GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Dang woman! :o

😊❤️
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    ib9dnkh5wlqk.gif
    Good workout!
    Squats...
    10@45lb, 5@90lb, 5@135lb, 6 sets of 5@165lb
    Ohp...
    10@45lb, 5 sets of 5@65lb
    Deads...
    5@135lb, 5@175lb, 5@205lb, 5@215lb, 5@215lb
    Curls...
    3 sets of 15 @40lb
    Side lateral raises...
    3 sets of 15 @8lb ea side
    Tricep kickbacks
    3 sets of 14 @19lb ea side
    Shrugs
    3 sets of 20 @ 25lb ea side
    And 3 sets of 4 assisted pullups.

Nice workout!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm a lazy cuss. :( Can we share other achievements aside from exercise? Like weight loss, getting back on the right road, anything?

Just want to add, @KickassAmazon76
    You are an empowered woman. <3
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Awesome thanks for the insight. I tend to stick with rack pulls to avoid the extreme bend in the lower back. Good luck in your competition brother.

Thanks! I don't know how well I do, but it's one of those things on the bucket list and I'm certainly not getting any younger.

Deadlift is high risk/high reward lift. You get almost as much benefit from the rack pull and reduce the risk of injury which makes it the right thing for many. Most athletes don't deadlift because of this. If I wasn't semi-obsessed with Strongman (Deadlift is the lift of the God's to most Strongmen competitors) I would lean more towards the rack pull just for the benefit to risk ratio.

It took a lot of focus on hip mobility and slowly lowering the height of where I pulled from, and low weight reps to work on strict form before I started to add weight to the bar for a conventional Deadlift.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I'm a lazy cuss. :( Can we share other achievements aside from exercise? Like weight loss, getting back on the right road, anything?

Just want to add, @KickassAmazon76
    You are an empowered woman. <3

Yes! Please do! Any achievements! Wanna gif a happy dance for an nsv? Go for it! Want to celebrate the scale moving in the right direction? This is a great place for that!

Hit the perfect yoga pose? Post it! Show us what a great Warrior pose looks like!

I'm greedy... I want it all!

(and thank you! ❤️)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    vs7a07u3y5jl.gif

Only 255 lbs. Think I got to parallel.

Looks pretty darn close to me! And "only"? 255lb is awesome! I am looking forward to the day I finally cross over 200 with confidence! 😊

Also.. Thank you for sharing!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: »

Awesome thanks for the insight. I tend to stick with rack pulls to avoid the extreme bend in the lower back. Good luck in your competition brother.

Thanks! I don't know how well I do, but it's one of those things on the bucket list and I'm certainly not getting any younger.

Deadlift is high risk/high reward lift. You get almost as much benefit from the rack pull and reduce the risk of injury which makes it the right thing for many. Most athletes don't deadlift because of this. If I wasn't semi-obsessed with Strongman (Deadlift is the lift of the God's to most Strongmen competitors) I would lean more towards the rack pull just for the benefit to risk ratio.

It took a lot of focus on hip mobility and slowly lowering the height of where I pulled from, and low weight reps to work on strict form before I started to add weight to the bar for a conventional Deadlift.

A deadlift done wrong can be very bad. It's one of those lifts where you cannot afford to have an ego, and many lifters do.

Taking the time to master form, and only progressing when the lift is solid, is the right way to go, for sure!
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A deadlift done wrong can be very bad.

This is a true story.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    Alright @KickassAmazon76, I promised. #feltbravemightdeletelater
    I'm getting back into lifting so my weights are a lot lower than they used to be. No *kitten* on form and stuff, just be glad I'm even here. People if I can do leg day, so can you!

twuq5cten1dy.gif

I know where I’m heading if they lock our state back down!

Is that a hack squat and leg press in one?

Yes Sir 😁 Got a few others too...🤔 How to get specific counties locked down?

adil0zzicpnx.jpg

Great lifting, and what a fantastic home gym!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    p408lcvayamz.gif

Cardioooooo!!!

Love it! (and the tights!)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Thanks 😊 They are my favorite
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    p408lcvayamz.gif

Cardioooooo!!!

Killing it!! 😎
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    vs7a07u3y5jl.gif

Only 255 lbs. Think I got to parallel.

It looks good and strong to me. I know a lot of people that would dream of 255#. You're doing the right things! Great job!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Well damn I found my people! Next week I'll be putting together my new squat rack so I'll get a little gif action going 😁

tenor.gif
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Well damn I found my people! Next week I'll be putting together my new squat rack so I'll get a little gif action going 😁

Yay!!!