Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,563 Member
    Options
    @lisamestiza2021

Where are you that it is minus 45?? Winnipeg?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,563 Member
    Options
    @chocolate_owl

Thanks for the info!
    That makes sense, since it was a bodybuilder that told me that. He was obviously talking about undoing lifting by drinking alcohol.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    DH & I went to the liquor store SPECS and bought about dozen bottles of wine for our wine & cheese party next Saturday. We also went to Houston Dairymaids to pick up a variety of cheeses. Spices from Penzeys. Oh and C&W Meat Market for alligator sausage for the savory (not sweet) alligator & shrimp cheesecake bites I'm making from a Jacques-Imo's Café in New Orleans recipe.

Amazing enough we only opened 1 bottle tonight ... and I drank my planned 2 glasses.

Congratulations on sticking to your plan! Especially with all the wine you bought. The menu for your party sounds just delicious. We all *may* crash your party! Haha!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    https://timetothrivetherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/The-addiction-recovery-skills-workbook.pdf

Just found this. Somebody saved the book content in pdf format! Anyway, this is the book I was talking about.

Thank you for the pdf book!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Day 6 AF done! No wine cravings, was able to skip the Stress gummies. BUT my "wine devil" negotiated with me and convinced me to buy 3 other "addictive" items because I was not drinking: tortilla chips, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.

I bought all 3 and ate them for lunch. Did I have 1 serving? No way, wine devil doesn't operate that way! He always wants MORE. UGH. Needless to say off in auto-pilot I went and I ate half a bag of chips with half a container of cheese (ugh) and about 60 chocolate chips for dessert.

I ran into this scenario before. What he will say next is "look, this stop drinking thing isn't working out, better to drink a few glasses of wine so you don't feel the impulse to eat these foods in excess which are fattening".

I refuse to give into his irrational demands.

It’s pretty normal to crave a substitute, especially sweets, as we come off all the sugar coursing through our systems that was put there by alcohol. It is very insightful that you knew you were eating on auto-pilot. That’s a great thing to keep in mind for next time you have chips! Measure your the serving into a bowl, and put the bag away.

We Catholics have a nice prayer... “St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Protect us from the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen”

I’d say that any prayer you make to get the Wine Devil off your shoulder is basically telling him to GTFO! Haha!

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I found a decent de-alcoholized wine!!!!
    Rondel Zero from Spain. It's a Cava and tastes quite like prosecco.
    I picked it because it listed 2/3rd less sugar/carbs compared to the Fre brand I hated. It's got excellent effervescence and a pear flavor.
    40 calories.
    I'd say the sweetness is still a wee bit too much for me. I added a splash of Pellegrino to it for minerality and to reduce the sweetness a bit.

Found it at Total Wine in the U.S., about $10 but this will work for days like Superbowl, Valentine's, and the occasional weekend my grown kids come over and we have dinners.

Thank you for the suggestion ... I'll look for it!