Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    some very powerful posts!
    Everyone journeys is different, and everyone has their own goals. This is the reason I am here, never any judgement.

My steps towards less alcohol looks different and it has taken me years to even get to the point were I thought I could even go one evening without the bliss alcohol gives me. My baby steps are making me feel more confident and the thought of not having a drink does not send me into a tail spin, however I do keep alcohol in the house as a security blanket. And like @chocolate_owl I look at my DH and think ok you blink first!

i absolutely lol'd at the winking at the husband bit! i do the very same!! :D
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @chocolate_owl Your response regarding ordering a coke (or anything non-alcohol at a bar) is spot on. I'm still a small town girl (now grandma) who goes to a small town bar (Legion). The only ones we know for sure do NOT have a "drinking problem" ARE the ones ordering soft drinks or mocktails. That goes for 21years to 80 years of age. IF anyone notices someone switched to or away from a beverage no one makes much of it, especially not friends aside from maybe good-natured fun.

I am sorry you are struggling with so much right now. Glad you came back. I would have missed your perspective and been lesser for it. :) Just want to leave you with this thought. One person's failure may be viewed by another as success. Some people may be able to go on a long AF streak--but not necessarily because they are stronger. They may know they are only one sip from their past of downing a handle every week. Others may be able to moderate to just a few a night or several just a couple times a week, but never stop thinking about the next one. And so on. If there was a single "cause" or "fix" for all of us, we wouldn't be able to share and care like we do here. Thankfully @MissMay accepts us all--besides, we'd all be boring if we were all the same!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy I watched a youtube show on Kimberly BC last night, they were showing mountain bikers on trails. Pretty place I hope to see with you when I get there! IF I get fully vaccinated by June and the borders open, I will be there, but vaccine rollout is at a standstill here. Alternative is Fall (or whenever the fire season and heat ends and the lower trails don't yet have snow).

Such a great little Mountain town. I was up there today for a job.
    I will totally try to keep up with you on the trails. We will research since there are 10s of 1,000s to choose from.
    This really gives us something to look forward to!!!
    No worries if you come in the hot summer, we can laze about on the lakes on floaties : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am generally a reader more than a poster, but I wanted to say thank to those who do post and share their stories. Since I have joined the thread I come back everyday to read it.

My goal is to be alcohol free at home, drinking by myself is a slippery slope and I had been drinking more and more frequently. I have been doing well and reading the thread everyday helps keep me focussed on my goal. Saving money is an unintended bonus!

<3 Thank you all. <3

Hi : - )
    Glad that you decided to post.
    As you can see, we have the common thread of wanting to drink less. It means something different to each of us. To you it is not to drink at home. In many places (with the pandemic lockdowns) drinking at home is the only option.
    Looking forward to more posts from you.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

Happy birthday to your Mom!!

I also wanted to commend you on powering through when your hubby was opening the "good" stuff this past week and not imbibing yourself. Fortitude!!