WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise, just steps. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD. I'm getting tired of videos, they're all basically the same. So I'll take my laptop and DVD's

M – I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to be isolated. Be away from people? That just isn’t for me.

Rori – so great to see you. When is your birthday? Happy early birthday!

Barbara – the foot has been feeling great for over a week. The MD said that it healed properly

Meg – so sorry about your cat

Debbie CA – (((HUGS)))

Tracey – happy birthday to Rodger. I hope they can get to the bottom of his issues

Well, I had my sourdough starter sitting on the counter for Christmas, mainly because I didn’t have room in the refrigerator. I’ve been feeding it multiple times/day and so far I haven’t gotten much of a rise. I think I just need to continue to do it.

Jess came here and like I said, she drove all the way thru. Since her classes start on the 19th, I’m thinking that she’ll be going back this weekend.

Michele NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Debby ... so very sorry... hugs.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Debbie, my condolences to you! Hugs.💖
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Debbie, my heart breaks hot you.

Allie, continued prayers for your healing.

Meg, welcome back!

I had a pie crust left over from Thanksgiving that was about to expire and a can of sweet potatoes taking up too much room in the cabinet so made a sweet potato pie from the Skinny Taste site. I only ate a small sliver. It was pretty yummy. The recipe used brown sugar instead of white and only 230 calories for a whole slice. I plan to have a slice tomorrow morning for breakfast!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    thank you ALL for all the messages- I really appreciate it.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori; ❤️ Thinking of you. 🌹⭐️❤️⭐️🌹
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Grateful:
    1.ok night's sleep
    2.colleagues taking up some of the responsibility yesterday in worker's right's things
    3. 20 new signatures on petition yesterday and Sunday after xmas lull.
    4. Comfy bed
    5. Some quality dependable news sources, that are relatively pleasant to read or listen to
    Good things done:
    1.corrected papers (online) during early morning insomnia, and all of this morning's students will have their corrections
    2.finished changing health insurance (very long, lost of scans, calls, mails, registered letter)
    3.did light follow up on worker's rights letter but without spending too much time, and letting others do work.
    4.little walk
    5. short slow incumbent session in morning
    6.uncluttered bathroom shelf and tossed some past date homeopathic medicine
    7. answered snippy professional mail, politely but firmly.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I could go for another snooze after a very early waking this morning, but I have 4h of classes in 2h...last of the semester...
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    In 1hr, sorry. Still impossible to modify posts these days on MFP for me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    After work, checked out a local rivulet to see if it might be suitable for canoeing ... this is only 2 or 3 km away from where we live.

egqt2xunwv3i.png

M in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Debbie)))
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Meg
    It's so good to see you again. Hope all is going well for you...

Debbie

I woke up thinking of you--I know I've already said it, but I'm just so sorry for the loss of your dad.

Spent all morning yesterday swapping my sewing area and my office. Now that I'm no longer working, I'm not in my office 8 to 10 hours a day, so need much less within my reach. Sewing quilts on a machine, on the other hand, always takes up significant room, so that 8-foot by 4-foot desk that Corey made for me will come in seriously handy...

The good part is that, even though I can no longer hear the washing machine and dishwasher from my computer, I have this view:
    1vawt9t2l1gq.jpg

I even started it myself, something I usually leave for my husband, mainly because I'm a complete princess and hate getting my hands dirty!
    :smiley:
    OK, that's not completely true, but I definitely prefer to get my hands dirty only when I choose. Much like sweating--I don't mind sweating during any self-chosen exercise... but I do NOT like sweating when it is not my idea and I'm not dressed for it. OK, yes, I am a princess.
    :blush:

Today is finishing up the shifting around for my sewing space so everything that's needed is in reach, and working on my niece's quilt. It's 18 degrees here this morning (-8 C) and definitely a morning to be tootling around inside the house.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Sending thoughts and prayers of peace and comfort to you and your family! Healing vibes for those recovering from C-19.

Meg- Hello and hugs to you!

Heather- That is Bea, correct? o:) Boy, how fast time flies!

Kids are here. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Xandriad
    Xandriad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) New Year's Eve went better than I expected. There were fireworks set off near enough to our neighborhood to be noisy, but Bessie wasn't as stressed as she has been in years past. She came out into the living room to be with us while we were awake and then she came and slept on the floor next to my side of the bed overnight so she was far away from the window and any exterior wall. Thus I slept well, too.

:) I averaged over 14,000 steps a day in 2020. What helped keep the average high, was the decision I made to walk in the evening. I finished today with over 14,000 steps so I've made a good beginning to the year.

My word for 2021 is "lighten up"---yes, I know it's two words, but you get the idea.

:) I don't see resolutions as measurable as much as attitudes to help me do better. I can resolve to lighten up, be more active, be more cheerful, drink more water and have them be guiding principles each day.

:) There's a basket of laundry on the table and in honor of my resolution to "lighten up", I'm going to leave it until tomorrow morning.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• Xandriad
    Xandriad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! 14,000 steps is wonderful. Good post.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    KJ - Correct! :D
    Who is this smudgy faced beauty?

1w5yfcmlcsco.jpg

:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    After work, checked out a local rivulet to see if it might be suitable for canoeing ... this is only 2 or 3 km away from where we live.

egqt2xunwv3i.png

M in Oz

I love that landscape!

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon Heather, I love the hair straight up!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Heather that is definitely Edie. She and Bea have different eyes/face shape. Doll babies!