Yoga with Adriene fans

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I took a day off after the core workout, because I was in a lot of pain, then did two days in one today because Day 8 was so relaxed I didn't feel like I'd had any kind of workout at all, especially after the very low energy Day 7.

That said, I am enjoying the 30 day program, though a lot of it is beyond my ability. She has the kind of silly humor that I have in my head, so I enjoy the songs and doggy antics. Maybe she's more open about it this go around because she's spending so much time quarantined. We're all a little stir crazy at this point. I think I will get stronger and more flexible following the videos, so I plan to keep it up.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Who now? Im always looking to expand my yoga practices but I am unfamiliar with instructors
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Who now? Im always looking to expand my yoga practices but I am unfamiliar with instructors

Search YT for "yoga with Adrienne " - by the time you get to yoga w... I bet it'll come up with her! She's kinda just off beginner level in terms of flow, but offers less and more intense modifications for most other levels. So far, she's not going very fast in her flows, more concentrating on mindfulness in movement and breath, but that could change as the days go on. Give her other videos a go too, she's done a few (hundred!).
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    I usually practice right out of bed and this morning's flow was a challenge for my stiff body (I'm in NYC...it's cold). Tell ya what though, I feel great for having done it! I am really enjoying the pacing of this series overall.
  • Dianamayy
    Dianamayy Posts: 2 Member
    I enjoy Yoga with Adriene 😁 SUPER RELAXING
  • skinnyrev2b
    donidaily wrote: »
    I usually practice right out of bed and this morning's flow was a challenge for my stiff body (I'm in NYC...it's cold). Tell ya what though, I feel great for having done it! I am really enjoying the pacing of this series overall.

This ^^^ got me on my mat last night. Thank you!
    YT then auto flipped to Yoga with Tim... aka Tim Senesal. Anyone done any of his vids? Seems like a good progression from YWA...
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    I highly recommend her "30 days of yoga" series for those of you who find this series too challenging to begin with, or too chatty.
    I will be starting 'Breath' as soon as my sprained ankle feels up to it.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member

YT then auto flipped to Yoga with Tim... aka Tim Senesal. Anyone done any of his vids? Seems like a good progression from YWA...

I looked up Yoga with Tim and was really interested in his video about how when starting as a beginner in yoga some of us come to it with poor posture. When we try to do certain poses that are common in Vinyasa we strengthen, but with poor posture, and can actually do harm. He talked about shoulders a lot on the one I watched, and I have been having quite a bit of pain in my shoulders the last couple of days. I am going to look at more of his videos on technique.
    I filmed myself doing Yoga with Adriene to see how my form and posture was, and I was surprised to see it didn't look that bad at all, to my untrained eye at least :blush: I think I could benefit from learning a lot more about technique and form before I progress much further.
  • michaelpodonnell
    michaelpodonnell Posts: 3 Member
    I've started this but I never done day 1 until 3 days ago. I'm a runner, but I've learned some harsh lessons since I started this lol. Its good to target those neglected areas. I have a running group on Facebook if there are any other fellow runners out there. Its basically a bunch of people cheering each other on. I've attached it if anyone wishes to join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pickupyourpace/?ref=share
  • skinnyrev2b

I looked up Yoga with Tim and was really interested in his video about how when starting as a beginner in yoga some of us come to it with poor posture. When we try to do certain poses that are common in Vinyasa we strengthen, but with poor posture, and can actually do harm. He talked about shoulders a lot on the one I watched, and I have been having quite a bit of pain in my shoulders the last couple of days. I am going to look at more of his videos on technique.
    I filmed myself doing Yoga with Adriene to see how my form and posture was, and I was surprised to see it didn't look that bad at all, to my untrained eye at least :blush: I think I could benefit from learning a lot more about technique and form before I progress much further.

My shoulder is knackered too, probably from poor downward dog technique, so I'll give him a go, thanks!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I've been feeling really good about "Breath" but today (Day 12) the balanced squatting position just wasn't going to happen for me whatsoever. I was really surprised because everything else so far has been pretty easy to me. I can tell Adriene's whole thing has started to change my mindset because I think if this happened on Day 1-2 I would have just given up.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Extended boat wasn't happening for me today. Interestingly, I think if I'd gone straight into it i would've been fine but her waffling (and, to be fair, the deliberately taking things 'feelingly') just put me right off today. Maybe I'll switch to YWT sooner rather than later.
  • donidaily
    Enjoyed Feel today, though later in the day my Pilates teacher had me doing teaser, which is basically boat pose, and my whole body was trembling. When I pointed it out my teacher just said: good 😅
  • skinnyrev2b
    Ooof! Did day 1 of yoga with Tim. No chatter at all, just straight up vinyasas... not for beginners, but if you're looking for a challenge, this appears to be a good un. Hopefully you won't mind me still dropping in to this thread though?
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    edited January 2021
    Ooof! Did day 1 of yoga with Tim. No chatter at all, just straight up vinyasas... not for beginners, but if you're looking for a challenge, this appears to be a good un. Hopefully you won't mind me still dropping in to this thread though?

I'm still doing Adriene's challenge but have also been watching some of Tim's videos. Look in his playlists for the playlist called 'Foundation Series' I think they help to bring awareness to the correct form.
    P.S. I haven't seen the person who started the thread comment since their first post and I'm sure no one will mind you dropping in, but you could also start a new thread for Yoga with Tim - I would join in!
  • donidaily

I'm still doing Adriene's challenge but have also been watching some of Tim's videos. Look in his playlists for the playlist called 'Foundation Series' I think they help to bring awareness to the correct form.
    P.S. I haven't seen the person who started the thread comment since their first post and I'm sure no one will mind you dropping in, but you could also start a new thread for Yoga with Tim - I would join in!

Enjoying your company for any and all yoga chat!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Thanks guys! Last time I was on here, I started a 'daily yogi's' group, but like most things, it tailed off until it was just me adding random entries. I think a thread is more 'in your face' so to speak, so so long as the moderators don't take us off line ( *peeks behind her hands in case any are reading this right now ;-) *) and you guys are happy with it, I'll keep accountability on here. Thanks lovelies! And thanks for the suggestion about Foundation series - I might give that a go in case I've missed some crucial hints on Adriene's vids...
  • skinnyrev2b
    Blimmin eck! Day 2 of YWT takes no prisoners. According to my Fitbit I burned 200 calories! I was certainly sweating and burning pretty much from the get go... lol!
    A slight criticism though - he's not great at saying which leg goes where, just says 'Crescent lunge' (what now? Can't remember that one) 'Grasp the back foot with your hand (which hand? *squints in the bind and realises I'm bound all wrong lol*) etc etc. But so long as you keep an eye on him (which isn't a chore, lets face it) it's all good.
  • skinnyrev2b
    I Yoga'd with T again yesterday, doing day 1 of his foundation series as I'm knackered. He's still pretty rubbish at explanation as to modifications and which leg even in this series, but the actual moves and setting those up are really good. I'll pro6stick with this series for the next 7 days then re start his latest 30 day series.