WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Viv - Could you have a rotator cuff injury? Can take a while to heal. :( Sometimes they give a steroid injection to help.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Rita just wanted to say that colitis is a horrible condition so no need to feel guilty about venting. I hope you get it under some sort of control to make you comfortable.

Happy Birthday - I'm sure I saw it was someone's birthday soon, so sorry I didn't make a note, thought I would remember Ha! I should have known better, if it's your birthday any time soon have a great day. <3

Viv UK <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Heather I think it's more intercostal muscle pain rather than a rotator cuff injury. It hurts when I breathe in and I can't sneeze or cough.

Viv UK <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Poerava14 I like your WOTY. Going with the flow sounds like a good idea. I hope you can find some small way to celebrate your birthday.

Allie: (((hugs)))

The aches and pains of aging are such a frustration. You never know the minute that something will throw you a curveball. I am grateful that two days of taking it easy and liberal embrocation seem to have eased my lower back pain for now.

I have a hearing update appointment Wed this week, and an eye test on 4 Feb.

It's good to know that the vaccines are being rolled out. I await my call with anticipation. DH and I are 74.

Off to do some gentle yoga stretches and have breakfast.

☘️ Terri

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Had a good week re weight loss. Lost 5 lbs ( know that is mostly water but will take it. Gained nearly 14 lbs in last 9 months, I’m blaming lockdowns and broken wrist. Just need to carry on, calories in check and exercise every day.

Things not looking good in UK re COVID but DH and I doing what we’ve been doing all along. Probably be months before we’re offered a vaccine, which will please him as he doesn’t want it anyway. He is 80 in March and I’m 76 in May. The only reason he will get it is if they demand it for foreign travel, which seems likely.

Keep safe everyone

Kate UK ❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, livestream church, dogs to powerline, found HRM right where I left it for easy access ;)
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry, zoom nail party with C & T,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, fire call data into state system, call S, W&M report, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, submit grant pics and receipts, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Monday: follow up call roofer, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514 for dog wash/nail trim appointments, movie date with Joe, Garbo’s Anna Karenina.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments, Happier January:
    10: Thank someone your grateful to and tell them why: yesterday D, today T and C?

Instead of chiding Joe about his grocery choices (pizza, half pack doughnuts, ice cream) I should have congratulated his choice to scale back the doughnuts to half.

Lisa “…the action taken..” Thanks! Got up off my duff and prepped some vegs and fruit for him to snack on instead. With you about the supplements. Have osteoporosis so take calcium and magnesium. Blood work shows me low on D and B12 so I take those every day, along with my psyllium fibre caps.
    KJ your night owl/early bird made me laugh. Sometimes it happens here too but usually he’ll wait ‘til at least that first sip of tea. ;)
    Tina ditto what you said about neighbors, so glad ours are distant here. Impressed you were able to hike 4.5 miles so soon after your troubles and procedure. The pump thief caught on camera made me laugh out loud.
    Heather those pics tell the tale! :love:
    Carol good luck with the vaccine! In Oregon they’re still rationed out to healthcare and first responders only, then care facility residents. Have no idea when Joe can get his. I’ll abstain, even plain ol’ regular flu shots make me sick.
    Welcome @Marise51 in W.Canada!
    Rita please don’t feel guilty, sharing is what we’re here for.
    Oh Allie! I feel for you about the veins ((hugs)) and possible infection. Hope they can find a better way to draw your blood in future. Astounded you were able to get up and do your laps afterward. Bravissima!!!
    Okie SNOW???
    Cathy in Arlington TX SNOW there too?
    Tracey hope the antibiotics have made Ember feel better. So scary when a pup gets sick.
    Viv ditto what Katla said. Did you have your arm/side injury checked out by a medico? What Kay (drkatiebug) said.
    Machka so sad for your neighbor’s dog. :cry: Your dirty clothes story reminded me of two instances. Traveling in England, found a launderette and washed our clothes, but didn’t know you had to run them through the extractor before putting them in the drier. Took forever and lots of money. Then when camped at a dig in Israel, waited til afternoon sun heated the water in the pipe to wash my jeans in the common trough. They dried quickly enough on a line without benefit of extractor, it was HOT! ;)
    Michele sounds like your foot is starting to feel a little better?
    Ginny what reaction did you have to the shingles vaccine?
    Barbie, like Katla, I’m a little jealous your state’s vaccination program seems more advanced than ours.
    Rori thanks for stopping in. Hope you can find some way to fete yourself for your bday. ((hugs))
    Kate congrats on taking off those 5 lbs!

Most used kitchen appliances: range/oven, refrigerator, toaster oven. No microwave here, I put my tea in a thermos to keep it hot. ;) Dishwasher only used for plastic storage, which reminds me… Need to purge/rearrange kitchen cabinets to accommodate plastic so I can empty the dishwasher. When the plumber comes to install the new faucet, he’ll run the dishwasher to make sure all is ok. Then I guess I’ll have to start using it. The gaskets/connections dry out when not used. Oh well, it will be good for sanitizing … ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 10, weigh/wii: 10/1, steps>5592=5598 vits=10 log=10 CI<CO=10 CI<250<CO=9 Tumble 5=9 Shadow 5=9 mfp=10 outside=11 up hill=9
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=2 dance=4 clean 60 mins=2 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142.
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=5 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜🟣🟢💙
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: My wrists are doing okay this morning. The left was more damaged in the fall. I used DMSO on the left wrist and on the left side of my forehead. I bought this product from Amazon. I’ve been using it for many years when it is needed. A physician of mine many years ago told me the DMSO was safe and okay for my external use. :star: Your graduation photo is one that shows triumph! CONGRATULATIONS!

I’m still working my way through my injuries from tripping and falling down the steps behind the fence to the driveway. I hit my head & broke my glasses. The left side of my forehead and eyebrow are tender and achy. I also wrenched my left wrist in the fall. It isn’t broken, but it aches. New glasses lenses are on order. :star:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Thank you Katla!

Just wondering if you've had an MRI on your head yet. It might be a good idea.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Rori -
    birthday wishes for peace and joy, dear heart...

Viv -
    glad you're beginning to heal, sounds exquisitely uncomfortable.

Allie -
    I hurt for you, kiddo, that sounds awful.

Tina in Cali -
    your thief pic made me laugh, not at all what I was expecting.

Katiebug -
    Sorry the damage to the pinky is permanent, and hope your mom's dental work is less grueling than it sounds for all concerned.

Rita -
    I say it a lot here, but comparative pain is not useful. Your pain is yours, and Allie's is hers. This is vent space to say things we can't always say to the people around us, for whatever reason. Glad you're here--you bring a lot to this thread.

Another Monday, back to the week's routine - the only disturbance in the Force being a mammogram and lab tests on Friday. I seriously despise getting my accouterments squozen... especially when they try to fit some of my rib cage in between those paddles as well. First world problem if there ever was, but nonetheless.

My weight is staying exactly the same, and has since the 1st of December... It's oddly unnerving, as I'm eating whatever I choose, and not counting calories. I feel as if the shoe is going to drop soon, and don't know if it's going to hit me in the head or kick me in the butt. I am back to 30 minutes on the elliptical, and three days of that last week, so perhaps that's starting to make a difference... we'll see what the blood tests say on Friday.

Later, y'all,
    Have a good week,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

Instead of chiding Joe about his grocery choices (pizza, half pack doughnuts, ice cream) I should have congratulated his choice to scale back the doughnuts to half.

I guess you still can?

Carol good luck with the vaccine! In Oregon they’re still rationed out to healthcare and first responders only, then care facility residents. Have no idea when Joe can get his. I’ll abstain, even plain ol’ regular flu shots make me sick.

I think in France I, at 57, won't be eligible before the summer for vaccination. It's slow here. I'm not gung ho, not keen on medication,, but I may accept it as a citizen's effort. By the summer we'll have more info/stats on large scale vaccination efforts.
    Oh Allie! I feel for you about the veins ((hugs)) and possible infection. Hope they can find a better way to draw your blood in future. Astounded you were able to get up and do your laps afterward. Bravissima!!!

My sister, a nurse, says I have "good veins", easy to find. (not pretty but good for taking blood!) My other sister however does not and they temporarily put in a port, where they take blood, so it doesn't need to be struggle each time. I wonder if something like that or another spot on body to take blood from is possible for you Allie

• Machka9
    Options
    Where we went on the weekend ... :)

kcr0jdz9hmux.png

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    15 min decluttering shelves in bathroom. partly going through old mostly homeopathic medicine and tossing out those dated till Feb 2021. I don't use medicine much at all so far.

am on recumbent for slow distracted cycle as I type for 20 min. HR only 71!! That is really not much! that's a resting HR! :D maybe something like intensive knitting :D still it must be better than nothing.

went to see therapist partially covered by insurance. she seems nice and not bad. I'll see how it goes. nothing dramatic so far.

Today I need to
    -finish insurance stuff (only got doc late Friday),
    -go for a walk
    -correct some papers for today's class.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Monday -- Hot summer day! The temperature reached a delightful and glorious 36C (96.8F).

So of course I had to go out and walk, walk, walk! In total, I covered 9.1 km between my commute walk, lunch walk and after work beach walk. I also climbed 6 flights of 20 steps.

Sadly, here in Tasmania, we get one day like that then it returns to the previously scheduled cool summer temps. :neutral: It's raining now and tomorrow should only get to 21C.

Still struggling with too much to do and not enough time to do it. Since the uni blinders came off, I see 1001 things that need tending to. However, first I really need to study something for work. I've been dabbling at it and everything else. I've got to get down to business! One thing at a time.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    fo1wkiw41rz0.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Cute puppy pics! Pip- it is one of my "goals" to identify your dogs. Is the most recent pic Floyd, Bullwinkle, and Yogi?
    Machka- Love the Fountain of Youth cartoon! lol Your walk in the warmth sounds glorious!
    Rori- Good to see your post. Love your word for this year. I chose that a couple of years ago. Sometimes you just need to breathe and let things happen.
    Kate- I see your Covid 14 (pound gain) and raise you a Covid 20 (pound gain). There is a 20 pound difference in my weight from pre covid to Christmas week! Luckily, I am already down 5!

most used kitchen appliances- Is the refrigerator/freezer a given (I mean we all have them and use them)? If so, my most used would be stove, oven, microwave. My oldest son, who gifted us with the toaster oven, is a bit upset that we don't use ours as much as he uses his. I don't think he understands that I am cooking/baking for 10 people every day. lol So far, the toaster oven has been used to make toast, warm rolls, bake pizza rolls and melt cheese on nachos (those last two are my hubby's night time snacks; after this chef has gone to bed). Oh well.

ONward! Kids have arrived and I just realized I haven't posted this yet! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Had a pretty decent sleep for a hospital, and got up and did my laps this morning and they are coming to stick me for blood in a bit,after yesterday im very leary
    Dr came in and told me surgery will be friday morning,so im sure a covid test will be on the horizon..
    I do like a mid to late morning meal and then dinner skipping one is no biggie.havent lost much weight as im a hospital setting
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Morning all! Cute puppy pics! Pip- it is one of my "goals" to identify your dogs. Is the most recent pic Floyd, Bullwinkle, and Yogi?
    Machka- Love the Fountain of Youth cartoon! lol Your walk in the warmth sounds glorious!
    Rori- Good to see your post. Love your word for this year. I chose that a couple of years ago. Sometimes you just need to breathe and let things happen.
    Kate- I see your Covid 14 (pound gain) and raise you a Covid 20 (pound gain). There is a 20 pound difference in my weight from pre covid to Christmas week! Luckily, I am already down 5!

most used kitchen appliances- Is the refrigerator/freezer a given (I mean we all have them and use them)? If so, my most used would be stove, oven, microwave. My oldest son, who gifted us with the toaster oven, is a bit upset that we don't use ours as much as he uses his. I don't think he understands that I am cooking/baking for 10 people every day. lol So far, the toaster oven has been used to make toast, warm rolls, bake pizza rolls and melt cheese on nachos (those last two are my hubby's night time snacks; after this chef has gone to bed). Oh well.

ONward! Kids have arrived and I just realized I haven't posted this yet! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

U r right😁
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    p74dngnxt9ha.jpeg