Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @CMB44512 what great news for you and your Sister. Your a inspiration. Chili sauce huh? Coney Island style?
    Chili sauce I love, hot dogs I hate.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    CMB44512 wrote: »
    @Womona how did you know I was Paisley fan? That's one of my favorite songs.

Update:
    I had a heart to heart with my Sister about my new direction with drinking. I'm trying to reassure her that we do not have to follow down our Mom's drinking road. She had been wanting to cut back also and our talk put her in a better frame of mind to do something about it.

My GF and I are having my Sister and my BIL over tonight to watch the game. Focusing on fixing fun foods to eat verses alcohol to suck down. There will be beer, nothing like in the past.

I make a mean homemade chili sauce. My specially for the game will be foot long chili/cheese dogs.

GO CHIEFS🏈🌭

It’s amazing how we find others who are also interested in cutting down on alcohol. Just takes sharing our thoughts, and our peeps come out of the woodwork! Very glad to hear your sister is on board, and how it’s all about the food and fun, and not getting wasted. Your chili sounds delicious!

The first time I heard the lyrics to that song, I was in the car with my young son. “When you see a deer you see Bambi, I see antlers up on the wall”... had us dying! We laughed so hard. We still laugh at that song. Nice memory!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @chocolate_owl I hope you are recovering well and starting to feel better! Have you hit the Oregon vineyards for quality pinor noir? I hit most in Willamette Valley. Iris Vineyards, Reserve 2016 or 2014. I'm having a fantasy moment. Drinking wine outdoors in Oregon on a nice day at a vineyard, wow. The flavor and freshness is not the same in a bottle.

Where is your "TED wall"? I don't know what this is, forgive me...