Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    ALLIE so glad you’re back in touch ❤️

Kate
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 33min 29sec, 3.17ap, 181elev, 85ahr, 111mhr, 8.12mi= 714c
    Strava app = 984c

Total cal 714
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Gilad’s Step Aerobics DVD. Not bad. I do need to get back in the groove for exercise, but I’m getting there. The plan for tomorrow is to do an AM Yoga DVD.

Soup kitchen today and then I need to stop at WalMart to get a prescription. I also want to stop at Food Lion, I totally forgot to check out the hot dogs for vince when I was there Monday. I work this Monday and I’m afraid that I’m going to forget. Also, just in case they are out of stock, I know that they aren’t giving out rainchecks (due to the pandemic, that’s the reason all the time) because they don’t know that the warehouse will get the item in stock or when they will <why is this a problem since their rainchecks don’t have an expiration date?>. Afterwards, I’ll probably come home to make some chili for me to put in the freezer.

Katla – I love Healthy Choice mint chocolate chip ice cream. Do they even make it any more? Actually, I like any mint chocolate chip ice cream. But by the time I got finished, it was no longer a Healthy Choice

Kylia – what a sweet thing for your husband to say!

Margaret and Tracey (((hug))) So sad. Margaret – I’m glad you have Drew

Stopped to see Lynette, had some coupons for her. I was very surprised that Ken has not gotten his vaccination yet. I have a feeling that Lynette just told them that he was in pain. If it had been me, I would have really pushed it. But it’s not me. Then the soup kitchen, then WalMart for a prescription which they didn’t have so I’ll have to go to another WalMart, probably tomorrow. Then Food Lion, the hot dogs I want are on sale only they were out of stock of them. Came home and made chili for me and the spinach feta pie for Adra. We’re going to see her tomorrow after we go to drop off things to be shredded.

Heather – “Cabs for Jabs” is a wonderful idea.

Lisa – did they mention an ablation on the heart?

Teresa OH – I’m not liking the way my coleslaw is looking so while I was at Food Lion I got another head of cabbage and I’ll try again. Your crochet is wonderful!

Barbara – when I was doing that step aerobics DVD, any time you had to step back, I made sure I stepped with the entire ball of my foot. I didn’t do any lunges. Actually, it’ll probably be a long time (if ever) before I do a lunge. Good luck at the dentist

Allie – you have no idea how worried I was about you! Thanks for popping in. So glad the surgery went well.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s

Kylia maybe your MIL is telling you it’s a good thing you have to be away from the store for a whole afternoon… ;) Thank goodness for the monitor. Hate it when doctors conclude (on inadequate evidence) that their patients’ issues are “all in their head.” Your Dr sounds like a good one. Beautiful dawn!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 27, weigh/wii: 28/12/36 29/12/36 steps>5592=2256 vits=26 log=28 CI<CO=25 CI<250<CO=21 Tumble 5=24 Shadow 5=25 mfp=28 outside=25 up hill=22
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=3 dance=4 clean 60 mins=16.75 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142. 1/17: 142.4 1/24: 140!!!
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=3 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=16 play=22 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

My husband had to deal with a doctor(his primary ph.) thinking the pain he was having was "all in his head".
    He went in because he thought his knee was bad. Doctor first sent him to psych- then sent him to physical therapy. He wouldn't refer him to ortho. Thankfully one of my daycare parents worked in that dept at Kaiser. She got him in right away. That doctor originally thought he was trying to get out of work- but did send him for x-rays. As he was walking out of the room he said to get x-rays of his hips along with his knees. When he came back after the tests the doctor was sure treating him different- he told him- good news is your knees are fine, bad news is your hips are shot and you need to have them both replaced. He was 48 when he had them replaced the first time(then had them both again when the first set failed less than 5 yrs later)
    Yea, pain was all in his head- NOT!

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Debbie - quite a few years ago I fractured my ankle. I just KNEW something wasn't right. I kept asking for a bone density test over and over. My MD at the time kept saying "we don't recommend that for someone who hasn't gone thru menopause yet". But I kept on. To be honest, I think she did it mainly to shut me up. Boy, was she ever surprised when it came back that I had osteoporosis.

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    <3
    Allie! Yay! Please follow instructions! Baby steps for sure! Thank you again from all of us for letting us know you are okay.

So many losses....:( HUGS

Lisa- In my non-medical opinion, I would pursue a cardiologist. I understand the medicine balance, but the heart meds shouldn't be zapping your energy. Like I said, I am not a doctor, but just wanted to share. Thank you for the information on the yogurt. I do take probiotics daily. I will try harder to get my yogurt in. If I don't take pills and miss too many days of yogurt, the yeast flares up.

I will catch up more in a few. On phone getting in steps.
    😍🦋🙏❤🥰
    Kylia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: Your photo looks like a very full ditch. I hope it stays in its banks & doesn’t flood. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I am delighted to see your post and happy for you that the surgery went well!!!!! :heart:

Lisa: You are human, and not one bit more defective than others. I admire you. :noway:

Michele: I am not quite an “Ice-cream-aholic” but some days I splurge and get a little too close to the line. :wink:

I am ready to rest. I hope to find something entertaining on TV. I like lots of animal programs. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a good one.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • kymarai
    Kelly- I just ran into my wall and dropped my phone on the top of my foot watching your video of the kids pushing the baby! The phone is okay! Foot hurts. But I am still laughing!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Allie <3<3:)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Hi ladies.
    I'm doing okay. Diet is not wonderful but not terrible either. Mostly below 1200 calories except for one bad day. Exercise was going pretty well. I can do about 14 knee push-ups but then I get a sharp pain in my elbow. It went away again. I didn't do my marching today because I am still stiff from yesterday's workout.

My mom was extra tired this week. I suggested she might see a doctor, but she didn't like that idea. She is 88. My dad has been pushing her to exercise more, but she won't.

Expecting snow this weekend. I'm grateful for a warm house.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Dentist yesterday took longer and did not go well. Yes had to remove the bridge. Anchor tooth down below gum line so not strong enough to support new bridge. Need to extend over eyetooth, means another 2+ hr appointment to crown prep it.

Machka I have NOT enjoyed 2+ hours in the dentist’s chair. Thought of you as he had to give additional shots to numb the supposedly insensitive-to-pain root canalled tooth. Could your telehealth Dr order an MRI? Having such pain that you can’t step up onto the bus to get to work should be reason enough?

Dentist - Sorry about the dentist appointment. I can sympathise - mine haven't been great either. :( I apparently have rogue nerves that don't travel the usual paths and you might too.

Hip - I am going to make a GP appointment via telehealth as well. I have been so tired for some time now. I thought that when I finished my uni course I would have time to rest and would feel less tired. I am getting a little bit more sleep, I don't have quite so many deadlines (but still some), yet I feel more and more tired. So I'd like to get a full bloodwork thing done. And if my physio hasn't ordered an MRI on my hip, I'll get my GP to do it. But I suspect my physio will.

Speech Speed - This is one area I have had to develop patience. I do prefer people who talk slightly slower, especially here in Australia. I have become used to most of the accents here so that I don't hear them any more. I actually hear Canadian accents now even though I think I must still have mine. But there are still some Australian accents I have to listen closely to in order to understand them.

In addition, we have quite a high Asian population here. My uni classes consisted of about 50% Chinese, 40% Indian (from India), and about 10% from the Middle East and other areas of Asia. I was usually the only Australian. Occasionally there were 2 or 3 from Europe and in my last couple classes, there were a few from South America.

So we all had to speak slowly to understand each other!

And then there is my husband. The language centre of his brain has been affected so he has trouble expressing himself and finding words. He'll start talking and then stop to hunt for the word or a similar word or phrase. In that time, I quietly try to guess where he's going and what the word might be. Sometimes he'll get it and the conversation will continue. Other times, he'll get frustrated and want me to start guessing. I've actually become quite good at guessing but it means I really have to focus and the conversation is very stop-and-go. Patience. Much patience.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Your photo looks like a very full ditch. I hope it stays in its banks & doesn’t flood. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I am delighted to see your post and happy for you that the surgery went well!!!!! :heart:

Lisa: You are human, and not one bit more defective than others. I admire you. :noway:

Michele: I am not quite an “Ice-cream-aholic” but some days I splurge and get a little too close to the line. :wink:

I am ready to rest. I hope to find something entertaining on TV. I like lots of animal programs. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a good one.

Katla in NW Oregon

That’s down the trail that we walk on every day. It looks good
  • kymarai
    Welcome Diane!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    🌹⭐️🌹⭐️🌹