GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: »
    @KickassAmazon76 Random but I just noticed your shoes in the squat. Are those lifting shoes? They look like it but GIF's can play tricks :) If so do you like them? Do you potentially have a model name? Like I said random... Anyway keep up the good work!

nobullproject.com has a nice selection. They are quality. Have two pairs.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 Random but I just noticed your shoes in the squat. Are those lifting shoes? They look like it but GIF's can play tricks :) If so do you like them? Do you potentially have a model name? Like I said random... Anyway keep up the good work!

nobullproject.com has a nice selection. They are quality. Have two pairs.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to check them out.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,650 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

They ARE lifting shoes. I actually bought them off kijiji (buy/sell) from a guy for $100 (they were regularly about 180). I think they're adidas, but I'll check and let you know. - eta: yep Adidas Adipower.

I like them. They keep my feet from sliding around in my shoes, I can plant better, they don't slip, and they don't have give in the sole. It's like lifting barefoot, but with grippy bottoms and a very slight wedge.
  • dsc84
    Options

They ARE lifting shoes. I actually bought them off kijiji (buy/sell) from a guy for $100 (they were regularly about 180). I think they're adidas, but I'll check and let you know. - eta: yep Adidas Adipower.

I like them. They keep my feet from sliding around in my shoes, I can plant better, they don't slip, and they don't have give in the sole. It's like lifting barefoot, but with grippy bottoms and a very slight wedge.

Thank you. I'll check them out as well.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Thank you. I'll check them out as well.

Normally I wouldn't buy shoes used... but the guy used them 3 times. They were basically brand new and my size so I jumped at it! And they were an exact match (size and all) to a pair my buddy let me try on at the gym.

• dsc84
    Options
    Here goes...
    i7papyo8f2ev.jpg
    j3qetxkb8pfm.jpg
    ht7lgyklef5d.jpg
    Not a GIF but...shows beginning, full depth, and the ascent.

That’s great depth! Awesome lift.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Here goes...
    i7papyo8f2ev.jpg
    j3qetxkb8pfm.jpg
    ht7lgyklef5d.jpg

That’s great depth! Awesome lift.

I concur! Great job and I'm so glad you shared!! ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    More deadlifts. Honestly these are bad angles. Backside and front side look terrible. I have no Butt so it always looks like my back is rounding. But it went up easy. Supposed to be lighter day so maxed out at 365 for 5.

uaciz8e2ha9x.gif

ndkp9huuz9d3.gif

You make it look like you're just lifting the bar! It just goes up so easily! 😍
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Here goes...
    i7papyo8f2ev.jpg
    j3qetxkb8pfm.jpg
    ht7lgyklef5d.jpg

Great lift - look at your head/neck position in the first pic - try to maintain that all the way down - rather than looking straight ahead when you descend - this was suggested on the 5x5 Reddit sub - I tried it and it feels a bit more comfortable to me - I’m no expert just thought I’d pass along something that’s helped me - keep up the grind
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    More deadlifts. Honestly these are bad angles. Backside and front side look terrible. I have no Butt so it always looks like my back is rounding. But it went up easy. Supposed to be lighter day so maxed out at 365 for 5.

uaciz8e2ha9x.gif

ndkp9huuz9d3.gif

Well done man
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,221 Member
    Options
    Here goes...
    i7papyo8f2ev.jpg
    j3qetxkb8pfm.jpg
    ht7lgyklef5d.jpg

How dare you cheat us out of a gif!?!

I’m kidding this is awesome. Nice squat.
  • dsc84
    edited February 2021
    Options

You make it look like you're just lifting the bar! It just goes up so easily! 😍

Thank you. You’re always so encouraging. I really appreciate that!

cowsfan12 wrote: »

Well done man
    Thank you.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    rcl6 wrote: »
    I love this thread. Let’s keep it going everyone!

I agree! So motivational!
  • dsc84
    Options
    Idk how to post a video on here but pretty psyched that the 215 I pulled during my meet last month I was able to pull for 4.... 215 may not sound like much but I’m 122 and 4’11 so it sure does feel like it 🤣

s64fhgy4i1et.jpeg
    2cdb191ly9by.jpeg
    8zm7c48gd91e.jpeg
    25if2aodqncb.jpeg

Get It! That’s a great pull. I’m impressed.