WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS Pip! :drinker: It looks great from the pics.

Feeling better this morning after a night's sleep. <3 I will be writing about him in the next volume of my memoir, but I might get another poem going. I looked for the box of memories I kept of him last night, but couldn't lay my hands on it. He wrote a few quite wonderful poems about me.

No news on vaccinations yet. Our area is well behind others in the country. Grrrrrr! You have to wait until you are notified and then book an appointment.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,109 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Heather: Sorry to hear about your old flame. Very compassionate of his wife to let you know. (((Hugs)))
    Allie: Whatever is needed, I hope they get it done soon. 💖

It’s good that they are rolling out the vaccines, albeit slowly in many areas. Such mass production is fraught with teething problems, so patience is required. We’ve survived this far, s just need to hang in there and wait our turn.

Breakfast time 😘 Back soon.

☘️Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Happy birthday, Cheri!

Congratulations, Pip! The pictures of the new condo and grounds look absolutely lovely.

Heather, I'm glad you woke feeling less upset. Losing those we loved once is always disturbing, and it sounds like an amazing relationship. Why did you part, if you don't mind my asking? None of my business, so ignore me if you'd rather not share the answer, or if it would hurt too much.

Allie, hope there are resolutions in sight soon. Hang in there, my friend. Many healing thoughts winging your way...

Quiet Sunday in progress--after I finish this, am doing a little writing for pay again, mostly marketing/blog posts for various companies. The cash is nice, they pay each week, and while it's not just tons of money, it's not much stress, either. Corey won't be up for another couple hours, laundry is in the dryer. Life is good.

Well, except for my weight, which has started creeping up this last week. Honeymoon is over, time to buckle down and get my food intake under control... catch it before it goes too far.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Cheri - Happy Birthday to you. I hope your new year is a kind one.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I could simply sleep in. I purposely stayed up way beyond my bedtime and I still awakened at 4:30 am. I guess it just isn’t in the cards for me. I certainly miss those late teen/early 20’s years when I could sleep until noon! 😊

As mentioned yesterday I am meeting a co-worker this afternoon up in Delray Beach. I am frustrated because plans are always loose and I prefer a schedule. All week she mentioned meeting up on Sunday. When I asked what time she said she would call me Sunday. Well, that doesn’t work for me. I texted her yesterday around noon and she finally got back to me with a time at 7:30 pm! I understand some are not planners, but one does not want to wait around all day for someone to call them at noon and say, oh, let’s meet at 1:00. She is always asking me out and I usually turn her down because of this. I think I may mention it again to her I prefer a meet up time. Plans, restaurants, etc. do not need to be nailed down – it’s always nice to walk the “Ave” and just stop at a place that looks interesting.
    Lisa – It seems the two of us have the same sleeping pattern. Although I do “complain” about not sleeping in, I do enjoy the quiet of the morning and watching the sunrise.

I hope everyone has or had a wonderful Sunday.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish I could simply sleep in. I purposely stayed up way beyond my bedtime and I still awakened at 4:30 am. I guess it just isn’t in the cards for me. I certainly miss those late teen/early 20’s years when I could sleep until noon! 😊 ...
    Lisa – It seems the two of us have the same sleeping pattern. Although I do “complain” about not sleeping in, I do enjoy the quiet of the morning and watching the sunrise.
    SuziQ – SFL

SuziQ, I remember sleeping in, but not how it actually felt, if that makes sense! If I could sleep in, I certainly would, but I've been getting up super early for a few decades now. I honestly haven't had an alarm clock for at least 20 years. I love the idea that there are only a few people that are up besides me; it's almost as if the mental atmosphere is less crowded that way.

Later y'all,
    Happy Sunday
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish I could simply sleep in. I purposely stayed up way beyond my bedtime and I still awakened at 4:30 am. I guess it just isn’t in the cards for me. I certainly miss those late teen/early 20’s years when I could sleep until noon! 😊 ...
    SuziQ – SFL

SuziQ, I remember sleeping in, but not how it actually felt, if that makes sense! If I could sleep in, I certainly would, but I've been getting up super early for a few decades now. I honestly haven't had an alarm clock for at least 20 years. I love the idea that there are only a few people that are up besides me; it's almost as if the mental atmosphere is less crowded that way.

Later y'all,
    Happy Sunday
    Lisa in AR

I've never lost the ability to sleep till noon. I was up at 11:30 am the past two mornings and could have easily slept till noon or 1 pm or longer but felt that I should probably drag myself out of bed.

Occasionally I wish I could comfortably get up earlier, but I just feel so "yuck" when I try.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Cheri!!🎂 <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Cheri!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday!
    I slept in this morning (well 730 instead of 530). Then my eyes popped open and up for coffee I went. Lisa- I like the mental quiet statement. I think do too.

My husband, I think, really wants this new Bronco Sport. For the time being I probably talked him out of it. We are not lacking in vehicle choices to drive. My Flex is what we would replace, but it is paid for. I only put about 50 miles on it last year. Normally put less than 1000 miles a year on it. Why buy something new that will just sit in the garage? That was my "arguement" against a new one. Yes, the Bronco is smaller, which is something I wanted, but I just don't think it is smart. Besides, my Flex has new battery, new tires, and new brakes within the last 2 years. The brakes because it sat outside in the winter after being driven in salt the 6 months my daughter had it. We will see what he decides, but I dont want to get rid of the Flex.

Happy birthday to Cheri!🥳
    Congratulations to Pip!🙌
    Hugs for Allie!🙏
    Warm thoughts and hugs for all!

I will do a little laundry today. Read a little. Do a little training, work on my cross-stitch. I will dance for 15 mins.Get in hot tub. It is grey and gloomy outside. Suppose to snow more. It comes down hard and fast for a short while, then stops. The yard was white last night, yet this morning only the wooden sidewalk is.

TTFN!
    Kylia in Ohio trying to make her own sunshine and THANKFUL for my support circle!

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Happy Birthday Cheri :flowerforyou:

For the next few weeks will need to walk Drew along main rode in the bike lane. Sidewalks are just too iffy. At Least we have a main road we can get too. When we come in I play fetch with her so she can get some running in. With that greyhound in her if she doesn't get some running everyday it gets her too wound up.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,109 Member
    Options
    Cheri: 🍾🥂🎂 Happy Birthday 🎂🥂🍾

Pip: Congratulations on getting your offer accepted.

Barbie: Men feel that fixing things is part of their job description. 😂 With DH, I have got into the habit that, when he starts offering solutions, I just tell him that I'm not looking for a solution, just venting. It's beginning to bear fruit.

I wake up early no matter what I do. Luckily, I don't seem to need the standard 8 hours a night.

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    KJ I love that insurance idea! My insurance is almost $17,000 per year now. It has been at least 4 years since they had to pay much more than $2000 out for annuals and my 2 prescriptions. Even a percentage of that saved would have been awesome! Side note- the company pays my insurance so I have to remember that when I think I dont make much. ;) Small businesses dont have the insurance options large ones do.

It is snowing again. Showered. Sheets in laundry. So day started.

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk today, Fitbit says burned 300cals used MapMyWalk on phone for the first time, says burned 264cals. So not too much difference. This plus my morning workout totals nearly 800cals.
    Had home made lentil soup for lunch and will have boiled bacon and cabbage for dinner so all good so far. Fortunately DH has not bought any cake today.😀

Going to cook lamb shanks (@ la Hairy Bikers) tomorrow in slow cooker, haven’t done this before. Looking forward to this.

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Cheri

835df11c8jbw.png