Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ravenclaws congratulations on a new topic.
    Am weighing in at 102 Ibs so gained 2 Ibs :(

Posted this a min ago but it didn't work so am typing it up again.

Posted my OWLs and House Points from the 3rd - 9th September yesterday.

September 10th
    OWLs
    Food/Water - 1
    Exercise/Weigh in - 0
    Post - 1

House Points -25
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Did absolutely terrible on my eating last night. Hopefully I can get it turned around before my weekly weigh in which will be on Monday.
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm planning on weighing in tomorrow morning, right before I leave for my first ever 5k race. Just wanted to wish everyone a great day:happy:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw!! HAPPY SATURDAY!!!! i am especially happy for the weekend after an awful week. worked way more overtime than i wanted to which left me stuck at work unprepared (food-wise) without enough healthy options. i never even finished out my log the past 3 days!! so i am ready for a new start. i should be able to get my bike back from the shop today and hopefully the weather will cooperate and i can ride home from work this week. hope everyone else is doing well. very exciting that we have rolled over into our next thread!!

congrats to momofjanda on breaking your plateau!!
    good luck on you 5k liz11599...sending positive Ravenclaw vibes your way!!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw!! HAPPY SATURDAY!!!! i am especially happy for the weekend after an awful week. worked way more overtime than i wanted to which left me stuck at work unprepared (food-wise) without enough healthy options. i never even finished out my log the past 3 days!! so i am ready for a new start. i should be able to get my bike back from the shop today and hopefully the weather will cooperate and i can ride home from work this week. hope everyone else is doing well. very exciting that we have rolled over into our next thread!!

congrats to momofjanda on breaking your plateau!!
    good luck on you 5k liz11599...sending positive Ravenclaw vibes your way!!

Thank you so much. It's less than 24 hours away and I already have nervous butterflies! Lol!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Here are the Ravenclaw house challenges for next week (Week 2 September). Start on these the day you weigh in this weekend.

Food: Stay under ADDED sugar for the day. This excludes sugars from fruits and veggies. Count up your total sugars from drinks, ice cream, candy, cereal, etc. and keep that total under your sugar goal for the day. Earn 1 OWL each day you meet this challenge.

Exercise: Well, this isn't really exercise, but so many of you have mentioned it, so... Earn 1 OWL each day you DO NOT weigh yourself!!

House Spirit: Earn 1 OWL each day you drop by and post something in the common room.

Remember, weigh-ins are Friday - Monday (whichever day is best for you): post your current weight, House Points earned (minutes of exercise for the last week) and OWLs earned for the Ravenclaw challenges.

Good luck everyone on your September Week 1 results!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaw! Week 1 weigh in:

Weight: 157 - down 1!!
    OWLs: 10
    House Points: 258

We're supposed to finally have some cooler weather for the next few days, so hopefully I can get some bike riding in! Has it stopped raining on the East Coast yet? We desperately need some rain - hope we get some soon!

Everyone have a fantastic Saturday!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    good morning fellow ravenclaws!! just wanted to drop by and say that although i probably won't be doing too many food challenges, i'll be doing the exercise challenges, AND i'd still like to feel like part of the group! feel free to add me and i look forward to cheering our house on. :):flowerforyou:
  • cNhobbes
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaw! Week 1 weigh in:

Weight: 157 - down 1!!
    OWLs: 10
    House Points: 258

We're supposed to finally have some cooler weather for the next few days, so hopefully I can get some bike riding in! Has it stopped raining on the East Coast yet? We desperately need some rain - hope we get some soon!

Everyone have a fantastic Saturday!

today is the first day in like week that Maryland hasn't seen rain as of yet. the day is still young however :wink:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    good morning fellow ravenclaws!! just wanted to drop by and say that although i probably won't be doing too many food challenges, i'll be doing the exercise challenges, AND i'd still like to feel like part of the group! feel free to add me and i look forward to cheering our house on. :):flowerforyou:

@cNhobbes: Remember to post your weekly House Points sometime this weekend so I can include them in our weekly Hogwarts check-in. You mentioned you would like to see some intense workout challenges. Got any ideas for me?

I'm thinking about letting the Prefects post the challenges each week to give us more variety. What do you all think of that idea?
  • cNhobbes
    Options

@cNhobbes: Remember to post your weekly House Points sometime this weekend so I can include them in our weekly Hogwarts check-in. You mentioned you would like to see some intense workout challenges. Got any ideas for me?

I'm thinking about letting the Prefects post the challenges each week to give us more variety. What do you all think of that idea?

will do! should I count sat-sat or sun-sun as a week? let's see, some workout challenges. how about: 1) trying a new cardio machine/video/exercise that you've never done for 20 min. don't forget to stretch differently than you usually do! 2) doing at least 30 min of exercise EVERY DAY for an entire week. 3) climbing 4 flights of stairs every day for 7 days. i dunno, what do you think?
  • azsuzi
    Options

will do! should I count sat-sat or sun-sun as a week? let's see, some workout challenges. how about: 1) trying a new cardio machine/video/exercise that you've never done for 20 min. don't forget to stretch differently than you usually do! 2) doing at least 30 min of exercise EVERY DAY for an entire week. 3) climbing 4 flights of stairs every day for 7 days. i dunno, what do you think?

You can count any 7 days you want as long as you're consistent each week.

Thanks for the good suggestions!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Morning Ravenclaws!

Saturdays will be my official weigh-in day moving forward, so I'm happy to post that I have lost 1.6 lbs since my start on 9/6! I'll take it. :)

Didn't do as well with house points or owls as I would have liked, but I'll be determined to make more progress this week on the new challenges.

Here are my weekly stats for 9/7-9/9 (week 1 - short week due to late start)
    Owls- 6
    House Points- 28 (exercise is the worst for me - I just never make the time for it)
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just recently found the forum areas, and I was wondering if I could join your guys' awesome house? I'm a complete and total Harry Potter geek, and listen to tons of Wizard Rock while I work out, that is when I'm not working my butt off at school or cleaning. If you guys let me join I would greatly appreciate it, though could someone fill me in on what all happens here? Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
    Thanks!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Silly question I know, as most of mine are, but how do we calculate the house points ? Is it a point a minute?
    because I have 210 minutes last week(although I thought I pretty much did nothing) so how many house points would that be?
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Weekly totals:

128 House Points for exercise
    7 OWLs for "just moving"
    5 OWLs for getting all my water in
    6 OWLs for posting on the thread

so...
    128 House Points
    18 OWLs

and...
    New weight: 230! Down one pound! I'd have liked to see two, but I'll take it. Better a little loss than a big gain.

This also means that I have reached my first mini goal! My friends and I are going shopping today, I may treat myself with a new shirt of something. We'll see. I'm running low of money right now (the life of a college student... c'est la vie).
  • kaseyb21
    Options
    Happy Saturday fellow Ravenclaws!

Today should be a pretty chill day for me. The roommate is out of town, so I don't have much on docket except for tons and tons of reading and a trip to Subway in a little while to get a sandwich.

OWLS for yesterday
    Exercise - 1
    Food - 1
    Spirit - 1
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Not doing too well on owls so far this week :(
    Food- 0 went over on sugar today
    Exercise- 0 weighed my self AGAIN this morning- but in my defense I wanted to make sure my 3lb loss from yesterday was real and I wasn't dreaming
    Spirit- 1 OWL yeah!!!!! its something

House Points: 35 (run this morning)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Silly question I know, as most of mine are, but how do we calculate the house points ? Is it a point a minute?
    because I have 210 minutes last week(although I thought I pretty much did nothing) so how many house points would that be?

You got it - 1 house point for each minute of exercise. So you have 210 House Points!! That's great!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hmmm - somehow a double post. :ohwell: