What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Inspire away! Way better than being disagreeable!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    hazzah1007 wrote: »
    I’m not the kind of mom who wants her kids to stay young but...having a newly licensed driver is kinda terrifying.😭

My boy is 15. This is very frightening to me.
    I’m not the kind of mom who wants her kids to stay young but...having a newly licensed driver is kinda terrifying.😭

Mine is almost there. 15 1/2...wanting her learner's permit and still not able to consistently put her dishes in the dishwasher. Lol

Yeah my oldest is 17. And I have one that’ll be coming right up behind him, he’s 15. I have very little in this world that I’ve ever been afraid to lose....but my kids are the exception of course. It’s hard to keep that “whatever will be will be” mindset I normally have when you think of all the what-ifs. Still just new to me I guess.
    Good luck to you both! He’s a good kid and decent driver but....yikes.

My oldest son turns 16 tomorrow. I am hardcore terrified about him driving.

There are still my finger indents in the dash to this day... 😂

Good luck to you both 🙏

PS.. first time on a big roundabout is fun.. 😏
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

My oldest son turns 16 tomorrow. I am hardcore terrified about him driving.

I remember giving our daughter a driving lesson.

I said to her:
    "Look out for that guy on his bicycle."

Evidently, what she heard was:
    "Do your best to hit and knock down that guy on his bicycle."

Oh no.....

yeah, and the first time attempting a lane change on the freeway, almost looked like this:

9cBu.gif

You have this uncanny way of terrifying us all the more. 😩

Yeh but it's all good; send the teens off with a helmet.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The excitement of being just about a day away from putting a house on the market and seeing how it registers with the public interest.....and the anticipation of seeing if its priced right. I like this part of the process

Bet it's premium work and people will love it! Let us know? Probably no way of seeing a picture? :(

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg
    Well here is a before and after in one room. Hopefully you can tell which is which. Basically what i did here was simple.....put up crown moulding, installed recessed lighting, ripped up the buckling floating floor and put down real hardwood, opened up an archway to the next room, put black tile around fireplace, new hanging light fixture, and paint. Oh, and took down the little half wall to open it up more.

Love the flooring.. the whole room comes together nicely, good job
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The excitement of being just about a day away from putting a house on the market and seeing how it registers with the public interest.....and the anticipation of seeing if its priced right. I like this part of the process

Bet it's premium work and people will love it! Let us know? Probably no way of seeing a picture? :(

n4fo7p05dcrr.jpg
    Wodz9eq9ltikf.jpg
    Well here is a before and after in one room. Hopefully you can tell which is which. Basically what i did here was simple.....put up crown moulding, installed recessed lighting, ripped up the buckling floating floor and put down real hardwood, opened up an archway to the next room, put black tile around fireplace, new hanging light fixture, and paint. Oh, and took down the little half wall to open it up more.

Love the flooring.. the whole room comes together nicely, good job

To be fair, a rug..... well

tenor.gif?itemid=4949468
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    they have extended the lockdown till mid-February :(
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    My mother got the vaccine last week,
    she’s felt awful since.
    Says even her toes and fingers hurt.
    No fever but she can barely get out of bed.
    She’s 93, I worry.

🙏

Thank you ❤️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    they have extended the lockdown till mid-February :(

At least it's not confusing. Don't leave your house except for groceries and medical appointments, but you can grab take out or liquor if you feel like it. Support local businesses during this time, but we're closing all of the small businesses. Don't drive across the border, but we'll get you on a flight if you want to vacation in Florida. People who live alone can visit with one other household as long as neither ever leave their house. You'll be fined for gathering to protest the lockdown, but you won't be fined for gathering to protest the policing practices in another country.
    It all just makes complete sense. Our government definitely knows what it's doing.

You forgot that it's safe to send your kids to school but we'll give them surgical masks because cloth masks are insufficient. But everyone else can wear cloth masks 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Is it possible to be lovesick despite the lack of a sweetheart? 🤔

Current mood: sappy AF

I think that's just being lonesome.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

I think so...
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Yes. Yes it is.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Yes. Yes it is.

It’s also possible to miss someone you don’t even know yet. Talk about sappy. I do believe it though.
    “How can you miss someone you’ve never met? Because I need you now but I don’t know you yet.”
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDU5yu04mmc

I’m okay with sappy🤷🏻‍♀️

This song made me all feely.