What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I wish for snow... and then I remember just how much I don't like the cold.. and then I wish for warm sun... then remembering how much I despise the absolute humidity of summer... and so it goes, in circles.

My college roommate is a biomedical engineer by education but decided to stay home and raise her babies instead of working. Now they are school age and she’s thinking she should look for a job, but she feels all kinds of anxiety about it since she’s been out of the workforce and out of practice. They don’t need the income so I (at a point in which I currently despise working and feel burned out) encouraged her to just enjoy her days and not bother with looking for a job what with all the associated anxiety it was bringing her. But she said if it wasn’t for having this process that pushed her out of her comfort zone, she wouldn’t be able to truly appreciate her downtime.

Today was a rainy-and-sleeting-turned-blizzard day after an absolutely beautiful week so far. I was walking the dog and grumbling to myself about the gross weather when the thought struck me that if it wasn’t for the bad weather days to contrast with the beautiful days, would I appreciate them as much?

It’s an applicable thought to lots of things in life and I was glad she shared it with me, I keep finding it helpful.

I’m not lecturing you, your comment just got me thinking about it 😁
  • AnthonySamGold
    AnthonySamGold Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Why does my brain do that?
    I’m putting along thinking happy thoughts and out of no where my brain pulls a horrible image from my past from the archives and shakes it front of me.
    A visual memory I will never forget but wish I could.
    It always brings me down.

If I had to guess, you're somewhere on the spectrum of PTSD
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Idk how mothers, fathers sisters brothers- families survive seeing their loved ones like this. I wouldn’t be strong enough.

icqb5fr7mtvb.jpeg

God Bless them and all their peers. I hope they stay safe; I cannot imagine what goes through peoples' minds when they're facing potentially dangerous positions. :(
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I’m so confused, why can’t they give them somewhere to sit?- at least?

Why do they have to rest like that.

I don't know if you've ever been in the military, but when you are mobilized it's not generally to a place that is prepared to host you. You make due with what you have, sleep where and when you can, etc. At least they are indoors and have access to restroom facilities.

Honestly, you get used to it. Or at least I did way back when.

I understand that I just thought they’d be getting better treatment because of where they are. idk why I think they should be living lavish in there😂. Not really, at least some chairs, just a bit more comfortably. Saw a video of someone handing them pizza, while they are eating on the ground 😣

You're right that does seem strange or extreme for some reason...seems like they could get some couches or something in there . But maybe they have chairs and those preferred the floor and media chose only to show those on the floor🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Today, finally after 10 weeks of doing the toughest flip ive done.....i will be finished! Real estate pics are Monday, should be on the market by Wednesday, and hopefully by next weekend im sifting theough multiple offers so i can be done with this place. 😁

Yay! That's awesome! Will you share a link to the ad so we can see how amazing it looks?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Today, finally after 10 weeks of doing the toughest flip ive done.....i will be finished! Real estate pics are Monday, should be on the market by Wednesday, and hopefully by next weekend im sifting theough multiple offers so i can be done with this place. 😁

Is that the one with the pretty ceiling? Yay for getting the first one done before the end of January! I think the eventual buyer will appreciate the "New year, New place, New me" aspect of the purchase.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Yay! That's awesome! Will you share a link to the ad so we can see how amazing it looks?

I would love to, but i do have concerns that some of those that do not like me being able to have access to an address and a way to mess with me. Ill post something, i just hate cluttering the forums with tons of before and after pics that a lot of people have no interest in.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Is that the one with the pretty ceiling? Yay for getting the first one done before the end of January! I think the eventual buyer will appreciate the "New year, New place, New me" aspect of the purchase.

No, the pretty ceiling is my own personal house....and thank you 😁. This one has pretty normal ceilings, but i did put up crown moulding throught the first floor....so thats not so bad.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I would love to, but i do have concerns that some of those that do not like me being able to have access to an address and a way to mess with me. Ill post something, i just hate cluttering the forums with tons of before and after pics that a lot of people have no interest in.

Yeah, I get that. Sucks, but you gotta be safe first and foremost!
  • toriann319
    toriann319 Posts: 994 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm getting too many friend requests today... And they're not half dressed woman with nips and flaps hanging out in every direction...🤔

Who's talkin' shlt???😂😂😂
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    toriann319 wrote: »
    I'm getting too many friend requests today... And they're not half dressed woman with nips and flaps hanging out in every direction...🤔

Who's talkin' shlt???😂😂😂

By any chance after the weakness thread post? 😅

• toriann319
    toriann319 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

Who's talkin' shlt???😂😂😂

Haha, before actually... 😂
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

Who's talkin' shlt???😂😂😂

Haha, before actually... 😂

Then they are probably all safe. 😆😂🤣 (pssstttt don’t trust me, I know nothing)
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Waiting room boredom ^^^and curious how his rap went :D
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Waiting room boredom ^^^and curious how his rap went :D

Hope everything is ok?

As for the rap, "(mumble mumble) something about hopping in a new whip (mumble mumble... this time in what sounded like Haitian Creole and Quebec joual) something that rhymed with fromage ...at which point he switched back to English to talk about money"

😑🙄

😂😂😂😂