Yoga with Adriene fans

Options

Replies

• donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I was already practicing yoga most days but not always with strong vinyasas, up to day 17 of Adriene's 30 days and noticing the change in my upper body strength. A little every day really does go a long way!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Foundations done. :-)
  • Kulmandu
    Kulmandu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a good yoga class on YouTube. Thanks for sharing this! I'll check her out in the morning.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Good stuff!
    Yesterday was another Foundations session. Interestingly, he was using a model this time and kept saying "yeah, she's super flexible, don't be surprised if you're not anywhere near this"... I look up and think 'oh, am I not meant to be able to do that?!' Lol! YWA obviously works!
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! I did a 40 min beginner/basics video and I'm sore today :D I loved how lighthearted she is and Benji is so cute and makes me laugh during. Will definitely do more of her vids!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've done Yoga with Adriene in the past but this is the first time I'm able (working from home) to stick pretty close to the schedule. A few days I've done two sessions but I'm really appreciating the challenge (and yes, sometimes prefer less of her chatter). Day 18 CENTER got me closer to the crow pose than I've ever been before. Loving daily yoga!
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keep going @HungryTraveler. You'll be hooked in no time. Just a word to the wise though, especially given the aches today... yoga is a balance of stress to the muscles and release/relax. None of us should be racing to a certain position or flexibility- even if we got there yesterday. Each time we come to the mat we should seek that balance of ease and work - then back off a fraction before gently reaching for that place again.
    I will add that I'm really preaching to myself rather than anyone else!
    Namaste!

Thanks for the advice! It's not bad though, I'm just aware of muscles I forgot I even had 😂 I'll be alternating days to ease into it (doing light cardio like walking on the days I don't do yoga). But I'm definitely motivated to keep going, it was a great start! :)
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Checking in, haven't done any yoga in a couple of days, and I am torn between YWA and YW Tim. I probably should settle on one. I like to skim watch the videos at fast speed ahead of time so I know what is coming, and they both have things I really want to do. By the end of today I will choose one and stick with it till the end of that series, then start the other one.

@skinnyrev2b great to hear you are feeling improvements! Isn't it amazing when they offer a modification and you don't need it!

@ggeise14 I can't wait to get to day 18! I feel like it is taking me ages as I lack the consistency to do it every day.

@Kulmandu Welcome, I hope you get a lot out of it and have fun doing it.

@HungryTraveler what a great name! Welcome, I love that she has Benji there too.

@donidaily It is inspiring to hear that you are actually now feeling the change in your strength, particularly upper body strength, that is what I need to improve the most.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed Strength today!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    YWT again today. Really good at helping you ease into the poses correctly - so much so that my heels are *this close* to the ground in down dog and likewise my palms to the floor in forward fold. Still can't 'hop' up to the top of my mat though! A trivial goal, but still secretly my aim!
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in with Adriene's 30 days, today's was short but very fast-moving, the heat really gets my body humming for the day. While I really miss in person classes, this habit is absolutely helping me get through covid winter 🙏
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    YWT again today. Really good at helping you ease into the poses correctly - so much so that my heels are *this close* to the ground in down dog and likewise my palms to the floor in forward fold. Still can't 'hop' up to the top of my mat though! A trivial goal, but still secretly my aim!

Yes! I always thought I'd never get my heels to the floor in downdog but I'm there now! My goal continues to be getting that transition down.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Ah... so the saying "pride comes before a fall..."? Yeah. Day 6 happened... chataranga.... as in, how to do a proper hold in it before updog.
    NOPE. Nope, not happening. Not now anyway. There was no way I could hover anywhere near straight. A ways to go in this practice me feels...
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ah... so the saying "pride comes before a fall..."? Yeah. Day 6 happened... chataranga.... as in, how to do a proper hold in it before updog.
    NOPE. Nope, not happening. Not now anyway. There was no way I could hover anywhere near straight. A ways to go in this practice me feels...

Chaturanga is super difficult for beginners! You hang on to that pride, nothing wrong with being proud of keeping at it!
    There is a technique and I will probably never be able to do it properly because I broke my wrist years ago and it won't bend back far enough, I could do it on fists, but here I have to be careful not to harm the bones in the hand.

Take a look at this really short video it shows why most people have difficulty with this move.
    (Check out her abs, her body is freaking amazing!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt_zQnxYrXM&ab_channel=LizettePompaYoga
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Amazing! Gonna try that now... and love her body, and her accent!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Tried it... and failed!!! Time to build up my arm strength then!
    Also did YWT's first two vids - a sort-of-exercise vid followed by a yin yoga session. Was feeling really blah today so really had to make myself get on the mat.