GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    dsc84 wrote: »
    qbu2myqzh5ch.gif
    6svshf9ezmb4.gif
    Was feeling it tonight. 315 for a triple and 365 for one. I know I can get lower in my squat but I psyche myself out that I’m going to get stuck at the bottom. I guess I could just move the safety bars up.

If I might make a suggestion... And perhaps you already do, but maybe practicing bailing out of the squat at a lower weight, so that you have confidence that you'll be fine if you do get stuck in the whole. You have a lot of strength, so you know you can do the lifts.

But now that you know you're a beast in the lifts, see just how low you can go.

Once you have the confidence you won't get hurt bailing out of the lift if you fail (and where the bars need to be for that to safely happen), you may find that you're surprised at how low you can go without issue.

Just a thought tho. You killed it tonight! I'm seriously impressed!

This is good insight and I appreciate it. I have practiced bailing in the past but really haven’t recently. Never hurts to go back to basics but I’ll definitely have to practice at higher weights than in the past. I’ll never be ATG because of a plate and screws in my right femur which limits some motion but I can get deeper than parallel.

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,670 Member
    qbu2myqzh5ch.gif
    6svshf9ezmb4.gif
    Was feeling it tonight. 315 for a triple and 365 for one. I know I can get lower in my squat but I psyche myself out that I’m going to get stuck at the bottom. I guess I could just move the safety bars up.

If I might make a suggestion... And perhaps you already do, but maybe practicing bailing out of the squat at a lower weight, so that you have confidence that you'll be fine if you do get stuck in the whole. You have a lot of strength, so you know you can do the lifts.

But now that you know you're a beast in the lifts, see just how low you can go.

Once you have the confidence you won't get hurt bailing out of the lift if you fail (and where the bars need to be for that to safely happen), you may find that you're surprised at how low you can go without issue.

Just a thought tho. You killed it tonight! I'm seriously impressed!

This is good insight and I appreciate it. I have practiced bailing in the past but really haven’t recently. Never hurts to go back to basics but I’ll definitely have to practice at higher weights than in the past. I’ll never be ATG because of a plate and screws in my right femur which limits some motion but I can get deeper than parallel.

Wow... You do this with a plate and screws? That's amazing!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,793 Member
    Awesome stuff ladies n gents ...well done everyone :)
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,266 Member
    qbu2myqzh5ch.gif
    6svshf9ezmb4.gif

Good strength brother!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    qbu2myqzh5ch.gif
    6svshf9ezmb4.gif

This is awesome!! 👏👏👏👏
  • dsc84

Good strength brother!

This is awesome!! 👏👏👏👏

Thank you and Thank you!

Wow... You do this with a plate and screws? That's amazing!
    Yep. It's about an 8" plate with 6 screws, or a 6" plate with 8 screws. I've never been able to keep those numbers straight. Doesn't hinder much just never had full range of motion after rehabbing it. The more I lift the better the ROM gets but it will still never be what it was before.
  • dsc84
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

This was my last set of Standing Military Press on today's 5x5 session. I'm recovering from an injury to my right shoulder and you'll see it was pretty fatigued at this point. It is feeling good though and getting stronger each week 😁

Awesome! Even with the fatigued should it still looks like a solid strong press!
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

This was my last set of Standing Military Press on today's 5x5 session. I'm recovering from an injury to my right shoulder and you'll see it was pretty fatigued at this point. It is feeling good though and getting stronger each week 😁

Well done. Get yourself some KT tape for that shoulder.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

Awesome! Even with the fatigued should it still looks like a solid strong press!

Thanks! It is healing nicely, albeit a bit wobbly at the end of my sets
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,670 Member
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

You're doing great! I also have shoulder issues, so I've had to be very careful on how hard I load myself. I progress very slowly on OHP as a result. Plus, I have to do it sitting because I'm too tall and my gym ceiling is low. 😔

And...
    Thanks for sharing! ❤️👏🔥
  • ExpressoLove11
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

Well done. Get yourself some KT tape for that shoulder.

Will do boss!
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

You're doing great! I also have shoulder issues, so I've had to be very careful on how hard I load myself. I progress very slowly on OHP as a result. Plus, I have to do it sitting because I'm too tall and my gym ceiling is low. 😔

And...
    Thanks for sharing! ❤️👏🔥

Thank you so much! Shoulder issues are a real pain in the *kitten*.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,266 Member
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

Good lift.

I empathize, my A/C joint in my right shoulder has been completely torn since 2003 (Police Academy Injury). Hope you’re able to make a full recovery with yours.

• ExpressoLove11
    90dvkw7ktpxf.gif

Good lift.

I empathize, my A/C joint in my right shoulder has been completely torn since 2003 (Police Academy Injury). Hope you’re able to make a full recovery with yours.

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your injury - looks like you're still making it work though! You have some serious gainz going on. Mine is doing pretty well - I have been building the strength back up by doing light volume work and today was my first full 5x5 in nearly a month. If it is still good next week I'll start kicking up the weight little by little. Before it gave out I was set to get a PB of a 30kg press so working back to that 😊
  • dsc84
    FINALLY added 5lb to my bench!

5x5 at 90lbs.

9ipdtgjsx96q.gif

Great Arch! Love that I can see the wall on the other side under the back arch!
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    FINALLY added 5lb to my bench!

5x5 at 90lbs.

9ipdtgjsx96q.gif

solid form!