GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,650 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

Nice deep squat. Don’t you just love those leg days wearing the masks?

I honestly love the mask and quite used to it. Cardio is messy with the condensation but I'll do my part. Thanks for the form check, I always think I'm not deep enough.

If you have to wear’em it’s good you like’em. I wear them but I do not enjoy them at all on leg day. Cardio isn’t so bad but I I’m only doing moderate cardio 3 days a week for 20 min ATM.

I am so thankful for my gym basement. I get panicky when I'm wearing the mask and my heartrate spikes. I feel like I'm suffocating. I honestly don't know if I could handle lifting with a mask.

I give you all extra special props for pushing through it. You're amazing!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,221 Member
    Options

Nice deep squat. Don’t you just love those leg days wearing the masks?

I honestly love the mask and quite used to it. Cardio is messy with the condensation but I'll do my part. Thanks for the form check, I always think I'm not deep enough.

If you have to wear’em it’s good you like’em. I wear them but I do not enjoy them at all on leg day. Cardio isn’t so bad but I I’m only doing moderate cardio 3 days a week for 20 min ATM.

I am so thankful for my gym basement. I get panicky when I'm wearing the mask and my heartrate spikes. I feel like I'm suffocating. I honestly don't know if I could handle lifting with a mask.

I give you all extra special props for pushing through it. You're amazing!

You’re sweet thank you. I’m positive there are hundreds of thousands of people who are doing right now. To workout in my gym right now you have to have one on.

I do think it is raising my hemoglobin though. I have blood early this month and it was higher than normal.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: »
    cf46qctp309b.gif
    Not a lift but a successful day getting prep done before 9pm on Sunday.

That looks like it's going to be delicious!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well... Today I was tired and running like crazy. Didn't get into my basement til after 8pm. But... I did it.

5x5@175lb. This is the last set, and it felt heavy, but I threw in an extra set of 5 after this set, so I am totally going for 180lb next round!

jc8o847fwhao.gif

And for what it's worth... I often see posts from these amazing powerhouse women, squatting 300 and 400lbs, and I feel... Inadequate. Weak. Like a faker. Like I can't dare call myself a powerlifter.

It's at that point I need to remind myself that I am me... And this is badass for ME. And THAT is the ONLY thing that counts in terms of what I am lifting.

Great Lift, Good Depth, and you made it looks easy. You’re the MVP!

I do the same thing when I watch some of my favorite strength athletes squat 700 deadlift 1000 plus and doubt sets in. But you know what... they had to start somewhere and put in the work just like you are. You are Bad-*kitten*. Great Job!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,221 Member
    Options
    Well... Today I was tired and running like crazy. Didn't get into my basement til after 8pm. But... I did it.

5x5@175lb. This is the last set, and it felt heavy, but I threw in an extra set of 5 after this set, so I am totally going for 180lb next round!

jc8o847fwhao.gif

And for what it's worth... I often see posts from these amazing powerhouse women, squatting 300 and 400lbs, and I feel... Inadequate. Weak. Like a faker. Like I can't dare call myself a powerlifter.

It's at that point I need to remind myself that I am me... And this is badass for ME. And THAT is the ONLY thing that counts in terms of what I am lifting.

It really is a great lift. Really great depth.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options

jc8o847fwhao.gif

Anything over body weight is gravy. Women who squat 300-400lbs are not the rule; they are the exception. 175-180lbs is a solid squat and you do it perfectly. Do you need to lift 300-400lbs? probably not. However, if that is your goal, you are on a solid path to 300lb squats.

Yup 👍
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options

jc8o847fwhao.gif

Anything over body weight is gravy. Women who squat 300-400lbs are not the rule; they are the exception. 175-180lbs is a solid squat and you do it perfectly. Do you need to lift 300-400lbs? probably not. However, if that is your goal, you are on a solid path to 300lb squats.

I have to remind myself of this also. With so much going on and all of the breaks in training, I'm lucky to get in the gym at all. I'll be happy to get back to at least bodyweight squats and deadlifts this week.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

jc8o847fwhao.gif

@KickassAmazon76 What K said 💯!! Your form is excellent and from what I've seen on this thread you are progressing steadily - keep it up lady you are amazing!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: »
    Great Lift, Good Depth, and you made it looks easy. You’re the MVP!

I do the same thing when I watch some of my favorite strength athletes squat 700 deadlift 1000 plus and doubt sets in. But you know what... they had to start somewhere and put in the work just like you are. You are Bad-*kitten*. Great Job!

Thank you, that means a lot! It's challenging some days to see so many people crushing it so hard, and feeling like every 5 pounds is such a grind. lol BUT... I'm not going to stop grinding! You're killing it too!
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    @KickassAmazon76 You are badass...period! Plus you're rocking the purple. 💜 Super cute, while totally being badass. 😉 #lethal

Haha thanks! :blush:(Purple is my favorite colour).
    I don't know if you can see... but my knee highs have purple stripes too. I felt so cute. Though... I really do not like sleeves while I'm lifting. I much prefer a tank! You're a sweetheart! :heart:

5ofseven wrote: »
    Everything that was said here^^^

Plus, you're tall, and a long legged woman, and getting great depth. That's a whole lot of travel that I'm sure some of your favorite athletes aren't having to perform. That 180 (you'll get that easily based on what I see), is a different equation based on your depth and height.

Best looking man I ever saw lift benched over 500 pounds in single rep max. He was 5'7" maybe, and gorgeous. Even coming deep into his chest, the bar traveled six inches tops. He was super impressive, but the physics of what you're body is and what you are doing, it's just two very different machines at work, so you really shouldn't compare the two.

Thank you! The height really does feel like it puts me at a disadvantage. The one time I competed, there was one other lady in my class. She was a full 12" shorter than me - but same weight. When she did her deadlift (sumo compared to my squat) she had to move the bar like 8" max. Then I get up there and it's like... DAMN, that's a long way to travel! Needless to say, she had the same mass packed into a smaller body, and significantly outlifted me. haha... BUT I got a silver! LOL (aka came in last :laugh:)

If I can lose 1.8 pounds, then my next lift will be my bodyweight. I really want to cross over 200 confidently, but honestly my mind is afraid. I need to fight it every lift and remind myself that I have got this.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I might be able to get a pic, not a gif....I'll ask a friend
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    You know - I work out at a local gym - been going steady for about 2 years now - I’m the smallest guy there - all those guys lift way more than me - it used to bother me - but then i realized I’m not competing with them - I’ve got stronger since I started - I got my squat up to 205 last year then hurt my back and haven’t got past 185 since - recently started 5x5’s back up and completely deloaded and started over and adding the 5lbs per week - I’m just now back to 145 - in my head I want to get to a 300lb squat - 225 bench and at least a 115 ohp - will I make idk - but I’ll keep trying - you’re kicking *kitten* - keep up the grind - it’s inspiring my friend

Thank you, and you too! Deloading and starting over is a bit of a mind *kitten*. Pride tells me to add more weight, but fear tells me to trust the process. Every time I start doing well, it seems something happens... so I am trying so hard to be careful. I hope to see you share your progress here!
    I might be able to get a pic, not a gif....I'll ask a friend

That would be awesome! I like how this thread is morphing. :smiley:
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 Random but I just noticed your shoes in the squat. Are those lifting shoes? They look like it but GIF's can play tricks :) If so do you like them? Do you potentially have a model name? Like I said random... Anyway keep up the good work!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

jc8o847fwhao.gif

Wow, so I'll need to lose another 100# before I can even come close to lifting my body weight. :p

@Kickassamazon, as always, amazing to watch how effortlessly you appear to lift. <3