Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Today will be AF day 9.

Physically I feel great. But the next few weeks will present wild unexpected cravings out of the blue. That's what happened last time. To prep, I went to a Total Wine store that sells individual non-alcoholic beers and bought a bunch of different ones to have on hand "in case of emergency".

So far the best ones for me is "Moritz 0,0" (I add about a third of a lime to it to make it taste like a Corona)

Comments on others:
    Upside Dawn from Athletic Brewing (citrusy, but this one gave me bloating so I won't repeat).
    The Run Wild version is supposedly ranked best in taste tests, but it's very IPA-ish and I don't like that bitterness.
    Buckner from Holland I did not like but my beer expert husband thought it was the more beer-like one of the bunch.

@MissMay for Bodypump, I do Youtube - different ones from Lazuria Zaphet. It's great, she has many series of varying lengths. She recently re-named many of her series as "body strength" since I think Les Mills didn't want her copying them. I like her sound quality better than Les Mills on youtube (I find their series does incessant talking which is distracting) and her music selection is good. My barbell set I bought online from MOSSA, only $125 and it's gym quality; bench from Walmart $50.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I originally decided to drink less to lose weight.
    I have been on this thread since Nov 28.18
    Thank you to @MissMay for keeping us going.

I am going to post with my usual diary style to keep track of my AF days.
    I will be keeping to my usual goal of 16-20 AF days per month. It is manageable for me and doesn't put too much pressure on me. So far I have been able to keep with it. One month I raised the goal and failed miserably, so I learned from that. I think this is my sweet spot.

Monday Feb 01 - AF - Had to at least start the month with an AF day to set the tone for myself.
    Tuesday Feb 02 - Drinks. I used to always designate Tuesdays as my "drinks" day, because it is a very long work day paying very little. I worked to get away from that behaviour and was successful many times. My willpower didn't hold out tonight. I want to only have drinks NOT to relieve stress. I just stumbled a little.
    Wednesday Feb 03 - AF - Planned AF
    Thursday Feb 04 - AF - Because I needed 2 in a row. Planned drinks with my bubble friend tomorrow, but we'll see.
    Friday Feb 05 - Drinks
    Saturday Feb 06 - AF - Going to get at least 2 in a row or more.
    Sunday Feb 07 - Drinks - Superbowl naughty food and drinks.
    Monday Feb 08 - AF - Going to try to string together a few

Rolling total 5AF days out of 8 days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Forgot: Clausthauler grapefruit non-alcoholic is super delicious and a repeat buy for me. But it's like a wine cooler, not beer-like at all. If you like citrus and especially pink grapefruit, this may be a good one. Downside, 95 calories but I found one to be very filling, so having one when craving that taste is not bad.

Also, correction from my prior post: it's "Buckler" and not Buckner.