Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    After dinner eating is my downfall. Last night ended up eating chocolates, one or two turned into 10. Seriously?????? 10. One good thing is that I did mark it down and was able to take ownership. I read that others have the same issue in the evening. Think I will scroll back again and see your strategies. I am almost two months in and want to keep up the momentum. So...... here I go.... RESET. Have a great day everyone
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited January 2021
    emmclean wrote: »
    @KeriA it's amazingly thoughtful of you to read and respond to so many posts! @iloveeggnog put it beautifully - thank you for your kindness. <3

@goal06082021 me too on the dry January (mainly for the sake of calories) but I felt today was a good day to toast the new US President with a couple of gin and slimline tonics. If we weren't in the middle of a pandemic the pubs would have been rammed here in Dublin, an Irish Catholic President is all the country can talk about!!

I've started one of the MFP exercise plans (I think it's a Premium feature). I am NOT a fan of strength training at all, I get so bored with reps, but I thought this way I will have an extra motivator - because I log in every day for the forums, tracking food etc, I can't dodge the workout reminders! And MFP will log the calories automatically for you when you complete a session, although I think it's really overestimated them for me. I try not to eat them back anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day :)

I was surprised when CNN said he would be the second Catholic President of the US, but then again the colonizers of this country were mostly Protestant, so I guess that makes sense.

Regarding strength training - I've been using trainer-led workout videos that focus on time rather than reps, maybe that would work better for you? Framing it as "I have to do this for the next 30 seconds," instead of "I have to do this 30 more times." I don't have Premium so I don't know what those plans look like. More reps isn't always more better, even moreso if that means you decide it's boring and stop doing it entirely, and resistance training is so important especially for women - it really helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis later in life.

@changeforeverlj I don't know if all the networks did this but PBS played Sinatra's My Way over the footage of the plane taking off. That was way funnier than it had any right to be, I'm still chuckling about it.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    emmclean wrote: »
    I've started one of the MFP exercise plans (I think it's a Premium feature). I am NOT a fan of strength training at all, I get so bored with reps, but I thought this way I will have an extra motivator - because I log in every day for the forums, tracking food etc, I can't dodge the workout reminders! And MFP will log the calories automatically for you when you complete a session, although I think it's really overestimated them for me. I try not to eat them back anyway.

Good for you for doing your strength training even though it is boring for you. I love it because I can see the results. Maybe some of your favorite music would help? Keep up the great work!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    @changeforeverlj there were rumours of prohibition in Ireland too, we currently have the fastest growing rate of COVID-19 cases in Europe thanks to hardly anyone restricting their Christmas plans. It didn't happen though, alcohol is still very much on sale. I wouldn't have minded skipping booze until I can meet up with friends again. Glad you're coping ok with it!

@goal06082021 I think you're spot on with the time duration rather than reps. The MFP plan is based on 30 sec intervals and now you mention it, that might be an added factor of why I'm finding it more enjoyable (2 sessions in, ha!).

@Spotteddingo thanks for the encouragement! Music will help 100%, I should have put some on for my first session. Last night I look up residence in the living room while my husband played video games, it was entertaining!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @RhondaB89 You're killing it!
  • goal06082021
    Wow, I had to go back 5 pages to find my weigh-in template, LOL.

Weigh-in time!

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 252.8 lb as of 11/13/2020
    CW: 248.0 lb as of 12/25/2020
    Weigh-in Progress:
    1/1: 247.4
    1/8: 246.2
    1/15: 244.4
    1/22: 244.0
    1/29:
    GW for January: 245 lb
    UGW: 160 lb

Good stuff, good stuff! I expected a smaller or no loss this week, from Wednesday's indulgence (I ended up having a delicious beer and some decadent bacon-and-mushroom mac and cheese, went over by about 900 calories and I enjoyed every last one of them). My knee is healing up well, the bruise is almost gone; I just need to be careful about workouts that require me to balance on them. I've decided to change things up for February - I found a "28-day challenge" plan from runtastic that seems pretty doable, with built-in rest days, and I've got plans to do some very very beginner yoga on those rest days.

Among the goals I set for myself this year is to keep my house cleaner. I've been mostly pretty good about making sure the kitchen sink is empty before I go to bed, last night was the first slip-up of the year. I'm WFH today so like, I can get up and go load the dishwasher now if I wanted to, but I was still a little disappointed in myself for leaving it like that last night.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    @goal06082021.. Sounds like doing the dishes 21 days straight is a win! Do not be so hard on yourself. That sounds like progress. We must remember to be kind to ourselves.
  • goal06082021
    Those all sound delicious, Jane!

It's true that balance takes practice. Do you favor the same side of your body for everything, or are you cross-dominant? Just like you can be right- or left-handed, one of your legs and one of your eyes also tends to be dominant, and it's not necessarily the same side as your dominant hand. Cross-dominance makes activities that require balance and hand-eye coordination a little more challenging, since you're trying to lead with your left hand but your right foot and right eye (or whatever the case may be for you) all at once.
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Hey everyone! My name is Samantha (Sam)
    SW: 346.6
    CW: 310
    GW: 250

I was wondering if anyone here has done any weight training workouts and been successful losing weight? I am currently doing Liift4 with Beachbody and I LOVE it. I feel like the inches are coming off but the pounds are staying the same.

I was hoping some women that had similar experiences and could give me some advice on ways to get to drop pounds along with the inches. Do I need to be eating more calories or adding more cardio into my workouts after the Liift (it does lifting, cardio, and core)

Thanks in advance!