 2021

Thanks! It's good to be back hanging out.

I've been eating the soups as meals, so that soup might be a little low for me, haha! Maybe I can add crackers to it, that'd be delicious.
  • lemurcat2

That's how i see it too!

Eh, not to be a jerk, but eating a crazy amount of cheese was actually more common for me in my obese days than eating tons of ultra processed things or sugary things or even bread (as good bread was less likely to be at hand and cheese is much more calorie dense). Not saying this is a big problem for you -- I still enjoy quality cheese -- but I am not convinced that cheese is somehow better inherently because not sugary (I say as someone not especially into sugary things and yet who can easily gain weight).

But if cals for the week or whatever were on point or a rare thing, enjoy the cheese. I had extra cheese over the holidays with no guilt.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

That's how i see it too!

For the most part I do low carb... so imo 800 calories of cheese is better than 800 calories of anything else. and I enjoyed it so w/e

ok...I was envisioning it being some massive block of cheese...Glad you enjoyed it, but eating this would totally mess with my 'system' for days lol!
  • pancakerunner
    senalay788 wrote: »
    When on sale I always stock up on these. A bag is a perfect serving size for a volume eater or two normal uman beings. They lose very little water when defrosted and have great texture. Every one of my meals you see with shrimp, its a bag of these.

16-20-shell-off-min.png

THAT SHRIMP
  • springlering62
    Wait? What did I miss? Someone negged you on shrimp?!

My favorite Saturday night meal is a pound of boiled or steamed shrimp, a veggie sushi roll, and a crusty Chicago roll. A feast of protein delight for about 500 calories, and half of that is the roll.

I herewith wave my magic wand and undo those disagrees. I saved it up for you.