The Many Faces (selfie thread)

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    At least two people in this thread have mentioned that they've gotten negative feedback here on MFP after intimately sharing pieces of their life story. I'm really sorry that ever happened. It's disappointing. The mere fact that you've come back to open up and share your stories again is a testament to your resilience.

On the flip side, I've seen at least one disagree in the thread too. Generally, I tend not to pay attention to "Disagrees" or I'll troll back for my entertainment. But of all places to be uncouth, let it not be here. Like, really, any other thread where people aren't sharing their mental health testimony is fine. Stay kind out here, y'all.

I told naughty @lisamestiza2021 that she was the sweetest and she disagreed 😆

But maybe there were others.

I agree and am glad the ones who got mistreated came back 💪🏻🙌🏻
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    I told naughty @lisamestiza2021 that she was the sweetest and she disagreed 😆

Aww, Lisa's definitely not uncouth and she IS one of the sweetest. Glad you're back @lisamestiza2021!
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    At least two people in this thread have mentioned that they've gotten negative feedback here on MFP after intimately sharing pieces of their life story. I'm really sorry that ever happened. It's disappointing. The mere fact that you've come back to open up and share your stories again is a testament to your resilience.

On the flip side, I've seen at least one disagree in the thread too. Generally, I tend not to pay attention to "Disagrees" or I'll troll back for my entertainment. But of all places to be uncouth, let it not be here. Like, really, any other thread where people aren't sharing their mental health testimony is fine. Stay kind out here, y'all.

I'm used to them 😆
  • lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    41ib68ihhnrd.jpeg
    qj5x3rgx4aa1.jpeg

The second pic was the night my son won his local little league championship- when we went home that night we told the kids I was moving out - broke their heart and mine - my divorce was a dark time for me - I felt like the biggest failure - felt I had nothing to offer anyone and if I didn’t have my kids not sure I’d be here - they were the only reason I got outta bed most days - my dad wasn’t around much when I was a kid so I’ve always said I’ll always be there for my kiddos - I drank quite a bit back then to kill the feels - but eventually chit got better.. some days I still struggle with self doubt - anxiety- depression- and I take a what I call a crazy pill daily - I’ve tried to stop but seems I fall back when I do - could be all in my head .. who knows .. I’m in a better place now - I’ve set some goals and working toward them - I’ve met a good woman - but my happiness does not depend on her -

The first pic is me with one of my best childhood friends - he suffered from depression for years - and sadly took his own life a few days before Christmas.. inhad reached out to him a few weeks before to see how he was doing and tell
    Him chit would get better - you really just don’t know what someone is going through - we all have many faces and most don’t show our dark side to anyone - be kind to yourselves my friends..

This chit chat community really helped me during my worst time - it was a good distraction- and I genuinely dig and care some of you cats - you cats aight in my book - I’ll quit rambling now

don't stop *rambling*.... *hug* i'm sorry for your loss R...it's hard when someone takes their life. my friend is currently dealing with suicidal thoughts ...as for women: i'm good to hear you say that someone doesn't *complete* you - that she adds to your life but isn't critical FOR your life. you'll always be one of my fave peeps here... <3
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    41ib68ihhnrd.jpeg
    qj5x3rgx4aa1.jpeg

The second pic was the night my son won his local little league championship- when we went home that night we told the kids I was moving out - broke their heart and mine - my divorce was a dark time for me - I felt like the biggest failure - felt I had nothing to offer anyone and if I didn’t have my kids not sure I’d be here - they were the only reason I got outta bed most days - my dad wasn’t around much when I was a kid so I’ve always said I’ll always be there for my kiddos - I drank quite a bit back then to kill the feels - but eventually chit got better.. some days I still struggle with self doubt - anxiety- depression- and I take a what I call a crazy pill daily - I’ve tried to stop but seems I fall back when I do - could be all in my head .. who knows .. I’m in a better place now - I’ve set some goals and working toward them - I’ve met a good woman - but my happiness does not depend on her -

The first pic is me with one of my best childhood friends - he suffered from depression for years - and sadly took his own life a few days before Christmas.. inhad reached out to him a few weeks before to see how he was doing and tell
    Him chit would get better - you really just don’t know what someone is going through - we all have many faces and most don’t show our dark side to anyone - be kind to yourselves my friends..

This chit chat community really helped me during my worst time - it was a good distraction- and I genuinely dig and care some of you cats - you cats aight in my book - I’ll quit rambling now

You know you got a piece of my heart.
    ❤️❤️❤️
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    @twitchandshout @Kashmir_314_ @CacoEther @lisamestiza2021

Some of the best Internet stranger friends I gots - I come here for the lulz you you ladies never let me down - stay golden ladies stay golden

btgj696ybmip.gif
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member
    5ofseven wrote: »

Some of the best Internet stranger friends I gots - I come here for the lulz you you ladies never let me down - stay golden ladies stay golden

btgj696ybmip.gif

I can go all night homie 🤷‍♂️—
  • 5ofseven

btgj696ybmip.gif

I've heard this, impressive cardio burns. 🥵
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member

btgj696ybmip.gif

Psst. Take out the tags first😁
  • CacoEther

btgj696ybmip.gif

btgj696ybmip.gif

I took this as a golden girls reference and not a dis

But tbf i have never seen golden girls so I might be giving 5/7rds too much credit
  • 5ofseven
    edited January 2021

btgj696ybmip.gif

btgj696ybmip.gif

But tbf i have never seen golden girls so I might be giving 5/7rds too much credit

I fart in your general direction
  • CacoEther

btgj696ybmip.gif

btgj696ybmip.gif

I fart in your general direction

😂😂😂
  • cowsfan12

btgj696ybmip.gif

It really is - total fat burner bro -

It’s my gift it’s my curse
  • cowsfan12

btgj696ybmip.gif

Psst. Take out the tags first😁

Oops - noted
  • 5ofseven
    edited January 2021

btgj696ybmip.gif

Are homies and bros required to be male? Asking for a friend.

ETA: I can make balloon animals
  • cowsfan12
    edited January 2021

btgj696ybmip.gif

Are homies and bros required to be male? Asking for a friend.

ETA: I can make balloon animals

Hmm - idk these days - my daughter calls all her friends bro and homie so I really think it’s a unisex term these days bro -

ETA: what’s your most requested animal?