Replies

• Pizzaroll518
    Pizzaroll518 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pizza and true crime docs lol
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    The things I’d like to get accomplished tomorrow.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    The excitement of being just about a day away from putting a house on the market and seeing how it registers with the public interest.....and the anticipation of seeing if its priced right. I like this part of the process

Bet it's premium work and people will love it! Let us know? Probably no way of seeing a picture? :(
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The excitement of being just about a day away from putting a house on the market and seeing how it registers with the public interest.....and the anticipation of seeing if its priced right. I like this part of the process

Bet it's premium work and people will love it! Let us know? Probably no way of seeing a picture? :(

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg
    Well here is a before and after in one room. Hopefully you can tell which is which. Basically what i did here was simple.....put up crown moulding, installed recessed lighting, ripped up the buckling floating floor and put down real hardwood, opened up an archway to the next room, put black tile around fireplace, new hanging light fixture, and paint. Oh, and took down the little half wall to open it up more.

Simple? 😭 Over the weekend, I was proud of my ability to not blind myself while drilling five lil holes of correct depth for wood screws into a faulty prefab floor lamp I ordered. That's simple. But these pics show a lot of complicated stuff.

Do you do all this alone?! Or do you have a team (or folks you call on for specific tasks)?

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg
    Well here is a before and after in one room. Hopefully you can tell which is which. Basically what i did here was simple.....put up crown moulding, installed recessed lighting, ripped up the buckling floating floor and put down real hardwood, opened up an archway to the next room, put black tile around fireplace, new hanging light fixture, and paint. Oh, and took down the little half wall to open it up more.

Simple? 😭 Over the weekend, I was proud of my ability to not blind myself while drilling five lil holes of correct depth for wood screws into a faulty prefab floor lamp I ordered. That's simple. But these pics show a lot of complicated stuff.

Do you do all this alone?! Or do you have a team (or folks you call on for specific tasks)?

I do a lot of it myself, or more accurately i have 1 other guy that i have hired to be part of my little construction company. Hes a good friend of mine so it works out well. Basically we do everything that is allowable by code. If i wasnt selling it i could pretty much do everything, but in NY you need a licensed electrician to pull permits and do electrical work. Sometimes a licensed plumber is needed, as well as HVAC guy.

But in this room i did all the demo, the tile, the paint, installed the floors and trim. And the hanging light fixture.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg

That is honestly amazing!! It would be a fantasy room of mine, and looks like a nice back deck too. I don't know if it ever snows there but I could imagine kicking back with a fire going, dogs beside me, all cozied up on a soft comfy couch sipping cocoa, and watching it snow out the windows. I'd have to get a Rooma though, dog hair. :)

Seriously that is very very nice!! Thanks so much for sharing. <3
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg

That's really good work T. I'm sure you'll be getting the offer you're looking for 😄
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg

I honestly wish you were in my area. I would hire you immediately. This is beautiful.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the kind words everyone 😁. I hope to get the photographer pics back sometime today. They will be way better than mine. Ill post a few of them when i get them.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I’m not the kind of mom who wants her kids to stay young but...having a newly licensed driver is kinda terrifying.😭

Mine is almost there. 15 1/2...wanting her learner's permit and still not able to consistently put her dishes in the dishwasher. Lol
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg

I do a lot of it myself, or more accurately i have 1 other guy that i have hired to be part of my little construction company. Hes a good friend of mine so it works out well. Basically we do everything that is allowable by code. If i wasnt selling it i could pretty much do everything, but in NY you need a licensed electrician to pull permits and do electrical work. Sometimes a licensed plumber is needed, as well as HVAC guy.

But in this room i did all the demo, the tile, the paint, installed the floors and trim. And the hanging light fixture.

It's truly beautiful! You do amazing work!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    It never rains here.

This morning, it's raining.

I'm not sure exactly what to do.

Although, I will be calling the police to complain.

Put on your best suit and go jump in da puddles

+1

I support this.
  • ReenieHJ
    edited January 2021
    Options

Best suit+rain boots all while singing 'Singing in the rain' at the top of your voice. Then stop to count the gawkers.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    It never rains here.

This morning, it's raining.

I'm not sure exactly what to do.

Although, I will be calling the police to complain.

Put on your best suit and go jump in da puddles

+1

I support this.

Some things just make me a feel like a little kid all over again.

I take my dog outside and blow bubbles for him - he hates it! Me? Kid! 🤗

I blow bubbles for one of my dogs all the time, she loves it and goes crazy. :) In fact, I cannot even say the word in front of her, I have to spell it. The other dog is tennis ball obsessed. Previous dog loved bubbles too.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the kind words everyone 😁. I hope to get the photographer pics back sometime today. They will be way better than mine. Ill post a few of them when i get them.

Nice crib.

I could definitely set-up there.

Taking down the pony-wall was a very good choice.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg

Beautiful work.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I’m not the kind of mom who wants her kids to stay young but...having a newly licensed driver is kinda terrifying.😭

My oldest son turns 16 tomorrow. I am hardcore terrified about him driving.

I remember giving our daughter a driving lesson.

I said to her:
    "Look out for that guy on his bicycle."

Evidently, what she heard was:
    "Do your best to hit and knock down that guy on his bicycle."
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

My oldest son turns 16 tomorrow. I am hardcore terrified about him driving.

I remember giving our daughter a driving lesson.

I said to her:
    "Look out for that guy on his bicycle."

Evidently, what she heard was:
    "Do your best to hit and knock down that guy on his bicycle."

Oh no.....