Yoga with Adriene fans

Options

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Didn't hop on the mat yesterday - it was snowing BIG time here, so instead the OH and I went for a long walk and had a snowball fight. I did do some chaturanga practice so not all bad.
    Thinking of starting YWT'S day 1 again but tbh I'm a little scared. I'm really achy from his 'movement and stretch' combo a couple of days ago and not sure if day 1 will just wear me out... but then again, if I'm struggling with lunges cos my knees hurt (pre arthritis) I probably OUGHT to keep going, if only to stretch and strengthen those muscles while I can... ah well. Another snowy walk now, then I'll see when I get in. It's the OH's bday today so need to also make time for making his dinner-of-choice...
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Wow, her body awareness and control are incredible. I've always found it crazy when teachers include chaturanga like an aerobics move, it's very hard to get right!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    YWT day 1 of his first 30 day challenges today. Nice and gentle!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Day 2. Progression poses building a really good base for (hopefully) some cool poses later this month.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I’m starting day 2 today too.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Day 3 done yesterday - core work = ouchie!
    Day 4 today. It seems I've got confused along the way somewhere... I've already done day 4 as part of his (well, I thought it was part of!) 7 day Foundations. However, it was encouraging to see my progress in just 2 weeks since last doing it. :-)
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Day 5 of YWT. A LOT of back work today in prep for warrior 3. Not as graceful as Tim's model, Colin, but I don't think I was too shabby!
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @skinnyrev2b that's great that you are seeing/feeling progress 💪

Completed Adriene's 30 days today! It was a long session incorporating all the greatest hits of the series, I loved it. I think I'm just going to do the whole thing again now! I'm still skipping some vinyasas and working on crow pose so plenty still to learn...
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Good stuff @donidaily ! Well done!
    That's what I like about yoga- you're never 'done '
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Breath Day 30! Woot! She packed a lot into this one! Congrats to everyone who completed Breath today!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Finished 4 and 5 today.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    I did day 6 of YWT yesterday. Got very close to a crow pose. :-)
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Day 7 done. Complete R&R... so I snuck in a quick Crow pose practice and attempted a few 'floats' (more of a heavy thud to the middle of the mat, but I can see what I need to do now :-) )
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Completed Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga yesterday. I'm thinking about trying Yoga with Tim this month for a change of pace.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    I's definitely a change of pace @dragon_girl26 - you have to be quite canny at watching him. I could do YWA with my eyes closed cos she was so good at saying what movement came next. Tim - not so much. And faster too - not Ashtanga fast but defo faster than Adriene.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Well done debrakgoogins! Yeah, yoga can kick a lot of booty!
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Went camping at the weekend and in the early morning I went through a little yoga routine that I have put together myself from the moves I have learned from YwA and YwT.
    All was going well until I finished and I was rolling up my yoga mat when suddenly I had a massive back muscle spasm. It was so bad I was on my knees. It took an hour or so of cold packs and ibuprofen before I could walk and I'm still very tender. I think I know what caused it, I was a little cold, hadn't moved around enough, and rushed my warm-up routine. That coupled with not sleeping in my own bed the night before.
    Oh well, I learned a lesson!
    So no exercise other than walking for me for the last couple of days :neutral:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I had started the 30 day Breath a few days late so I finished up today. I wasn’t prepared for 50 minutes after doing a gym workout! I’m going to start another of her 30 day programs and just keep doing that until I really have the fundamentals down. I’m glad I took the time to create this new habit!

I'm glad you mentioned this. I took yesterday off after finishing "Breath" and I printed off the Feb Bridge calendar but I'm considering doing another one of Adriene's 3 day programs instead of all the different stuff on Bridge.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    All sounds really positive guys! Keep it up :-) (except the back spasms - that doesn't sound good at all.)
    Day 8 done today :-)