30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Replies

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I typically weigh in on Fridays. I will be 43 in March, and really need to step up my game.
    1/8: 158

March what? I will be 53 in March 20th

March 4th. Happy early birthday!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I typically weigh in on Fridays. I will be 43 in March, and really need to step up my game.
    1/8: 158

March what? I will be 53 in March 20th

March 4th. Happy early birthday!

Happy Early Birthday to you as well!! :)
  • michelleal1990
    michelleal1990 Posts: 11 Member
    Today I'm planning a macdonalds lunch. It might sound counter intuitive as I'm trying to lose weight, but if it fits in your calorie goal, that's alright isn't it ?

You got that! Remember long term that a day off won't hurt, as long as you track and get back on the next day. To curb the fast food cravings we've been buying fancy TV dinners to have on hand. Don't feel like cooking? Well thankfully I have a 400cal enchilada in the freezer that I can make faster than going through the drive through.
  • michelleal1990
    michelleal1990 Posts: 11 Member
    eminater wrote: »
    I'll weight in on Wednesdays. I am going to set ambitious goals afterreading@frankwbrown's inspirational quotes. Since it's a 30 lbs challenge, I will make that my goal.

Good luck to everyone else on reaching your goals.

Dec 30th 211.0 lbs

Jan 6nd 211.6 lbs - I've had a enough NSVs this week not to worry about this "gain"
    Jan 13th 212.1 lbs - it seems I am going in the wrong direction? I think in the long term, the loss will

Are you weighing food? I find that I'm incredibly inaccurate at eyeballing and eat significantly more if I'm not making sure my tracking is accurate.

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,482 Member
    I like the 150 calorie Think! bars. My dietitian recommended these. Make sure you check the calories....some are more than 150.
  • trwhitney2627
    trwhitney2627 Posts: 36 Member
    I also like the Think! high protein bars but I'm careful to use them only on days when I do a lot of exercise (mostly cardio - hiking/walking) because the bars I use are 240 calories (20 grams of protein). Sometimes, I cut a bar in half.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,126 Member
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Something that is really helping me right now... protein bars. I know there is some mixed feelings about these. In the past I have avoided them because of added sugar and not so natural ingredients. However, I’m changing my tune on this. I’ve been including one protein bar for my mid afternoon snack for many reasons:
    1. I struggle to get enough protein
    2. It helps curb my ‘eat everything in site between the end of the workday and dinner’ habit
    3. It is a little daily treat so I don’t feel deprived

So... are protein bars a part of your plan? If so, what’s your favourite kind?

I too struggle to get enough protein. So, I eat/drink protein shakes, beef (sweet and hot) jerky, and protein bars. I also make tuna patties and salmon patties.
    My favorite protein bars are Zone Perfect: a variety of them, but especially Chocolate Almond Raisin and Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk. I've tried other bars, but I find most to be too dense and paste-like.