Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• Aubsy07
    Aubsy07 Posts: 14 Member
    @KeriA Thank you so much I really did feel good that week, I felt a little off on the weekend and it has continued into this week. We get chinooks here so weather is up and down so migraines are a thing. It is hard to keep up on everyone's posts, trying to figure the forum out. It's been a few days and there were 70 new posts that is out standing.

last time I weighed in I was down 4 pounds - even on my off days I have tracked my calories which has limited me from consuming more than I usually would have the amount of food is sometimes outstanding! Anyway hoping i feel better tomorrow for my morning workout. I work from home so I always say later...but I know that if I do not do it in the morning its not getting done as I also homeschool my kiddo! In these times so much to do so very little time in the day.

positive vibes for tomorrow as I do a weigh in as it has been a week!
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    KMC55 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day. There was a box of donuts at work, only one left, and I DIDN'T EAT IT!!! So many times it ran though my head to just have it, it isn't a big deal if I track it (didn't have the calories budgeted for it). So I resisted and resisted and didn't eat it!!! If I want one that bad I will get a fresh one of my favorite kind and budget it into my calories for the day. Not just allow my impulse control to derail me yet again. Sometimes I think it is impulse control that I struggle with more than actually eating. It is resisting and staying rational about food choices. Just because I could buy a brand new car doesn't mean I have it in the budget to do it, so why do I think food is any different. I need to put my common sense to work on food related issues as well as real world related issues.

Exactly! From now on, if I'm feeling the pull of empty tasty calories, I'm going to picture a car salesman trying to sell me something attractive that I can't really afford and remind myself it's not in the budget. Some people are able to tell themselves that "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" but resisting certain foods at certain times is a lesson in fortitude sometimes.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    @Xandriad Welcome, We are close to the same age. It sounds like you have a lot going on and have had to deal with a lot of judgmental people. I had to look up some of the conditions. I’d recommend doing 23andme with the health features. Might give you some clues to some choices. I have spine issues, and do not get the shots because the steroids made it worse. The 23andme helped me a lot to figure out some things with food issues. Your daily metabolism may be slow like mine. I can’t eat more than 1400 cals or I gain. It is harder to lose weight once I have put it on. Yes inflammation adds to it as a vicious cycle, and my metabolism is slower but I am still eating too much for my slow metabolism. My sig other can eat 3 times what I do but he has a high metabolism and is always moving. I figure 1 lb can take a day to add and 4-5 days to shed. Meaning I can eat 3500 cals in an hour..say f I ate a whole pizza .but it would take 8 hours to walk it off.... Not an equal game unfortunately. I wish I could go back 13 years and make the progress I have the last 2 years...I’m down about 40 lbs.. part of that was to see what I was doing to sabatoge myself, I was in denial of how much I was eating....I’m constantly working on portion control. I also have a bit of a reverse body image, I was always small, and was in denial of how big I was....and still am...
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @Xandriad I've just read your post and wanted to welcome you to this tribe of strong women with a virtual hug! You have a lot on your plate! I completely agree that the journey is better with support along the way x Look forward to cheering you on and getting to know you through your posts!

• KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    I haven’t been to the gym as much this week because I’ve been tired and catching up on sleep....and with my horrible metabolism (I gain when I eat over 1400-1500 cals..and I don’t exercise in that day). Sooo I’m up 3 lbs from the start of Jan grrrr. Time to buckle down for the last 10 days. It’s been tougher cooking for everyone this month, or take out when tired. No bad stuff for the rest of this month, need to up my water too...

Hang in there. Keep coming back and stick with it, even small improvements. I have been struggling all month and having a good streak right now so I know there can be an end to the bad for better days ahead.
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    @LisaGetsMoving , in regards to INTERMITTENT PEP TALK #011921-

Love your post, thank you!!! Yes, patience has always been a virtue that I need to work on. Honesty is always the challenge as well. Did I really log all the calories I ate? Did I really account for all the calories that were in that take-out meal? There has been a lot of changes in the last year but we have survived and we will survive the changes we are making to our food choices (don't like the term diet) and our movement. We will be better in the end and need to keep remembering that.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited January 2021
    @goal06082021 - enjoy your eggnog toast tonight. Lots to celebrate!! 🗽
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Today is going to be a great day! It's cold outside but I don't care, I'm gonna walk my @ss off!

Hope you were able to enjoy that walk today!