Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    @mainelylisa

Strap a pillow to your butt ; - )

In the olden days they used to use phone books for goalie pads.

I always wear knee pads. I was taught that if you feel yourself falling to punch your arms straight forward so that you will fall forward and not land on your tailbone. I fell on my tailbone so many times before learning about the punching forward. My knee pads slide, so the impact is reduced.

Ice sux here right now, I tried on one of the lakes today where people had shoveled, but it was not good.
    On one of the lakes the fire department maintains the rink portion. I skated there yesterday and it was pretty good for outdoor ice, still bumpy and rough in spots.

Such a cute outfit that you had on : - )
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    @Womona several years ago I had a night like that. Felt no urge to drink in the least (not like me) we were also camping at the beach, so party drinking atmosphere. Anyways that evening I got a call from a local sheriff that my mom had fallen and I needed to go meet her at the hospital. I was so thankful that I was totally sober to make that 2 hour drive at the last minute.

9 out of 11 days AF

Wow!!!! It’s like our bodies know something our minds don’t. I, too, found it odd that I wasn’t craving a drink last night, when I really should have been!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    New month, new year.
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC

I will post with my usual diary style to keep track of my AF days.
    Keeping to my usual goal of 16-20 AF days per month, which is manageable for me and doesn't put too much pressure on me.

Friday Jan 08 - Drinks. No regrets on that, they weren't stress induced.
    Saturday Jan 09 - AF - One of the city outdoor rinks still has ice, the other lots of bare ground. I went for a little skate today once I found that out.
    Sunday Jan 10 - AF - Great day outdoors for a big chunk, skating, hiking and stuff. Really really wanted drinks when I got in, but I just had drinks on Friday, so I didn't. I had some really good club soda flavoured with blackberry/tangerine in a wine glass. 0 calories. I had a giant steak and prawns instead of the calories from booze.
    Monday Jan 11 - AF - No brainer to stay AF tonight, early long day tomorrow as Tuesdays are for me.
    Tuesday Jan 12 - AF - Really wanted to have a couple of drinks, but it would have been for stress relief and I am trying to avoid using it for that.

Rolling total 11AF day out of 12 days