What's on your mind?

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I have got to find something to occupy my days.
    The boredom is making me loopy.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    5ofseven wrote: Β»
    Debating the finer qualities of the dad bod thread and the mom bod thread and the suits thread and the dresses thread. I think I've identified the winner.

i0htvlc2mmqb.gif

Read your previous comment and thought ... Only one thread would top all of these ... " The Nekkid" thread.πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    My dad.. he's been pretty good lately but last night he had a fall. Why, why was he wandering down in the muddy horse yards at 8.30pm? His answer... I don't remember why I went there. πŸ˜’
    So he fell and figures he was there about 3 hours ( can't confirm) but Im sure it felt like a long time.
    Banged up knee, hip and skin off his side.
    These falls are becoming a real worry, I know I can't bubble wrap him but I'm worried its only a matter of time before he breaks a bone..
    Thats what's on my mind.. πŸ˜”

I feel this so hard. My dad recently fell in the bathroom, smashed his face on the floor and bled for about 45 minutes before he could get up. My mom is deaf, so she couldn't hear him calling for help, so he just lay there.

It's so scary knowing they are so helpless now, and also so hard to see our once strong parents failing.

Sending you big hugs and hopes that your dad is ok.

Sending you both love, hugs and prayers for your Dads.

πŸ€— thank you.. good to see you πŸ™‚
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    My dad.. he's been pretty good lately but last night he had a fall. Why, why was he wandering down in the muddy horse yards at 8.30pm? His answer... I don't remember why I went there. πŸ˜’
    So he fell and figures he was there about 3 hours ( can't confirm) but Im sure it felt like a long time.
    These falls are becoming a real worry, I know I can't bubble wrap him but I'm worried its only a matter of time before he breaks a bone..

I feel this so hard. My dad recently fell in the bathroom, smashed his face on the floor and bled for about 45 minutes before he could get up. My mom is deaf, so she couldn't hear him calling for help, so he just lay there.

It's so scary knowing they are so helpless now, and also so hard to see our once strong parents failing.

Sending you both love, hugs and prayers for your Dads.

πŸ€— thank you.. good to see you πŸ™‚

Ditto Jo! Thanks much girlie!
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Cartocci
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    I have been managing a family so long that when I occasionally eat restaurant food, I often think β€œmine is better.” Not fancy food but normal household fare. The only reason to eat out is to avoid doing dishes.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021

Oh no :( I'm so very sorry Jo. <3 It's so hard and heart breaking. Does he have help or someone to help care for him, keep watch on him? Does he have any kind of help alert or lifeline button to push?? That'd be a good thing for him to have IF he'll wear it and use it. (NVM I just saw where he does have one but doesn't always wear it :()
    It's hard for you, as a daughter, to watch. And hard for him to realize he doesn't have the abilities he once had. :( I'm sorry. {{HUGS}} to you.
    Another thought though, don't they have visual security systems available for these types of situations? I don't know anything about technology but a camera might be beneficial? Just a thought.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Yikes, does he have a life alert type button? Course needing one and actually using it are 2 different things. But really, it sounds like a very good idea for him. :( Wanting to stay home and continue to live independently is hard for everyone but it's where most people are happiest. :( But there are so many resources 'out there' to tap into that can make it happen. I hope he is or starts using them. :(

It's very scary for all, and heartbreaking. {{HUGS}} to you Kickass
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,620 Member
    I have been managing a family so long that when I occasionally eat restaurant food, I often think β€œmine is better.” Not fancy food but normal household fare. The only reason to eat out is to avoid doing dishes.

This is why I eat out. All my dishes are dirty...4 plates don't go far