• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Sunday: Livestream church, BP, veg prep, dogs to powerline, today: honestly logging yesterday’s excesses, minutes printed for Cam, Christopher, Howard, emailed to Ronda, called electric coop about capital credit, grant info followup to Bill.
    Bonus: Sunday: 40 mins vacuuming, 33 mins cleaning, watched “Thirteen Days”. Monday: fire hall delivered minutes, blank NFIRS forms, got email addresses, showed Susan which fields on the new form need info from call sheets, asked Howard about roster numbering system, updated roster emailed, 2 loads laundry and changed linens.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call S, volunteer firefighter letter to Cam’s employer, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, bottle return, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, submit grant pics and receipts, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Tuesday FEMA AFG grant application webinar, : call Freddie’s to follow up rx, Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    16: Get outside and notice five things that are beautiful: the stars this morning were stunning after yesterday’s gloom.
    17: Contribute positively to a good cause or your community: yesterday: Bethany, last month St. Tim’s, public (KHSU) and community (KCIW) radio stations.
    18: Focus on what’s good even if today feels tough: What’s good? Waking up feeling good, tea, electricity, hot water, propane stove, internet, shelter from the wind, starry skies, the gals on this thread, Joe going to the dentist and caring for his teeth . . . all are good.

Reading but too pooped to comment much.

Flea I am so with your mother and Tracey. I could eat a baked potato for dinner every night and did a lot when I was in my twenties.

Favorite exercise? There was a time when the answer would definitely have been “turning the pages of my favorite books.” But now I can say walking, line dancing and aqua Zumba. Alas the latter is not available to me here.

Carol, Tracie and dandl1986, there is a Richard Simmons Sweating with the Oldies video tape on the shelf next to our TV and yes, we even have a VHS player that works. So you know how old we are!

Kay your cocktail sounds appealing.

Penny OK you’ve persuaded me that I’d love the Svalbard reindeer. “…the sun will rise in just four weeks!” made me stop and smile.

Beth :love: Smooch that pooch, but Oh! Those paws! The better for to protect you my dear.

Ginny chin ups or pull ups are about as likely for me as that 1982 Jane Fonda’s “beginner” workout. :laugh:

Tracey prayers for your schoolmate’s son. It’s so hard when the patient is young and has children. ((hugs))

Tonight I had calories to spare and was low on protein so started to make a bowl of yoghurt with honey and walnuts, when I stopped. I wasn’t hungry, why was I making something to eat? Instead I was cold. So I made a hot cocoa with a full serving of non-fat dry milk. Helped with the protein, took the chill off and I didn’t eat something I wasn’t hungry for.

Could not make myself stand up and walk with Leslie Sansone to reach my steps goals. Just too tired.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 18, weigh/wii: 10/33, steps>5592=4760 vits=17 log=18 CI<CO=16 CI<250<CO=14 Tumble 5=17 Shadow 5=17 mfp=18 outside=18 up hill=16
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=2 dance=4 clean 60 mins=6.5 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142. 1/17: 142.4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=10 play=14 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Bwctc: What a beautiful pup. Is a chocolate lab? :smiley:

Machka: Congrats on having no classes. You’ve earned your Master’s and a time out from more classes. :star:

Tracey: So sorry to hear that your friend’s son is on a ventilator. I hope he recovers soon. Sending prayers for Dillon. :flowerforyou:

I am hoping to get my new glasses tomorrow. The ones I haver were seriously scratched when I tripped on the curb & fell down the steps. Luckily, my bruising is pretty much gone. I am hoping to reuse my glasses frame because it is very comfortable.

We have no idea when we can get vaccinated. We think that it will be in February.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Trying something here ...

OK, this link (in the spoiler, just in case) comes from a page called Tasmania: "The page for those who live in Tasmania or love holidays in Tasmania. You will find photos, videos and stories all about our magical State."

If you click the link, you should be taken to a post with 16 nice photos of Tasmania - not my photos, I've never posted photos there.

This site posts collections of photos similar to these several times a week. If you're on FB, you could "Like" the Tasmania site to see the photos in your newsfeed ... if you wanted. For me, it's a nice break from the political stuff. :)

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Tasmania is beautiful!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning all, awful weather, wind and rain.
    Here in my neck of the woods vaccinations seem to be going ok, DH and I may get called soon. We will get it mainly because the kids will be upset if we don’t. We feel there are a lot of unanswered questions about immunity but heigh ho.
    We have booked flights to Spain end of May, if we can’t go then we’ll transfer them until later in the year. We can cancel our accommodation up until 2 days before, no money paid yet. So uncertain but gives us something to look forward to.
    Lost another 1lb this week👍 off to do my workout now, no walk outside unfortunately😢
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    Options
    Julie: You could just end up with worse with a family trade. lol!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all...

Had a text on my phone when I woke up from my bank - my credit card got hit last night for a bit over $300, with a charge in Atlanta. So, once more, I have my card locked, they're replacing the card, and they declined that charge, as well as another charge to a ticket agency. I'm so pleased at the fact that their algorithm triggered an alert that these were unexpected charges, and that it was caught in time. And I so hate that some human is out there using my number for fraud, essentially doing their dead level best to steal from me and my husband.

:/ It makes me so sad and angry at the same time.

A couple of good things, though - my husband's card on the same account has a different number, and his was not compromised. And all recurring charges are set up on another credit card, so I don't have to go in and resubmit all my automatic bills again. Had to do that about this time last year. Makes me wonder if all the thieves aren't more active this time of year as people are getting all their bills in from Christmas and might not notice yet one more on their credit card. I will never understand a thief's mindset, no matter how hard I try.

And discussing all this with some lovely woman in India at 4:30 a.m. my time, and having to make her spell things like "tickets," so I could understand what she was telling me is not how I prefer to interact with my first cup of coffee. I don't like to interact verbally AT ALL with my first cup of coffee. But, she was very nice, and had a lovely laugh, so it could have been worse.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Kate UK - I'm hesitant to book anything because I'm not sure if the company will still be in business as the year progresses! I know I can pay with a credit card for protection, but getting refunds for three trips last year was very nail biting . :#
    I think I will just see how the land lies as the vaccine progresses. I'm sure it will be a requirement for cruises etc. Judging by the latest brochures some popular river cruises are fully booked for May!

Looking forward to my singing group Zoom today. I'm taking a day off writing to wash my hair and primp myself so I don't frighten the horses. :D We won't actually be singing together as we will be muted, but Jason will be playing and singing so we can join in with gusto.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Slept in until 7! Now to get ready for work. Good thing I dont leave until 815.

Great job, Barbara!
    Tina- I am mad for you too!

Prayers!
    Hugs!
    Great day!
    Make the best choice you can at the moment!

Kylia in Ohio where the sun may shine today!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! I have put a sign on my fridge that says "NO! YOU ARE NOT HUNGRY!" lol I am back up over 250, again. In a week! Nuts! Not sure what kind of trauma my brain is going through; but just functioning day to day seems to be all it can handle. So frustrating. But I really need to get my eating/weight gain under control. I have never been an end of the day exerciser; but I think I need to push myself out the door or schedule some elliptical/weight training time for the evenings. If only to keep myself from mindless snacking! Evenings and weekends are like a free for all.
    Goals for this week:
    Move in the evenings
    No food after 6pm
    No alcohol for the time being
    Cardio daily

I will reevaluate on Sunday and see how I did.

Beth- What a sweet pup!
    Michele- regarding sippy cups. I would say MOST (95%) of all parents have their kids drinking out of sippy cups from age 1 to age 6 or older! The problem with that is sippy cups are a "transition tool" to take kids from bottles to regular cups and glasses. There are skills that they need to acquire that drinking out of a regular cup provides. I, generally, start a child with a sippy cup at age 1. I also remove the silicone "stop leak" thing in the mouthpiece. SO...the child needs to learn to regulate the flow of the liquid. (at my house cups do not leave the kitchen) By age 1 1/2 I give them a regular cup with about an ounce of liquid in it. Once they get the hang of controlling the tilt of the cup/flow of the liquid, I increase the amount of liquid in the cup. Sometimes, you get a kiddo that doesn't understand that they need to lift and tilt the cup to get the liquid to flow out. When that happens, I fill the cup with water (about 3/4 full), that way they only have to tilt it a little to get a drink. It is a messy first couple of days, but most kids get this within a day or two. They also learn to stop throwing/shaking their cups! That said, whether a kid does this at home is up to the parents. Most parents allow kids to carry their cups everywhere with them. My daughter and son in law do this. It has taken me a couple of years of urging; but in the past year (Joaquin turned 3 last March) they finally moved Joaquin to a regular cup! Miguel is constantly after Joaquin's cups, so I am sure they will be giving Miguel his own cup within the next few months (Miguel turned one in October).

Kids arriving! ttfn xoxox KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and walked already.having gingerale and saltines. As my tummy isnt good in the morning..
    They are springing me today so I can go home..gosh it will be wonderful to sleep in my own bed..they changed me from Coumadin to Eliquis for right now..so no blood draws etc...
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    immunity/vaccines
    very slow here. I know of one guy who's dad is in very poor health and over 80 who is getting vaccine today, and his mom also 80 in relatively good health scheduled for early March.

I have read that women maintain immunity (on average) longer than men, both lasting just a few months

I saw on UK gov't site, "We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. "
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Side note: I was in my hubby's office talking to him, and I noticed his screen saver was a beautiful island town. I was thinking something along the lines of Greenland/Iceland. I was close. He found a series of pics and an article about Lofoten, Norway! He is not a traveler, but he said he wants to go there! Maybe there is still hope for travel in our future!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Allie- Home sounds wonderful! My husband has done well on Eliquis for 3 years now. It is s little pricey to me but less risky then some others! Gentle hugs!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and walked already.having gingerale and saltines. As my tummy isnt good in the morning..
    They are springing me today so I can go home..gosh it will be wonderful to sleep in my own bed..they changed me from Coumadin to Eliquis for right now..so no blood draws etc...

Have they decided what to do with you - another surgery? waiting for replacement parts?
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading all your posts!

Grateful today
    1. lovely, participative students
    2. not too cold or rainy to go for a little walk for lunch break
    3. last 3 classes have gone well
    4. little to no sugar craving at present
    5. slept ok

Good things done recently
    1. went for tiny walk in morning, before class (it's dark out then)
    2. 16 texts corrected yesterday
    3. helped orient one student in early class today, and gave format for them to give supportive advice to and help orient one another.

Feel like not tracking today.

non-tracking monster is present. :#
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    KJ - We had a series on our BBC of a series set in the Lofoten Islands called TWINS. Or TWIN? We enjoyed the two series. Might be worth seeing if you can get hold of it. We missed stopping there on a cruise because of bad weather, but it looked amazing from a distance. Very disappointing for us as we had booked a RIB trip to see the marine life around the cliffs.

Deaths in the UK from covid this week the worst in the world per population. :'( Nursing homes still bad. One in eight English people have antibodies from an infection.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Lisa we were hit twice this year. One a bank account and one a credit card, so I understand your frustration. I look at accounts daily to check this is not happening. Your right if you catch early easier to fix.

With the icy sidewalks Drew and I have to shorten our walks. Most of the people in our neighborhood have their done. The problems are the driveways where they go in and out. They can be quite icy. There is a nice long sidewalk cleared around the school right up the street and the bike lanes on main roads are clear. It is worse at son's house so I will be walking around here.Now rather than 2-3 a day we are down to a mile. I make it up for here by playing more fetch in the house. I am just eating less to make it up for me.

Our weather has been very grey too. Up side is it keeps temps warmer downside IT IS GREY!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Kelly - Lofoten IS spectacular. They say God got distracted when distributing beauty on the world and gave the coast of Norway a double dose. If you ever get there (or to Svalbard, for that matter) let me know and maybe we can meet up. :wink:

Despite cold and wind, lethargy and resistance, I got myself out the door for a 7-km jog today. Yay me!

They say one symptom of covid-19 is a loss of smell. I started losing my sense of smell a few years ago and chalked it up to age. But in recent months, I've noticed my sense of smell improving. I guess I might have had a virus or something and now I'm recovering. Whatever the reason, I'm overjoyed to be experiencing the vanilla scent rising off the butter beans let soak overnight.

/Penny, happy at the
    t07190.gif